Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-11-2016, 05:29 PM   #54419
Senior Member
 
tedgard01's Avatar
 
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 3,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Hate to pick, but the pic is rightside up!!!!


Dave and Nola, RV Mutants

Ya, once you get used to cocking you head to the side, it is hard to retrain...... LOL
__________________

tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2016, 05:31 PM   #54420
Senior Member
 
tedgard01's Avatar
 
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 3,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Not any more

That is what I thought would happen.... I was going to say; Wait for it, wait for it....
__________________

tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:33 PM   #54421
Senior Member
 
tedgard01's Avatar
 
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 3,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Great diner in Cordes Junction!

You sure keep me hungry on this sight.....
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:39 PM   #54422
Senior Member
 
tedgard01's Avatar
 
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 3,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well guess what??? Hotelling it again tonight. Geesh. We were #8 in line and they won't even hook up the computer today - and won't call FL Flagstaff for the parameter file until they do. Geesh. Oh well, at least we have friends here in Abq!

Make your plans in sand, then get ready to watch them shift....
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:00 PM   #54423
Senior Member
 
tedgard01's Avatar
 
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 3,123
R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Out to dinner will update later...
Namaste Mutants!

Steve, I swear that looks like Namaste in Rio Rancho.... They do the best Indian food....

Btw, I went to CW in ABQ and they kept my RV for three months due to some warranty work that had to be done.... Slower than anyone I know...

Another time in ABQ, I called my manufacture for another warranty call and they had me go to La Mesa RV. The service was exceptional there.
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:23 PM   #54424
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Steve, I swear that looks like Namaste in Rio Rancho.... They do the best Indian food....

Btw, I went to CW in ABQ and they kept my RV for three months due to some warranty work that had to be done.... Slower than anyone I know...

Another time in ABQ, I called my manufacture for another warranty call and they had me go to La Mesa RV. The service was exceptional there.
It the new Namste in Brick Light District by UNM. The food was excellent. Lamb Korma, Vegetable Briani, Garlic Nan, Dal Makhani, and the Flying Horse beer with Papadum and chutneys were all spot on.

Bonita was purchased from La Mesa! And their new place out by CW and Freightliner is very nice.

I think from now on engine work is going to Cummins. The guys at FL Western Star in Flagstaff wiped out basically all my parameters. They still aren't done. Another night in the hotel. For the life of me I don't know how they could be so derilict.

We are rolling with the flow. Will raise the roof on the Flagstaff folks once this is done. When Annie gets through with them they may pay for hotel nights and a cruise. Believe me, she's tried all her arguments on me several times.... oh the humanity. Lol.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:29 PM   #54425
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 15,036
Blog Entries: 1
More moohhms for B, Steve.
Hope her brain surgery is complete soon.


Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:29 PM   #54426
RVM99
 
bokobird's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: CT S&B
Posts: 3,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
It the new Namste in Brick Light District by UNM. The food was excellent. Lamb Korma, Vegetable Briani, Garlic Nan, Dal Makhani, and the Flying Horse beer with Papadum and chutneys were all spot on.

Bonita was purchased from La Mesa! And their new place out by CW and Freightliner is very nice.

I think from now on engine work is going to Cummins. The guys at FL Western Star in Flagstaff wiped out basically all my parameters. They still aren't done. Another night in the hotel. For the life of me I don't know how they could be so derilict.

We are rolling with the flow. Will raise the roof on the Flagstaff folks once this is done. When Annie gets through with them they may pay for hotel nights and a cruise. Believe me, she's tried all her arguments on me several times.... oh the humanity. Lol.
Unbelievable...
__________________
Carl
'07 Newmar KSDP3916 w/Hydralift/'06 FLHX, '15 Equinox, Blue Ox Alpha, RVibrake2, FMCA F476758
With the birds...
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:37 PM   #54427
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Unbelievable...
Yep. Sad. Sad. Sad.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:44 PM   #54428
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
More moohhms for B, Steve.
Hope her brain surgery is complete soon.


Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
Bonita having brain surgery - the surgeon had to take a break - came and gave me an update.

He says he and the shop foreman will be on it in in the morning. Still thinks 2 more hours minimum. I can't fathom it. But gotta roll with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1463013733659.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	126785  
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:52 PM   #54429
RVM99
 
bokobird's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: CT S&B
Posts: 3,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Bonita having brain surgery - the surgeon had to take a break - came and gave me an update.

He says he and the shop foreman will be on it in in the morning. Still thinks 2 more hours minimum. I can't fathom it. But gotta roll with it.
I get that these are sometimes complex things with computers running things and such. And I've seen some hideous parameterization done in all kinds of systems, but being naive about what engine manufacturers might do, it seems almost like it's a non-repeatable process. You'd think they'd have some file pre-defining all the parameters for a particular engine/transmission combination, load it and be done. But that's me, the programmer, thinking too logically. And to then say, oh, they might have it in two more hours, it's like, WOW.
__________________
Carl
'07 Newmar KSDP3916 w/Hydralift/'06 FLHX, '15 Equinox, Blue Ox Alpha, RVibrake2, FMCA F476758
With the birds...
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:54 PM   #54430
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I get that these are sometimes complex things with computers running things and such. And I've seen some hideous parameterization done in all kinds of systems, but being naive about what engine manufacturers might do, it seems almost like it's a non-repeatable process. You'd think they'd have some file pre-defining all the parameters for a particular engine/transmission combination, load it and be done. But that's me, the programmer, thinking too logically. And to then say, oh, they might have it in two more hours, it's like, WOW.
The tech says Flagstaff wiped everything out. So while it was easy to go in and set the Rear End Ratio and the Tire RPMS per minute, Enable the retarder that was disabled, enable the Cruise Comtrol, apparently there are lots of other things that are just gone. I really can't explain it, but I see lots of items on the print out that aren't "exploded" that I suppose have parameter options that were there and not now and unknown. Or maybe it's just smoke up my tailpipe.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:55 PM   #54431
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 8,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam60 View Post
Steve RVM2 asked me to keep posting so this is all that I have for now.

Had my septic tank pumped this AM by a nice guy named Phil...his 3rd trip to clean out our turd tank in 22 years. We talked about motorhomes and tires but I tried to leave him to his task. He has a 40' 2000 Alpine.

We also talked about grease, flushable wipes, people we know in common and some other crap. We're good for another 7-10 years.


Sam RVM 123
And that's all the news that's fit to flush from Sam I am, uh, I mean RVM123. Sam, I think you have a future in public broadcasting. Keep up the good work.
__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F, 2012 Smart Car toad, 372 watt solar FMCA #F466348
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 - no end in sight
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:05 PM   #54432
RVM99
 
bokobird's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: CT S&B
Posts: 3,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
The tech says Flagstaff wiped everything out. So while it was easy to go in and set the Rear End Ratio and the Tire RPMS per minute, Enable the retarder that was disabled, enable the Cruise Comtrol, apparently there are lots of other things that are just gone. I really can't explain it, but I see lots of items on the print out that aren't "exploded" that I suppose have parameter options that were there and not now and unknown. Or maybe it's just smoke up my tailpipe.
I guess that's the point I was trying to make - it's not an easily repeatable process and that's the really sucky part. There are a lot of people to blame on that one.
__________________

__________________
Carl
'07 Newmar KSDP3916 w/Hydralift/'06 FLHX, '15 Equinox, Blue Ox Alpha, RVibrake2, FMCA F476758
With the birds...
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 9 (2 members and 7 guests)
bokobird, MartySQ
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.