Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2013, 10:53 AM   #5475

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Took a nice long jorney yesterday in The Discovery. Felt good to get behind the wheel, crank her up, air the bags, retract the levelars. Pulled forward a good 40 to 45 feet so I could drain fresh water tank and water heater and blew out the lines. Does anyone here in the south, add anything to their disel fuel tank when parking for the winter? I plan on topping off tank, just waiting on prices to drop some more.
Great question Tim ...we are still newbies at this so this is our first winter in Jenny. Wayne what say you? You have been doin this since the Dead Sea was still alive!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #5476

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb

Great question Tim ...we are still newbies at this so this is our first winter in Jenny. Wayne what say you? You have been doin this since the Dead Sea was still alive!
Wayne pumps Marshmallow Cream Vodka into his coach - pours a glass of orange juice on the rocks and turns on the tap.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #5477

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
I don't have 2 cents to rub together so it'll never work for me.
Me neither. I am happy the government took it out of circulation. Although a young lady from Victoria has done penny drives and raised over a million dollars for the Children's variety Charity and enough money to build Jenese Place in Victoria. For a very sick child-teen-young lady she has managed a lot of great accomplishments. http://www.rwglobal.com/~jeneece/index.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Two too many sani dumps in the wilderness of Jordan?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:07 PM   #5478

vidaleya ( no shore on spelling) onions are the best. from GA.

and if you coach will sit all winter put some howles in it if its a diesel and staibil if its gas.

Getting deep freezer next week so we can stock up on wild game.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:52 PM   #5479

Vintage RV Owners Club
vidalia is the correct spelling... Master gardener here... couldn't let that pass.
And the vowel sounds are all short I believe if you are from the north or east and long if from the south or west...LOL! (except for the second i)
Old 10-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #5480

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
vidaleya ( no shore on spelling) onions are the best. from GA.

and if you coach will sit all winter put some howles in it if its a diesel and staibil if its gas.

Getting deep freezer next week so we can stock up on wild game.
Howles, diesel fuel treatment? Haven't seen it before. Where you get it, didNt see it at WM will check in NAPA next. Was considering Kleen product for water removal on diesel tanks.

Vidaleya, gotem,bringem I like them too.

Will all you Texans please quit sending all this rain up this way? Just asking!
Old 10-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #5481

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Vi-day-lee-ya (phonetically) bet you didn't know that this dumb cluck even knew a word like that. Lol
Old 10-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #5482

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Howles, diesel fuel treatment? Haven't seen it before. Where you get it, didNt see it at WM will check in NAPA next. Was considering Kleen product for water removal on diesel tanks. Vidaleya, gotem,bringem I like them too. Will all you Texans please quit sending all this rain up this way? Just asking!

Tim... Mysery loves company..... We are about to float away this evening if the forecast is correct. Besides you need that rain so when the first hard freeze starts the changing of the colors Barb and I can come see. Is been a few years since you had a pretty color change.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #5483

Quote:
Howles, diesel fuel treatment? Haven't seen it before. Where you get it, didNt see it at WM will check in NAPA next. Was considering Kleen product for water removal on diesel tanks.

Vidaleya, gotem,bringem I like them too.

Will all you Texans please quit sending all this rain up this way? Just asking!

send it back we need it. heres a link to howes
Howes Lubricator

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #5484

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Tim... Mysery loves company..... We are about to float away this evening if the forecast is correct. Besides you need that rain so when the first hard freeze starts the changing of the colors Barb and I can come see. Is been a few years since you had a pretty color change.
Color change is on, they are predicting optimal viewing in central part of state by last week of Oct. or first week Nov.

You should see the view from one of my deer stands. It sets on the highest point on lease, of course all the pine groves are green but you can see the hardwoods that they leave along creeks and bottoms, and they are beautiful

Now you want to come up since I drained all my tanks. Lol Well let me know, if we don't camp we can at least visit!
Old 10-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #5485
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Took a nice long jorney yesterday in The Discovery. Felt good to get behind the wheel, crank her up, air the bags, retract the levelars.

Pulled forward a good 40 to 45 feet so I could drain fresh water tank and water heater and blew out the lines.

Does anyone here in the south, add anything to their disel fuel tank when parking for the winter?

I plan on topping off tank, just waiting on prices to drop some more.
I have never added any thing to the diesel fuel, but our winters are milde with a low in the high teens or low 20's for a night or maybe two, and the daytime warms up to the high 50's to low to mid 70's. I never felt the need to do it. I do get out about every 6 weeks and take it for a 20 or so mile spin.

I do as you did for winterizing. I'll blow out the pipes with 30# of compressed air, then add a little pink stuff to the drain traps. I do have to admit that a few years I never added anything to the drain traps. All of the holding tanks are drained. It takes no time at all to put in 1/3 tank fresh and 5-8 gallons in the black for traveling.

Quote:
Ya'll have it a little colder up there so it may be a wiser decisions to add a fuel stabilizer. Method of choice for winterizing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Wayne pumps Marshmallow Cream Vodka into his coach - pours a glass of orange juice on the rocks and turns on the tap.
It's either that or Malt Scotch. A man has to do what a man has to do.

Quote:
Vi-day-lee-ya (phonetically) bet you didn't know that this dumb cluck even knew a word like that. Lol
I doubt anyone will be bringing Vidalia onions as they are out-of season until around the end of May, first part of June. Could be someone from GA has a foot up on a pre-season crop.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #5486

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wayne - I did see one of the bootlegger shows on History Channel where the guy loaded white lightening into his freshwater tank and delivered to customers on his route.

On another note - the winters here are unpredictable - but we do usually warm up during the day too. Sometimes not. Last - I drained lines and emptied tanks early. Disconnected both sides of line to ice maker - and put pink stuff in both holding tanks with 5 gallons water and filled traps. HWH drained and bypass flipped. May go full route this year. There were no problems but occasionally we get hammered and this may be the next one. Another good reason to go south my friends.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:13 PM   #5487

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Color change is on, they are predicting optimal viewing in central part of state by last week of Oct. or first week Nov. You should see the view from one of my deer stands. It sets on the highest point on lease, of course all the pine groves are green but you can see the hardwoods that they leave along creeks and bottoms, and they are beautiful Now you want to come up since I drained all my tanks. Lol Well let me know, if we don't camp we can at least visit!
We always go up to Queen Wilhomena Lodge and campground for Thanksgiving bou I think we may go up early to see the fall colors. One of many things we love about your state. We don't get that here in the Lone Star.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #5488

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb

We always go up to Queen Wilhomena Lodge and campground for Thanksgiving bou I think we may go up early to see the fall colors. One of many things we love about your state. We don't get that here in the Lone Star.
When we were at Lost Maples near Kerrville at end of Sept I wasn't sure if there would be much color this year sue to lack of rain. Well looks like they're getting some change and more on the way.
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-pa...oliage-reports