Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2016, 11:40 PM   #55595

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
It's amazing it's been so long but I often wonder just how many veterans that experienced that are still alive...
Carl, Congrats on the milestone with this post ^^^.....#55555 !

I think it deserves the recognition.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2016, 05:04 AM   #55596

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Carl, Congrats on the milestone with this post ^^^.....#55555 !

I think it deserves the recognition.
Thanks Ken, I tried for 55k, but Barb beat me to it. All 5's is even better when I saw that opportunity
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:05 AM   #55597

89 to 191 is fine now if you get on 89 South of smoot we will cross the south end pass. It's not that bad I've done it every time I go there. In my gassers. Also if you stop in Afton on the south end of town there is a camp ground called the wagon wheel. It's not big or fancy but the people are great. If you need any services there to your toad or coach on the North end of town there is a shop called miles performance best tech I know and fair prices. If you stay overnight there go to intermittent springs all the locals can tell you how to get there. It's the water fall that gives the town it's water. Very beautiful. P.s there is a camp ground in hoeback junction don't stop there. Very bad place.
If you're going by the Tetons before you get to the Jackson airport there is a road right after a small bridge that goes to the right if you take that road it's just a loop but the bison hang out on it cool to see. And the Tetons are very beautiful. On this trip watch out for wild animals and cows if you hit one you will be fined. For it is free range. Very beautiful drive good choice.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:14 AM   #55598

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dwayne. What's your plan for numbness? Don't make us worry about you.
-------
On a related note:
Since we're only beginning our 20th month full time, we have a lot to learn, but I have learned one thing at least...

Since we call our own shots - where we go, when we go, what we do, where we stay, etc. - it's easy to get a little anxious or uptight when things slow us down to the "real world pace". Like hospital time, getting doctor appts, mechanical repairs and on and on.

For instance - my appointment with the ENT is now set for Monday the 13th. They tried to set me up for the 20th. I asked if sooner was available and shaved a week off by explaining our plan to be in PEI August 1st.

The doc sees patients on Monday and Wednesdays and is in surgery Tue, Thur, Friday. So he calls his own shots too. We need to keep that in mind when dealing with others, especially the medical profession. They have schedules to keep and many people to see. As patients, we need to patient, flexible and understanding of their time.

By walking out on them you / we - reduce their workload and while I'm sure they would rather have you there, by leaving you become one less guy to deal with. They move on.

I am planning our way to PEI now but realize it may not work out. My choices are
1. Have the surgery now.
2. Have it later.

Not much of a choice.

There is no getting around the need for surgery. When I asked about wait time between initial visit and surgery I was told it depends on 2 things.

1. How long it takes for insurance to approve it.
2. Availability of surgeon - his schedule.

When I asked about recovery time I was told it varies, but the goal is to release me with a sustainable fix and lifetime of comfortable breathing.

All of the above is completely out of my control. As much as I would like to head to PEI tomorrow, I can't. I've got to FIX me, before I can entertain me. It's the grown up thing do.

So tick tock. Keep planning the route. Go forward with planning and adjust with the circumstances. We will either
1. Make PEI Aug 1st or
2. We won't.

If we miss PEI we might well make St. Andrews and definitely make Maine.

We have plans to visit DaveDeb1 in Ohio and Paul and Chris in NH along the way and it's all good! In fact it will be much better cause I will be able to breathe!

Mind and Body come first. No matter where you're going or what you're doing, without your health, you're nowhere.

To All Mutants everywhere - take care of yourselves and your health. It's one thing to be sidelined temporarily for a health fix, quite another to be taken out of the game.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:31 AM   #55599

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So here's the plan.. working on parks now.

