Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2016, 05:29 PM   #54419

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Hate to pick, but the pic is rightside up!!!!

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants

Ya, once you get used to cocking you head to the side, it is hard to retrain...... LOL
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2016, 05:31 PM   #54420

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Not any more

That is what I thought would happen.... I was going to say; Wait for it, wait for it....
Old 05-11-2016, 05:33 PM   #54421

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Great diner in Cordes Junction!

You sure keep me hungry on this sight.....
Old 05-11-2016, 05:39 PM   #54422

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well guess what??? Hotelling it again tonight. Geesh. We were #8 in line and they won't even hook up the computer today - and won't call FL Flagstaff for the parameter file until they do. Geesh. Oh well, at least we have friends here in Abq!

Make your plans in sand, then get ready to watch them shift....
Old 05-11-2016, 06:00 PM   #54423

Carolina Campers
R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Out to dinner will update later...
Namaste Mutants!

Steve, I swear that looks like Namaste in Rio Rancho.... They do the best Indian food....

Btw, I went to CW in ABQ and they kept my RV for three months due to some warranty work that had to be done.... Slower than anyone I know...

Another time in ABQ, I called my manufacture for another warranty call and they had me go to La Mesa RV. The service was exceptional there.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:23 PM   #54424

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Steve, I swear that looks like Namaste in Rio Rancho.... They do the best Indian food....

Btw, I went to CW in ABQ and they kept my RV for three months due to some warranty work that had to be done.... Slower than anyone I know...

Another time in ABQ, I called my manufacture for another warranty call and they had me go to La Mesa RV. The service was exceptional there.
It the new Namste in Brick Light District by UNM. The food was excellent. Lamb Korma, Vegetable Briani, Garlic Nan, Dal Makhani, and the Flying Horse beer with Papadum and chutneys were all spot on.

Bonita was purchased from La Mesa! And their new place out by CW and Freightliner is very nice.

I think from now on engine work is going to Cummins. The guys at FL Western Star in Flagstaff wiped out basically all my parameters. They still aren't done. Another night in the hotel. For the life of me I don't know how they could be so derilict.

We are rolling with the flow. Will raise the roof on the Flagstaff folks once this is done. When Annie gets through with them they may pay for hotel nights and a cruise. Believe me, she's tried all her arguments on me several times.... oh the humanity. Lol.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:29 PM   #54425

More moohhms for B, Steve.
Hope her brain surgery is complete soon.

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:29 PM   #54426

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
It the new Namste in Brick Light District by UNM. The food was excellent. Lamb Korma, Vegetable Briani, Garlic Nan, Dal Makhani, and the Flying Horse beer with Papadum and chutneys were all spot on.

Bonita was purchased from La Mesa! And their new place out by CW and Freightliner is very nice.

I think from now on engine work is going to Cummins. The guys at FL Western Star in Flagstaff wiped out basically all my parameters. They still aren't done. Another night in the hotel. For the life of me I don't know how they could be so derilict.

We are rolling with the flow. Will raise the roof on the Flagstaff folks once this is done. When Annie gets through with them they may pay for hotel nights and a cruise. Believe me, she's tried all her arguments on me several times.... oh the humanity. Lol.
Unbelievable...
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:37 PM   #54427

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Unbelievable...
Yep. Sad. Sad. Sad.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:44 PM   #54428

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
More moohhms for B, Steve.
Hope her brain surgery is complete soon.

Bonita having brain surgery - the surgeon had to take a break - came and gave me an update.

He says he and the shop foreman will be on it in in the morning. Still thinks 2 more hours minimum. I can't fathom it. But gotta roll with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1463013733659.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	126785  
Old 05-11-2016, 06:52 PM   #54429

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Bonita having brain surgery - the surgeon had to take a break - came and gave me an update.

He says he and the shop foreman will be on it in in the morning. Still thinks 2 more hours minimum. I can't fathom it. But gotta roll with it.
I get that these are sometimes complex things with computers running things and such. And I've seen some hideous parameterization done in all kinds of systems, but being naive about what engine manufacturers might do, it seems almost like it's a non-repeatable process. You'd think they'd have some file pre-defining all the parameters for a particular engine/transmission combination, load it and be done. But that's me, the programmer, thinking too logically. And to then say, oh, they might have it in two more hours, it's like, WOW.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:54 PM   #54430

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I get that these are sometimes complex things with computers running things and such. And I've seen some hideous parameterization done in all kinds of systems, but being naive about what engine manufacturers might do, it seems almost like it's a non-repeatable process. You'd think they'd have some file pre-defining all the parameters for a particular engine/transmission combination, load it and be done. But that's me, the programmer, thinking too logically. And to then say, oh, they might have it in two more hours, it's like, WOW.
The tech says Flagstaff wiped everything out. So while it was easy to go in and set the Rear End Ratio and the Tire RPMS per minute, Enable the retarder that was disabled, enable the Cruise Comtrol, apparently there are lots of other things that are just gone. I really can't explain it, but I see lots of items on the print out that aren't "exploded" that I suppose have parameter options that were there and not now and unknown. Or maybe it's just smoke up my tailpipe.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:55 PM   #54431

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam60 View Post
Steve RVM2 asked me to keep posting so this is all that I have for now.

Had my septic tank pumped this AM by a nice guy named Phil...his 3rd trip to clean out our turd tank in 22 years. We talked about motorhomes and tires but I tried to leave him to his task. He has a 40' 2000 Alpine.

We also talked about grease, flushable wipes, people we know in common and some other crap. We're good for another 7-10 years.

Sam RVM 123
And that's all the news that's fit to flush from Sam I am, uh, I mean RVM123. Sam, I think you have a future in public broadcasting. Keep up the good work.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:05 PM   #54432

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
The tech says Flagstaff wiped everything out. So while it was easy to go in and set the Rear End Ratio and the Tire RPMS per minute, Enable the retarder that was disabled, enable the Cruise Comtrol, apparently there are lots of other things that are just gone. I really can't explain it, but I see lots of items on the print out that aren't "exploded" that I suppose have parameter options that were there and not now and unknown. Or maybe it's just smoke up my tailpipe.
I guess that's the point I was trying to make - it's not an easily repeatable process and that's the really sucky part. There are a lot of people to blame on that one.