Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2016, 08:49 AM   #53859

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Fred and Mary, you have been diagnosed as RV Mutant, and are now to be recognized as RVM135!
You are now free to roam RVMdom on the Rainbow and join us crazies whenever possible!
Hey, RVMs, please welcome Fred and Mary, RV Mutant #135!!!!

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants

Welcome RVM#135, AKA EZDZIT, you are a true Mutant & passed the grueling test EZ...

I live close to DI and Tim in Arkansas & love to live vicariously through my Mutant family when I cant join them... Hope to meet you in Maine and/or N.B. Canada..

Join in the fun when you can...

Richard & Ann

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2016, 08:56 AM   #53860

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Fred and Mary, you have been diagnosed as RV Mutant, and are now to be recognized as RVM135!
You are now free to roam RVMdom on the Rainbow and join us crazies whenever possible!
Hey, RVMs, please welcome Fred and Mary, RV Mutant #135!!!!

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants

Hiya, EZDZIT! We enjoyed your company in Yuma and were hoping you'd jump into this mutant pool. Welcome!

Y'all: RVM #135 is the neighbor whose pic I posted in mid-April, Martin and he conferring under the slide about the bay door problem we were having.

Btw, Fred, the problem apparently was caused by the chassis twisting in the leveling, just enough to keep the latch from operating. Works fine now. It's the auto leveling that's the problem, and the factory gets to deal with that next month.

Glad to hear from you! Hi, Mary! Cheers!

Old 04-27-2016, 09:16 AM   #53861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Hiya, EZDZIT! We enjoyed your company in Yuma and were hoping you'd jump into this mutant pool. Welcome!

Y'all: RVM #135 is the neighbor whose pic I posted in mid-April, Martin and he conferring under the slide about the bay door problem we were having.

Btw, Fred, the problem apparently was caused by the chassis twisting in the leveling, just enough to keep the latch from operating. Works fine now. It's the auto leveling that's the problem, and the factory gets to deal with that next month.

Glad to hear from you! Hi, Mary! Cheers!

Note to EZDZIT: When you met Sue and Martin, you have met the BEST of our Mutant family... In my personal opinion, everyone has been fantastic & I look up to all of them...

I just realized you are from S. Cal & live in my brothers neighborhood of Bonita...

Then, my invitation to join us in Maine would be a LONG journey to enjoy.. Keep in mind the Aug 2017 GC being planned for Oregon...

I hope to meet you in one coast or the other...

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:23 AM   #53862

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well Hello! New Mutants in the rainbow hood! Welcome to EZDZIT!
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:26 AM   #53863

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ahh, Steve and Annie, enjoy your hotel stay... Bonita Bounder, get better quick!

Wow, last night was something else... I think Bess is still mad at mom because she wouldn't turn the thunder and sideways rain/hail off! Needless to say... none of us got much sleep last night. ( but we got a heck of a lot of rain and all that which accompanied it.)
Old 04-27-2016, 11:34 AM   #53864

Thanks to all for your warm welcomes! Special thank you's to Dave and Nola and other early conspirators for this whole mutant idea and to Sue and Martin for the encouragement to jump in.
Sue and Martin, safe travels to Thor and best of luck there with your fixit list.
We are sure those of you who can attend will enjoy your time together this August in lovely Oregon. For us, we will follow our 2016 rainbow to the Mississippi River - Minnesota to New Orleans. We will be watching for the 2017 Oregon rally plans to develop.
Have fun. Safe travels.
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:08 PM   #53865

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome EZDZIT, I thought you might like to know that one of your fellow Mutants has a theme song...ask,I'm sure he'll oblige with a rendition.
Be safe

Barry and Pat, RVM114
Old 04-27-2016, 12:36 PM   #53866
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGA2016 View Post
Buckhorn Lake, Kerrville. Just off I-10, great place,lots of space,always something going on. Also handy for San Antonio.

Barry & Pat RVM 114

Barry and Pat, RVM114
I'll second that if you can drive the 29 miles to Fredericksburg to visit.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:41 PM   #53867

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Welcome EZDZIT, I thought you might like to know that one of your fellow Mutants has a theme song...ask,I'm sure he'll oblige with a rendition.
Be safe

Barry and Pat, RVM114
NO! NO! NO! Don't fall for it! You can't unhear it after you've heard it!

Edited to add... I'm sure glad I popped in for a digging the weeds with roots to china task rest to see that! Might have saved your poor virgin ears....
Old 04-27-2016, 12:43 PM   #53868
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I'll second that if you can drive the 29 miles to Fredericksburg to visit.