Goodfield to Indianapolis
193 Miles 3H 13M
3 Nights Papaw Steve and Mary Ann / Ed and Jackie

Indianapolis to Columbus
187 Miles 3H 14M
1 Night

Columbus to Cleveland
151 Miles 2H 57M
3 Nights Dave and Deb

Cleveland to Jamestown NY
144 Miles 2H 21M
1 Night

Jamestown to Elmira
159 Miles 3H 5M
1 Night

Elmira to Albany
193 Miles 3H 15M
2 Nights

Albany to Seven Maples
Hancock NH Paul and Chris
145 Miles 3H OM
7 nights

Seven Maples to PEI
635 Miles 10H 45M

PEI to Saint Andrews*
259 Miles 4H 25M

St. Andrews to Trenton Me
122 Miles 2H 31M
----------

Indianapolis to PEI
1,591 Miles 27H 11M

Indianapolis to Hartford NH to PEI
1,628 Miles 29H 3M

I would like to spend a week or more in every place on the list. But the sinus thing and engine repairs have slowed us down. 12 days of repairs and probably 3 weeks with the surgery.

Some would say - well why go. There's always next year. I say - I've never been there so this is my pre-drive / visit so when next time comes, I will know the way lol.

Seeing Steve, Mary Ann, Ed, Jackie, Dave, Deb, Paul, Chris, and possibly PEI, St. Andrews and the curiosity in Maine - it's all good. I just have to take it as it comes, as do we all.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:35 AM   #55600

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

. . . .

Mind and Body come first. No matter where you're going or what you're doing, without your health, you're nowhere.

To All Mutants everywhere - take care of yourselves and your health. It's one thing to be sidelined temporarily for a health fix, quite another to be taken out of the game.
U Got that RIGHT !!!!

Many Ohmmmsss for you, doctors, nurses & Especially DW (Annie)

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:16 PM   #55601

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
U Got that RIGHT !!!!

Many Ohmmmsss for you, doctors, nurses & Especially DW (Annie)
Thanks Richard! How's your Ann doing?
Old 06-08-2016, 02:28 PM   #55602

Thanks Steve but I look at it alot different. The way I see it I pay big money for good service. If I don't get Good service I leave and they will not be paid. And for every minute your in that bed your bill goes up. So the way I look at it is you don't have time for me I don't have time for you. You work for me and anyone I'm paying works for me. And I expect service with a smile.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 02:43 PM   #55603

4 years ago....
This was the moment of total freedom
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1465418574.297281.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	293.6 KB
ID:	129568

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:14 PM   #55604

Quote:
Thanks Richard! How's your Ann doing?
She has regular follow up visits with Dr & new meds (from GI Dr) tried.. Maybe helping, BUT - Add a new rash on legs she is returning to check.. Meds or ?...

Overall, she is tired of being down, but a tough ol bird...

Thanks for checking...

C U in N.B. Canada & Maine... She is going to travel regardless...

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:15 PM   #55605

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
4 years ago....
This was the moment of total freedom
Attachment 129568

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
Nice...hoping to get there myself...
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 04:51 PM   #55606

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Thanks Steve but I look at it alot different. The way I see it I pay big money for good service. If I don't get Good service I leave and they will not be paid. And for every minute your in that bed your bill goes up. So the way I look at it is you don't have time for me I don't have time for you. You work for me and anyone I'm paying works for me. And I expect service with a smile.
With all my heart I hope you don't die.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:41 PM   #55607

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Quote:
With all my heart I hope you don't die.
Well I hope you don't die too. It's going to be very disappointing when the folks at the funeral home, which you, or your estate, will pay and none of them smile through the whole service!
Old 06-08-2016, 06:54 PM   #55608

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
She has regular follow up visits with Dr & new meds (from GI Dr) tried.. Maybe helping, BUT - Add a new rash on legs she is returning to check.. Meds or ?...

Overall, she is tired of being down, but a tough ol bird...

Thanks for checking...

C U in N.B. Canada & Maine... She is going to travel regardless...
Well... if I can get out of here with my head on straight I will make PEI... if you notice my drive times and stops, I could make a little better time. I'm just not going to marathon it like I'm on vacation. Got to maintain my sanity.

Just keep fingers crossed that I get into surgery timely and recover quickly.