Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2016, 11:45 PM   #54419

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
I am thinking November is a good month......

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Ok I am just getting caught up on here. Looks like there are a few people that are interested in meeting up............I am not really familiar with the area but we just loved it and had so much fun!

There are a few RV parks with plenty of hook ups 50 amps, but only a couple with a grand meeting room.

Lots of wineries 46 to be exact with many being built too. 3 Breweries and 1 distiller in the area. Plenty of great food and lots of shopping.

So is November the best time for that area? Do we want to being in the Fredericksburg area or somewhere else?

Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2016, 11:48 PM   #54420

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Plan it and they will come. Do they have a nice RV park with FHU, 50 amp and room for 25 or more mostly big rigs? A pavilion or meeting room is a plus. Then find a great weather week and you're half way there.

Ok just need more feed back from everyone I guess. Does anyone have any idea of what they want to do? I am so new to that area of TX still.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:50 PM   #54421

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
I am interested, have you scouted a site & date yet??

If you dont have anything tacked down yet, you might want to look at a "Sister" site of Catherines Landing near Medina, web: Medina Highpoint Resort in Texas - RVC Outdoor Destination

Just some food for thought...

You would know more about that area than I would...

Again, YES I am interested...

I looked at the resort - its a ways away from Fredericksburg but defiantly an option if we don't want to go to the wineries and such. The resort looks like lots of fun!!!
Old 05-11-2016, 07:00 AM   #54422

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi View Post
Ok just need more feed back from everyone I guess. Does anyone have any idea of what they want to do? I am so new to that area of TX still.
Between the wineries, breweries and the distillery is this going to be a month long GC. Shopping? At the places mentioned? I vote yes!
chuckinthebus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:13 AM   #54423

All I can say is, if you are thinking November of 2016, we can't make it , I'll be heading to Michigan for deer season this year.
PTJeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:34 AM   #54424
RVM1

R U an RV Mutant too?

Nola says we can mark the FETGC as quite possible!
And I say OH YEAH!

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:51 AM   #54425
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
I looked at the resort - its a ways away from Fredericksburg but defiantly an option if we don't want to go to the wineries and such. The resort looks like lots of fun!!!

Wineries are not our thing.... Maybe once, but thats all i am interested in.... Shopping is also not a biggie to me... As long as i can get essentials.

So I would be ok with anything... I do not know the area at all, so my suggestions would not be based on any knowledge,so i really dont care where it is...
If we can, we will, but November and March/April are the months most seem to have open most of the time....

We will probably be in Florida this winter, because grands are moving there, but I prefer dryer AZ in winter... So my Florida visits may indeed change to other times, i had already told Wayne we might come to Galveston in November, so a GC would be a great addition..... I would suggest the early part of November... For those who still do the family turkey day get-together... But that gets into hunting time..... Too far for some, some already have plans for that time of the year...
WHICH MY POINT IS, there is no perfect time or place... Like Barb says, plan it and people will come.... The ones who can....

But the sooner it gets set, the better for everyone.... Pt or ft....

Thanks for the idea Colleen....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:22 AM   #54426

Monaco Owners Club
Ok I will look at the options and see what I find............if anyone else wants to look for options that would be great too!

I think the first part of November will work for us too........have to talk to Hunter and see how launches are scheduled etc.

I know SA isn't that far away either.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:43 AM   #54427

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Ok I will look at the options and see what I find............if anyone else wants to look for options that would be great too!

I think the first part of November will work for us too........have to talk to Hunter and see how launches are scheduled etc.

I know SA isn't that far away either.
That might be a possibility for us too... and yes, one winery trip is all I'd care about... I'm much more interested in hanging out together...The thing is, November is start of snowbird season, so if you find a spot... reserve at least 20 sites now and it can increase or decrease as the time approaches... but I'm afeared of the snowbird influx getting all the spots if we don't act soon to reserve... But I'm no expert on the migration patterns of the snowbirds either so I could be off on their calendar.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 12:00 PM   #54428

We don't know for sure but we definitely will try to figure out a way to get to Texas in November. Early in the month would be better for northern mutants with S & B.

We would drive new car and trailer w/golf cart to Texas. Attend the GC then drive to Georgia to find a storage spot for MH and trailer and cart.

Any suggestions on affordable storage in southern Georgia?
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 01:11 PM   #54429
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Sorry to hear your jack problem is still not resolved. What a pain.

Our new ride has auto-leveling. I am completely and hopelessly spoiled now.

Hi Earlene!
Oh, we have auto-leveling and that works it is just that after it has been leveled the left front side dips down taking it out of level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Has anyone suggested this Tim? Better than duct tape and baling wire. WAY better than a wash cloth.

Amazon.com: RESCUE TAPE Self-Fusing Silicone Tape (1", Black): Home Improvement
Duh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Time for a nice Progressive Industries model. I really like the fact that their units have user replaceable parts and the lifetime warranty. Great customer service.

This is a relatively easy install and no compatibility issues. It can be installed before the ATS to only monitor shore power or after the ATS to monitor both shore and generator power.

Always could go to the PT-50C (Portable Progressive Industries.) I just leave mine plugged into the end of the power cord and just have to plug one into the pedestal so there is no extra time. Well, I do sometime lock it down with a chain for those tempted to take it and see how it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
We don't know for sure but we definitely will try to figure out a way to get to Texas in November. Early in the month would be better for northern mutants with S & B.

We would drive new car and trailer w/golf cart to Texas. Attend the GC then drive to Georgia to find a storage spot for MH and trailer and cart.

Any suggestions on affordable storage in southern Georgia?
COME ON DOWN!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 02:17 PM   #54430

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
November would work for us too. We had a prolonged stay at Buckhorn Lake Resort in Kerrville. They have everything needed for a mutant gathering.

Barry and Pat, RVM114
Old 05-11-2016, 02:28 PM   #54431
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGA2016 View Post
November would work for us too. We had a prolonged stay at Buckhorn Lake Resort in Kerrville. They have everything needed for a mutant gathering.

Barry and Pat, RVM114
Need reservations well in advance for anything in Texas from Fredericksburg on down to the Gulf Coast. Lots of Winter Texans.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 03:53 PM   #54432

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Some crap to report

Steve RVM2 asked me to keep posting so this is all that I have for now.

Had my septic tank pumped this AM by a nice guy named Phil...his 3rd trip to clean out our turd tank in 22 years. We talked about motorhomes and tires but I tried to leave him to his task. He has a 40' 2000 Alpine.

We also talked about grease, flushable wipes, people we know in common and some other crap. We're good for another 7-10 years.

Sam RVM 123