Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-06-2016, 06:54 PM   #55567
Senior Member
 
Possum's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cherry Creek, BC Canada
Posts: 7,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Not enough outings when w&@king, fer sher!
After WWII, PA had extra funds to use or lose, so they paved every road in the state. Literally!
We now explore more of them within 90 minutes (each way) in all directions. All slow cruising. Pure enjoyment!
Red goes willingly but we can tell he prefers dust.


Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
Have you ever traveled the roads in and around Orbisonia and Rockhill Furnace; better known as the EBT headquarters? Beautiful run from Rockhill to Robertsdale on 994 (Pogue Creek Rd) through Three Springs, Saltilo (small side road trip) Robertsdale. hell of a lot of gret little villages in that neck of the woods and almost all have some sort of restaurant serving up some sort of savoury meal. I think I've just convinced myself to head back over that way in the next year or two.
__________________

__________________
Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2016, 07:30 PM   #55568
RVM1
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 12,868
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Have you ever traveled the roads in and around Orbisonia and Rockhill Furnace; better known as the EBT headquarters? Beautiful run from Rockhill to Robertsdale on 994 (Pogue Creek Rd) through Three Springs, Saltilo (small side road trip) Robertsdale. hell of a lot of gret little villages in that neck of the woods and almost all have some sort of restaurant serving up some sort of savoury meal. I think I've just convinced myself to head back over that way in the next year or two.

Well waddayaknow! Thanks Dennis. It is an area NW of Chambersburg where we HAVE NOT BEEN. And we will make is happen tomorrow!!!!
Will report.


Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
__________________

__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:32 PM   #55569
Senior Member
 
Papawto5's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
All in favor of a beige party?
And speaking of the buttons you and I popped, tshirts are necessary, Steve! Any scouts eyeing your GS?


Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
Not yet. Having turned just 9 years of age, the scouts are waiting until his folks allow him to cross the street without them and wants him to be able to tie his shoes properly at least 5 times in a row.

He is a student of situational basebase. He has always (well for at least for 4 years) wanted to know what to do when the ball came to him. His patience wears thin when others don't have a clue what to do with the ball.

Most game days he's in his uniform by noon for a 5:00 game. You will find him out in the yard throwing pop flys up in the air to himself.
__________________
2011 Coachmen SportsCoach
Living Our Dream One Mile at a Time
Steve & Mary Ann (RVM5 & 5A)
Papawto5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:42 PM   #55570
RVM1
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 12,868
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Not yet. Having turned just 9 years of age, the scouts are waiting until his folks allow him to cross the street without them and wants him to be able to tie his shoes properly at least 5 times in a row.



He is a student of situational basebase. He has always (well for at least for 4 years) wanted to know what to do when the ball came to him. His patience wears thin when others don't have a clue what to do with the ball.



Most game days he's in his uniform by noon for a 5:00 game. You will find him out in the yard throwing pop flys up in the air to himself.

Sounds like me at that age, Steve. But I couldn't hit .200 and threw poorly. However, I never failed to sneak into a Twins home game. It was only 5 blocks from home!
Please keep us updated!


Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:05 PM   #55571
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZCRUDE View Post
Been traveling all day. Finally home in Vegas. Nothing exciting to report, except that it's very hot

Colleen, traveling with Don (KSCrude RVM#17) & Mr. Malone
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
I see a lunch at the M in your future!
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:50 PM   #55572
Senior Member
 
MZCRUDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I see a lunch at the M in your future!

Dinner on Thursday after my mani pedi!


MzCrude RVM17A, traveling with Don RVM17, Mr. Malone RVM17B & Spooky RVM17C
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
__________________
Colleen RMV 17A
traveling with Don (KSCRUDE) & Mr. Malone
Survivors, Great Hailstorm of 2015, GCCL 1.2 redux
MZCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:57 PM   #55573
Senior Member
 
MZCRUDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 259
R U an RV Mutant too?

For those so inclined, the movie our son Kevin Payton was in is available for rent on Amazon. It's called Halleluia: The Devil's Carnival.

Warning, it is NOT PC and is truly strange. Remember, it's only a movie & meant to simply be entertainment.The story line is that the devil is starting a war with God by sending condemned souls back to Heaven via train.

Some quite funny aspects: Paul Sorvino is God, other cast members include David Hasselhoff, Tech N9ne (a rapper, this is the first time he sang. He's the librarian), Adam Pascall (Rent--he's God's #1, his lap dog), Ted Nealy (Jesus Christ Super star--he's the one with the horn in his ear), Barry Bostwick (remember him from Rocky Horror? He's the old dude with the cigarette & the camera).

Kevin is one of the Glad Hands--the guys wearing red kilts & black shirts (not the one in the jacket) seen mostly in the library, but also in the stage area behind the camera. He's the one with the man bun.

