Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2016, 09:18 PM   #54601

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
My oldest son graduated... again... today... his second Bachelor's degree... This time in programming wizardry. Suma Cum Laude! Buttons popping... that's baby Peace Lynnae's daddy.
Great job... all of youse!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2016, 09:20 PM   #54602

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
OK I finally got back on. I got a new phone and couldn't get on. Please pray for Shara and her mother. They have Gave her 30 days to 6 months to live. Please don't call Shara right now she is spending this time helping her mom. Her mom has been sent home and Shara is taking care of her.
Prayers for sure, Dwayne -- for all 3 of you. I know it's hard on you as well. We all hurt with you. Ohmms, my friend, many ohmms. It's good to hear from you again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 09:22 PM   #54603

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Marty my sons, following in my footsteps all graduated with great honor titles as well. Suma R Latter. We're all proud.
Seriously congrats to your family!
Here. Here!
https://youtu.be/2cnCEvGrj3M
Old 05-15-2016, 09:28 PM   #54604

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Sounds like Bonita Bounder needs her very own dream catcher to let the nightmares drift away and filter the good ones on down to her soul!
Bonita is actually fixed... so they say. But when we went to get her yesterday they said Good Sam was closed and we'd have to pay their $2,000 share of the bill. I told them no thanks. Let's get together with the GM Monday morning.

I could have paid it - it once I left and they had my money who's to say they would ever file the claim.

Abq FL will either cooperate tomorrow or I'm changing my zip code and staying here until I own the the place. Oops... sounds negative but actually not. We have had a great time visiting friends and so on!

I fired her up yesterday and no lights, bells, buzzers or bells. Hopefully we roll to Raton tomorrow and Pueblo the next day. Life is grand!
Old 05-15-2016, 09:29 PM   #54605

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
OK I finally got back on. I got a new phone and couldn't get on. Please pray for Shara and her mother. They have Gave her 30 days to 6 months to live. Please don't call Shara right now she is spending this time helping her mom. Her mom has been sent home and Shara is taking care of her.
Omms brother! And big hugs to all ya'all.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:30 PM   #54606

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
At the Grand Canyon...
Soooo awesome! And the canyon is OK too!
Old 05-15-2016, 09:33 PM   #54607

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Prayers for sure, Dwayne -- for all 3 of you. I know it's hard on you as well. We all hurt with you. Ohmms, my friend, many ohmms. It's good to hear from you again.
X2+ for you Dwayne, Shara and her mom...
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 09:36 PM   #54608

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
On the subject of buying a new vs used RV -- I bought new because I needed the security of a full warranty. I knew nothing about a motorhome when I decided that I wanted to retire into one. I picked up our home on March 14, 2011 and struck out on this great adventure May 18, 2011.

I'm aware that my simple unit is only about 1/3 as complex as a DP, but the only thing that could have been covered under the warranty is a microwave door that doesn't pop open. I just got used to using 2 hands to open it. And! Sena can't get inside.

If I had known more about how RVs are made I probably would have invested in a higher quality unit at the beginning. It's not been a bad ride. I've had to replace the cooling unit in my Dometic frig and the converter died on me. Other than the rooftop stuff damaged by hail at GC1.2, all my other RV purchases have been either minor or wants, not needs.

I opted out of buying an extended warranty and am I ever glad I did. It would have been wasted money. I do carry Coach-Net roadside assistance. They cover my stupidity -- locking myself out and almost backing over a cliff.

I can thank Dwayne, Possum, Handy Bob and numerous others friends for helping me do repairs and teaching me how to fix things myself. Camping World ain't gonna charge me $110/hour to have a $20/hour kid work on my home.

I get my oil changed at Jiffy Lube for less than $70 every 5,000 miles and Michelin was kind enough to recall my original tires so I have another 3.5 years before I need to worry about replacing the full set.

I never made a lot of money so I never hired an investment counselor. I am thankful that my father did invest wisely and left me a small nest egg. He taught me not to spend money I didn't have. I paid cash for my RV and toad from the little money I saved during my 40 years of employment. I'm proudly debt free other than what I've charged this month on 2 rewards based credit cards that get paid off every month.

So what's my point? You don't have to be wealthy or have saved a ton of money to become a full time RV traveler. You just need to scale your wants to your means and spend wisely along the journey. After all -- The Journey IS the Destination.
Barb... it's important to note that I am not rich or even well off. Which is why planning for retirement and the future is so important. That is my point. Not that anyone needs to be rich to full time. But once you retire, and fixed income hits, it's better to have more $ than less. Come to think of it, it's always better to have more $. It's not a value judgement. It's just a fact. Money doesn't buy happiness, but it does buy everything else.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:44 PM   #54609

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
You and Peace have much to be proud of -- but did he graduate from Harry Potter U? I thought they had the only wizardry programs in the world. oh and congrats to peace's Mom, too. I'm betting she got to suffer for the cause as well.
He quit the job he'd had for several years of helping homeless people through one of the local hospitals from their outreach centers in the areas most of them congregate about the time Robbie was being thought about, and so he stayed home and was the house spouse and took classes for Computer programming while Rebecca continued at work and took a maternity leave and then went back. He basically did the 'raising of the little ones' for Robbie and Peace's whole lives and he starts a 9-5 job a week from Monday.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:47 PM   #54610

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Hospice is very helpful for family helping their loved ones at home... They help you understand the process and how to help them live as fully as they can in the time they have left. My mom was a hospice nurse for a part of her life.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:50 PM   #54611

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Hospice is very helpful for family helping their loved ones at home... They help you understand the process and how to help them live as fully as they can in the time they have left. My mom was a hospice nurse for a part of her life.
Mel and Kate... they're playing your song.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:53 PM   #54612

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Thoughts and prayers for Shara's Mom, Shara and you Dwayne.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:54 PM   #54613

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post

Welcome Billy and Kris, so glad that studying paid off in aces! Sure hope to meet you two, that might help expand my socialization skills with Arkie's and I might be able to communicate with Tim one day
Carl wouldn't be gettin' y'all's hopes up too high on that communin' with Tim. Less y'all wants to take that course in Area 51.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:57 PM   #54614

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Happy Birthday, Elizabeth... and you too Barb! Bob's is this month, but he is a Gemini.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Elizabeth!! Hope your special day was wonderful!.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Barb!! Hope your special day is wonderful!