Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2016, 09:36 AM   #54517
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Well, been scrambling to get prepared for the Farmer's market tomorrow... All I have is lettuce, greens, and peach butter... but Sara has some jewelry hangers she made and some chives, and more varieties of lettuce to add to salad mix bags. Oh, and some green bunching onions. Slow start, but it will be hopping soon! (iffin the weather cooperates)... my cabbages, chard, and beets look lovely so far... and Mark staked my tomatoes for me today, so tomorrow afternoon, I can start training them up the posts. Just wish Bambi would leave them alone! he doesn't bother the pepper plants... yet.

You have the patience of a saint, the stamina and ambition of a child, and fun the whole time.

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2016, 10:21 AM   #54518

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Heading to Freightliner for the test drive. We may get out of here today. If not - Monday, cause they don't work on Sunday.

Dinner last night with friend Bill. Church Street Cafe in Abq Old Town... it was great. The red pork pasole was excellent. Last taste of this cuisine till we return to NM (or make it myself).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1463239062037.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	126945   Click image for larger version

Name:	1463239073968.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	126946  

Name:	1463239085374.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	126947   Click image for larger version

Name:	1463239098718.jpg
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	126948  

Name:	1463239123068.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	126949   Click image for larger version

Name:	1463239134332.jpg
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	126951  

Name:	1463239169813.jpg
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	126952  

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 10:22 AM   #54519

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Forgot the patio water feature lol...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1463239339404.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	126954  
Old 05-14-2016, 10:43 AM   #54520

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Someone please talk my wife down from the ledge.

We're again shopping for a DP, as missy hates the ride in our gasser. Any Tiffin or Newmar owners out there that can weigh in? Good, bad, warranty issues, etc. God help me, I'm looking at 2012-2014 and Ms. Moneybags is looking at brand spanking new.

Entegra is my favorite brand, but my last name isn't Buffet or Rockefeller.

Oh, the humanity..
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 11:32 AM   #54521

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post

We're again shopping for a DP, as missy hates the ride in our gasser. Any Tiffin or Newmar owners out there that can weigh in? Good, bad, warranty issues, etc. God help me, I'm looking at 2012-2014 and Ms. Moneybags is looking at brand spanking new.

Oh, the humanity..
Well at least you're both RV oriented. Can you imagine if she didn't want anything to do with RVing... imagine the friction there... oh the Humanity!
Old 05-14-2016, 11:54 AM   #54522
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:

Oh, the humanity..
You might want to read this thread that is slanted towards Newmar (it's on their forum). OP asked for differences between the two brands.
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 12:22 PM   #54523
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

Oh, the humanity..
Elizabeth,

DPs scare me a bit because of size and much more complicated systems. Have you read Steve's nightmare of a week trying to get Bonita back on the road? Does Mary drive your gasser now? Will she drive a DP? My understanding is they are considerably more expensive to maintain. How far and how often does she usually ride, or is that just her best argument? I know you are both very busy now. Perhaps you can convince her to wait until you are closer to retirement?

Or is Mary not the only one wanting a DP?
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 12:36 PM   #54524

Test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Hello Billy and Kris. Study for the test, give yourselves a year or to to memorize, you are from Arkansas, and then answer the questions. No cheating - so don't ask Tim or any of the others from that area as they probably have forgotten the correct answers. They do know the test questions though.

BTW, I'm the only sane one on this thread. Also, once you have been properly assigned a number, you will be given an alternative means of communications. It is that means that you must ask me for my theme song. Everyone loves it, as the love me.

Hopefully a welcome will be in the short coming days, hours, or minutes. I'm sure you are smarter than the "others" from you area.
OK Tim didn't tell us there was a test. We are from Arkansas.....I can't even find the test. Where is it?
Old 05-14-2016, 01:02 PM   #54525
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyandKris View Post
OK Tim didn't tell us there was a test. We are from Arkansas.....I can't even find the test. Where is it?

Lol.... Come on Arkie... You can git er dun.... Tim is a good pill pusher but maybe not so good a teacher,,,,

Btw, i am arkie 2..

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 02:11 PM   #54526

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Elizabeth,

DPs scare me a bit because of size and much more complicated systems. Have you read Steve's nightmare of a week trying to get Bonita back on the road? Does Mary drive your gasser now? Will she drive a DP? My understanding is they are considerably more expensive to maintain. How far and how often does she usually ride, or is that just her best argument? I know you are both very busy now. Perhaps you can convince her to wait until you are closer to retirement?

You know I love ya Barb, but.... the DP isn't the problem here. It's the people working on it. I hope you never have a mechanical issue, but I will bet there are as many incompetent people working on gassers as there are diesels. In fact I met several in my 21 years of owning a Class B. In fact - it was sometimes very difficult to find someone to do mechanical work on it at all, and it was a Ford. Too tall, can't lift it, etc. Once you're out on the road - you're at the mercy of the shops near you.

And sos ya know. It's frustrating dealing with these guys, but not a nightmare. I have friends here and in Santa Fe (where were headed now for 2 nights hotelling). And fortunately I have the wherewithal to hotel it while Bonita sits on their lot. It's a little more expensive than a FHU site but nothing the budget can't handle. And we're having fun. We don't really have to be anywhere except PEI by Aug 1st...

There are only nightmares if you let them in. And afterall, the journey is the destination. All part of the journey.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:24 PM   #54527

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Elizabeth,

Mary flat out refuses to drive any MH. She also won't drive a car on the interstate, but I like driving and do all of it. I have also been camping solo some this year, as Mary is on call every other weekend and we had made reservations for every weekend April through October back in January. Driving bigger doesn't bother me - I'm EVOC certified for fire trucks. The CDL instructor at the local community college said he'd get me through learning what I need to know.

We would like a quieter ride, more stability and a longer coach. DPs are costly to maintain, but also last longer. I'm a year older tomorrow, so retirement is getting closer. If we set up a satellite internet system Mary could work on the road. We did do a maintenance, repairs, taxes, insurance and mortgage amount spreadsheet. All that said, though, Mary usually gets what she wants! We have an appointment next weekend with the Newmar dealer...
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:32 PM   #54528

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
...We have an appointment next weekend with the Newmar dealer...
:agree:

But then again...I'm prejudice.
Old 05-14-2016, 04:05 PM   #54529
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Happy Birthday tomorrow Elizabeth from one Taurus to another! They say that stubbornness is an inherent quality for us. I resemble that remark, how's about you?

Good hunting
Old 05-14-2016, 04:19 PM   #54530
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyandKris View Post
You've already passed the first half of the test by stating your 5er doesn't have a full front cap and you don't miss it. The second part of the test is the easiest -- just hold up your right hand and state to the members of this forum that "The Journey is the destination."