The photo is Us with the Darren the director (who directed the first two Saw movies) , Terrence (who wrote the movie, co-wrote the music & stars as the devil), and Chantal Claret & Jimmy Urine (who were the Translators). We met them all at the VEGAS premiere.....as Kevin's mom I got big hugs from them all. They love Kevin!

Rent? Enjoy! I think it's quite amusing.......Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1465264398.570301.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	290.5 KB
ID:	129412


MzCrude RVM17A, traveling with Don RVM17, Mr. Malone RVM17B & Spooky RVM17C
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
__________________
Colleen RMV 17A
traveling with Don (KSCRUDE) & Mr. Malone
Survivors, Great Hailstorm of 2015, GCCL 1.2 redux
MZCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:16 PM   #55574
Senior Member
 
daveandcarol's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 185
Hey Dwayne

I saw where you are planning to paint the outside of your bus.

Flames? Scallops? Woodgrain panels like an old station wagon?

(Hey, just stirring things up, it's quiet here.)
__________________
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
On the Go - Finally..
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:23 PM   #55575
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
I saw where you are planning to paint the outside of your bus.

Flames? Scallops? Woodgrain panels like an old station wagon?

(Hey, just stirring things up, it's quiet here.)
Knowing Dwayne, it will be new pennylike...
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:28 PM   #55576
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,638
Uh oh... gonna get warm. Currently a plesant 71 degrees.

Shareboard anyone?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1465266258084.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	129415   Click image for larger version

Name:	1465266487394.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	129416  

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:38 PM   #55577
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Not yet. Having turned just 9 years of age, the scouts are waiting until his folks allow him to cross the street without them and wants him to be able to tie his shoes properly at least 5 times in a row.

He is a student of situational basebase. He has always (well for at least for 4 years) wanted to know what to do when the ball came to him. His patience wears thin when others don't have a clue what to do with the ball.

Most game days he's in his uniform by noon for a 5:00 game. You will find him out in the yard throwing pop flys up in the air to himself.
Just got home from 6yo GS ball game. Speaking of boys not knowing what to do with the ball! At least they have all stopped running after the ball at the same time. There is no doubt the other boys are holding my GS back! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZCRUDE View Post
For those so inclined, the movie our son Kevin Payton was in is available for rent on Amazon. It's called Halleluia: The Devil's Carnival.

Warning, it is NOT PC and is truly strange. Remember, it's only a movie & meant to simply be entertainment.The story line is that the devil is starting a war with God by sending condemned souls back to Heaven via train.

Some quite funny aspects: Paul Sorvino is God, other cast members include David Hasselhoff, Tech N9ne (a rapper, this is the first time he sang. He's the librarian), Adam Pascall (Rent--he's God's #1, his lap dog), Ted Nealy (Jesus Christ Super star--he's the one with the horn in his ear), Barry Bostwick (remember him from Rocky Horror? He's the old dude with the cigarette & the camera).

Kevin is one of the Glad Hands--the guys wearing red kilts & black shirts (not the one in the jacket) seen mostly in the library, but also in the stage area behind the camera. He's the one with the man bun.

The photo is Us with the Darren the director (who directed the first two Saw movies) , Terrence (who wrote the movie, co-wrote the music & stars as the devil), and Chantal Claret & Jimmy Urine (who were the Translators). We met them all at the VEGAS premiere.....as Kevin's mom I got big hugs from them all. They love Kevin!

Rent? Enjoy! I think it's quite amusing.......Attachment 129412


MzCrude RVM17A, traveling with Don RVM17, Mr. Malone RVM17B & Spooky RVM17C
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Oh that's a movie, I thought you was describing a Grand Curiosity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
I saw where you are planning to paint the outside of your bus.

Flames? Scallops? Woodgrain panels like an old station wagon?

(Hey, just stirring things up, it's quiet here.)
YES, wood grain like an old Woody! Big surf board up on top! Groovy man!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:41 PM   #55578
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Uh oh... gonna get warm. Currently a plesant 71 degrees.

Shareboard anyone?
I'll take "Foolish Questions for 100 Alex"
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:52 PM   #55579
Senior Member
 
Davdeb1's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Avon Lake, Oh
Posts: 2,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Uh oh... gonna get warm. Currently a plesant 71 degrees.

Shareboard anyone?
Gonna get wet here!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1465267926661.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	129418  
__________________
2000 HOLIDAY RAMBLER ENDEAVOR
40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:44 PM   #55580
Senior Member
 
MZCRUDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 259
]



[COLOR="blue"]Oh that's a movie, I thought you was describing a Grand Curiosity!:

Most of which should be movies also. Lol


Colleen, traveling with Don (KSCrude RVM#17) & Mr. Malone
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
__________________

__________________
Colleen RMV 17A
traveling with Don (KSCRUDE) & Mr. Malone
Survivors, Great Hailstorm of 2015, GCCL 1.2 redux
MZCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 16 (4 members and 12 guests)
bokobird, MartySQ, Papawto5, Sara Sue
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.