Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #533

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
RVM Words to ponder....

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move."
Robert Louis Stevenson

Sounds to me like RLS may well have been a RVM too. When the journey is the destination, you're dissappointed.
I've been across the U.S., and back probably 5 times, or more. I didn't camp my way though:(. I always said I would go back across, and then I would actually "see" America, not just point A to point B

I'm going to take photos of all I see, and meet people. There is nothing better then sitting around a campfire and yackin with nice peeps Even if they do weird hand-shakes, and wear dark eye-shadow

Denise
nwcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #534

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I just thought I should let you in on a little secret. Sena, the designated RVM mascot is a mutant in her own right, not just by association with RVM 18.

Example: I have been fussing at Sena for drinking out of the dog's water bowl. She has no fewer than 3 sippecups scattered thru the house, but she prefers Lily's water for some reason.

Mind you that she doesn't lap water like a dog, she picks the bowl up, drinking as if it was a cup. Monkeys are much smarter than dogs and have hands that give them a great advantage over their canine companions. Unfortunately, the bowl is large and heavy and she gets fussed at for spilling as well as depleting the dog's supply, when Lily cannot drink Sena's water.

Over the last 2 weeks, I noticed no more spilled dog water, but the bowl seemed to be empty more often. Considering that the daytime temps are higher, I wasn't too concerned. Oddly, tho, I have been finding straws on the floor, not far from the dog bowl, but figured that Sena had dropped them after playing with them.

Today, I finally caught her in the act! Sena has been taking straws to the dog's water bowl and sipping away. Straw drinking is a talent she learned as a baby, but using the straw to sneak water from Lily's bowl is a true mutation from typical non-human primate behavior.

I now concede! Tomorrow we head to Petco for a larger dog bowl, perhaps even one of those self-replenishing types with a gallon jug attached.

Mutants can not be defeated.
LOLLLLLLL!! I finally got to read more threads today OK, and this was so great! What a total hoot! You are blessed for sure Denise PS and a good writer too
Old 05-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #535

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
A thought to ponder often leads to more pondering.

"The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see."
Gilbert K. Chesterton

You don't need to be full time to be a traveler. In making the journey the destination, the RVM sees. Some folks are tourists even in their home town. The RVM is a traveler on all of life's roads. Anyone can be a tourist. Not everyone can be an RVM.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #536

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
We don't have to be anywhere until the Boom Days festival in Leadville CO on Aug 2,3, & 4.
If you are going to be in Colorado in August... I suggest that you make your way to copper mountain the next weekend for Guitar Town. Three whole days of free music August 9,10,11.

Guitar Town legends play for free at Copper Mountain Colorado

I've been trying to get there for 4 years... but it doesn't look like we'll make it there this year either.
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #537

Quote:
A thought to ponder often leads to more pondering.

"The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see."
Gilbert K. Chesterton

You don't need to be full time to be a traveler. In making the journey the destination, the RVM sees. Some folks are tourists even in their home town. The RVM is a traveler on all of life's roads. Anyone can be a tourist. Not everyone can be an RVM.
Well, RVM2, you have done it again.

When I have a ponderance, I make words about it.

But you do not make words, but fine prose of a ponderance, you sick, twisted, gifted, Mutant!

RVM1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #538

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven

But you do not make words, but fine prose of a ponderance, you sick, twisted, gifted, Mutant!

RVM1
Thanks RVM1 - An old Buddhist Saying: He who knows, doesn't say. He who says, doesn't know.

RVM1 spoke the first words of the RVM philosophy. Others may make more of it or less, and in pursuit of the journey, should.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #539

Quote:
Barb- As long as Sena doesn't start licking salt - sipping tequila and biting limes, I think you're ok.

RVM2
That could generate a "high"sign!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #540

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post

RVM1
LOLLLLLLL!! Now there's 3 descriptions you don't see together often, sick, twisted and gifted!!
Old 05-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #541

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountry

LOLLLLLLL!! Now there's 3 descriptions you don't see together often, sick, twisted and gifted!!
Ever watch Monk back in the day. It's a gift. And a curse.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #542

It's still on re-runs. Don't watch it, though.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #543

Quote:
Ever watch Monk back in the day. It's a gift. And a curse.
Yes, I still watch him now and again
Old 05-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #544

So can we RVmutants talk about things we can't live without? I guess I'll find out 'cause here are two of mine:

Old 05-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #545

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountry
So can we RVmutants talk about things we can't live without? I guess I'll find out 'cause here are two of mine:

http://www.surfersam.com/funny-pictures/brush.jpg
Two words. Of course.
RVM2
Old 05-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #546

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
RVM Shameless Promotion
Think you might be an RVM. Wonder what it's all about?

Do you have a beloved RV that doesn't have a thing or two but ya don't miss it cause ya don't need it. Is the journey your destination? If so, tell us about it and join the RV Mutant family. Next number up is RVM28. You know you want it!

RVM Roster
RVM1 Campdaven
RVM2 flaggship1
RVM3 jdoc
RVM4 4kids
RVM5 Papato5
RVM6 Big Oil Guy
RVM7 Happy Prospector
RVM8 Shadowcatche
RVM9 SylviaCub
RVM10 Dick Noble
RVM11 Woodburner
RVM12 dogpatch
RVM13 Davedeb1
RVM14 Wayne M
RVM15 Selah
RVM16 msbarth
RVM17 KSCRUDE
RVM18 okmunky / RVM Mascot Sena
RVM19 Toyduck
RVM20 Oldme
RVM21 Alan24601
RVM22 Sky_Boss
RVM23 Dunner
RVM24 bdickson
RVM25 nwcountry
RVM26 mekanic
RVM27 TEFFY
RVM28 Could this be you?

RVM Muse
“Thanks to the interstate highway system, it is now possible to travel from coast to coast without seeing anything.”
– Charles Kuralt -

Charles Kuralt with his On the Road program was an RVM trailblazer. According to Wiki "Kuralt hit the road in a motor home (he wore out six before he was through) with a small crew and avoided the interstates in favor of the nation's back roads in search of America's people and their doings." He was a journeyer - a seer. A true RVM.
RVM2
Steve and Annie