Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2016, 09:25 PM   #53831

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Bummer, sorry to hear of your woes. Hope they turn it around quickly.
Amazing that you have had no problems for so long. Enjoy the hotel!
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2016, 09:29 PM   #53832

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ha Ken, ha Steve, ha Ed, goodnight Johnboy!

Ed I haven't forgot about calling you. Still working on a travel itinary and departure date! Start our hosting next week and lots to get done plus internet down a couple days, computer out and changes at our deer lease have kelp me running. Hi Jackie!
Old 04-27-2016, 01:07 AM   #53833

Mutant Diagnosis Please

Maybe I should be diagnosed as a mutant? My "handle" is my goal and serves to remind me to "take it easy". I love small towns with a park square and a friendly café. I love the smell of rain and new blossoms or a campfire. State highways are preferred but if we must use the Interstate then I enjoy falling in with the trucks and smoothly rolling off those miles. We don't have a satellite, don't need one or want one. If the cable isn't working and the rabbit ears won't pull in anything, we just read. But I do like those blue lights. What the he** is that all about anyway?
We've been rv'ing for over 40 years and I am so fortunate that my DW loves the journey as much as I do.
Should I be treated as a Mutant?
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:37 AM   #53834
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZDZIT View Post
Maybe I should be diagnosed as a mutant? My "handle" is my goal and serves to remind me to "take it easy". I love small towns with a park square and a friendly café. I love the smell of rain and new blossoms or a campfire. State highways are preferred but if we must use the Interstate then I enjoy falling in with the trucks and smoothly rolling off those miles. We don't have a satellite, don't need one or want one. If the cable isn't working and the rabbit ears won't pull in anything, we just read. But I do like those blue lights. What the he** is that all about anyway?
We've been rv'ing for over 40 years and I am so fortunate that my DW loves the journey as much as I do.
You most definitely have the Mutant gene!
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:48 AM   #53835
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well... we ran up 17 to I-40 without a hitch. Down 40 to our exit and headed toward our RV park. Next thing I know we're slowing down and the check engine light came on. Limped to Freightliner. EGR Valve... so hotel for the next couple nights. We're settled in probably till Friday morning. Almost 18 months on the road without an issue.

Plot Twist!
Oh no! Well, like Di said, 18 months on the road without one mechanical problem has to be a Mutant record. And $1500 is not bad! You will make an adventure of this little setback just as you make an adventure of everything.

Wish we were closer to where you are and we'd run up and go to dinner with you!
Old 04-27-2016, 05:02 AM   #53836
MPH

Yesterday we went to Cottonwood to visit Tuzigoot Nat'l Monument. Fascinating! The Verde River valley has supported human existence for millennia. It's a beautiful and lush valley. The ruins sit atop a hill 250 (or so) feet above the valley floor.

From the ruins, you are looking down on the tops of trees and the river flood plain where the ancient people farmed. They have found remains of over 40 ancient communities svattered over many miles of the river valley and surrounding areas. We are fascinated by ancient cultures and peoples. Tuzigoot and Montezuma National Monuments are MUST SEES if you are a history buff!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1344.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	125373   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1341.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	125374  

Name:	IMG_1345.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	125375  
Old 04-27-2016, 05:06 AM   #53837
MPH

Tuzigoot National Monument. There were no entrance doors into rooms. Access was by ladders through the roofs. Over 200 people lived in this community for 400+ years.

Sorry about the sideways pic. Can someone upright it?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1353.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	125378   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1351-1.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	125379  

Old 04-27-2016, 05:37 AM   #53838

Carolina Campers
R U an RV Mutant too?

I guess it was just time to move on after 400+ years...
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:25 AM   #53839

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Self-diagnosis, I love it! Yes, you definitely sound very mutant and glad you stated as much, quick accurately I might add. Someone of higher authority will show up, provide you a coveted RVM number and announce your ability to ride the rainbow freely. Hope you find your ways to Maine this August or perhaps the following August (2017) in Oregon for the great solar eclipse gathering or just about any other gathering that may be declared along the way.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:26 AM   #53840

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
I guess it was just time to move on after 400+ years...
That was the year the first RV's came out, so Splitsville it became!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:27 AM   #53841

Quote:

Welcome EZDZIT, aka Fred and Mary.......
You will be # 135 as soon as number 1 or 2 get on and see your post,
but you have met all of our entrance requirements.....
Glad you came upon our infamous thread. I am Di, hubby is Larry, we are in Arkansas....

Best way to get to know us is jump in and post, which you did.... Enjoy...

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:47 AM   #53842

Quote:

Fred and Mary, you have been diagnosed as RV Mutant, and are now to be recognized as RVM135!
You are now free to roam RVMdom on the Rainbow and join us crazies whenever possible!
Hey, RVMs, please welcome Fred and Mary, RV Mutant #135!!!!

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:51 AM   #53843

Hey Steve, sorry to hear that Bonita needs doctoring. She has been a really good girl!
Mel and Kate, Nola and I have been in awe of Tuzigoot since 1988, and have visited it every few years for a refreshing synapse refresher.

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:32 AM   #53844

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well... we ran up 17 to I-40 without a hitch. Down 40 to our exit and headed toward our RV park. Next thing I know we're slowing down and the check engine light came on. Limped to Freightliner. EGR Valve... so hotel for the next couple nights. We're settled in probably till Friday morning. Almost 18 months on the road without an issue.

Plot Twist!

Aaaarghhhh! Plot twists are part of a good story, I reckon, but more fun on the page sometimes than in the experience.

Oh well, enjoy the sauna and the bubble bath and the looong hot showers, the fact that someone else vacuums and changes the bed and washes the dishes. Call it a vacation!

Hope it isn't long or too expensive. Mohmmms!