There is another military fam csmo n of San Antonio. Canyon lake
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:55 PM   #53869
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well... we ran up 17 to I-40 without a hitch. Down 40 to our exit and headed toward our RV park. Next thing I know we're slowing down and the check engine light came on. Limped to Freightliner. EGR Valve... so hotel for the next couple nights. We're settled in probably till Friday morning. Almost 18 months on the road without an issue.

Plot Twist!
Sorry to hear that and not understanding why it takes more than a couple hours. Scheduling? When mine went out I took it to the nearest Cummins dealer somewhere in Kansas and I was on the road in two hours.

Also, one time the EGR dash light came on I called and then pulled into a Cummins dealer, they put their diagnostics computer on the coach and said there was only one instance of the EGR malfunction. This was in Montanana and they said it was a function of altitude change and not to worry. Never happened again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi View Post
The funny thing is when we lived in the Seattle area we bought wild flower seeds for our hillside and they came from Fredericksburg!

We hear that there are peach orchards there and I am hoping to place an order for a few cases and then I will run back when they are ready for pick up.

We loved Germany and that is why we are heading there.....it's between Fredericksburg and San Antonio😉.

Just excited to go do something fun !

Heading to Seattle in June for a couple of weeks in the RV too.
We will be somewhere on the West Coast during this summer - keep us informed of where you are.

If you have not been to SA (Texas speak for San Antonio) make sure you visit the River Walk, the Alamo, and while at the Alamo pick up the brochure of The Missions and drive that route. Go to the Alamo first, then walk across Alamo Plaza, down the steps and enter the River Walk. While down there take the River Walk Boat tour for a good glimpse of what goes on along the River Walk and then you can revisit that area at your leisure. They also have a River Walk Water Taxi but we prefer walking.

The Missions are very nice to visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZDZIT View Post
Maybe I should be diagnosed as a mutant? My "handle" is my goal and serves to remind me to "take it easy". I love small towns with a park square and a friendly café. I love the smell of rain and new blossoms or a campfire. State highways are preferred but if we must use the Interstate then I enjoy falling in with the trucks and smoothly rolling off those miles. We don't have a satellite, don't need one or want one. If the cable isn't working and the rabbit ears won't pull in anything, we just read. But I do like those blue lights. What the he** is that all about anyway?
We've been rv'ing for over 40 years and I am so fortunate that my DW loves the journey as much as I do.
Should I be treated as a Mutant?
You most certainly pass all the requirements of becoming an RV Mutant - and as posted along the way, welcome Fred & Mary RVM #135 to this great group (mix up) of RV Mutants....

Quote:
Be safe

Barry and Pat, RVM114
...and yes, I have a wonderful theme song that I am willing to share with those that ask. Pay no never mind to those who tell you not to as they do not appreciate good songs and are very narrow minded. I won't mention any names, but you can decide for yourself.

So, when you receive the "other means of communications" from Barb, be sure to reply with a request to hear the theme song, my theme song. It is representative of how the "other" RV Mutants feel about me. Please don't deny yourself the pleasure of my theme song.

Upon request, that I am waiting for, it gives the others the opportunity to refresh their feelings of me.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:41 PM   #53870
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
There is another military fam csmo n of San Antonio. Canyon lake

fam ( camp )North of...

Huge finger slide
Sick grand with me, had to puck him up yesterday at school, to dr office with Strep Throat, so he got to
Stay over with Di... Parents are in FL looking for place to live....

Excuse my tiredness.... Lol...

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:22 PM   #53871

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Well hello, RVMs #135, welcome to this august group. Maybe I should change that to August group, as we have the next couple of planned GCs happening in that month.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:29 PM   #53872

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Sorry to hear that and not understanding why it takes more than a couple hours. Scheduling? When mine went out I took it to the nearest Cummins dealer somewhere in Kansas and I was on the road in two hours.

Also, one time the EGR dash light came on I called and then pulled into a Cummins dealer, they put their diagnostics computer on the coach and said there was only one instance of the EGR malfunction. This was in Montanana and they said it was a function of altitude change and not to worry. Never happened again.
Well Wayne - they didn't have one on hand. By the time they pulled codes, worked the estimate and I approved it, the order was placed but too late to come up the hill from Phoenix until today. Which means tomorrow for the actual work.

I didn't have EGR light it was Check Engine and limp mode. Altitude maybe - but never over 108 on the way up the hill - ran great until it didn't.

Ya know what I don't understand... your jacks!

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Bananas | - »