Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2016, 11:18 PM   #55805
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
#13We were the 13th mutant to sign up for GCMoon and being the lucky ones we get to park in the road! Well at least a few feet of us will be in the road so anyone with a 40' or longer rig may be in trouble. She said to call and she'd try to figure something out but did say since I would be renting a portion of the road I could charge a toll for anyone passing through! Please have US coins please!

Steve keep your nose up, it'll all be over quickly! Well except for the weeks of recovery
Congrats on nabbing lucky 13 along with the primo work camping job: Troll of the Toll. And a big "thank you" for NOT requiring folding money at your roadside toll. Will you be hiding under a bridge, or right out in the open like Shrek?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2016, 11:26 PM   #55806
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
All gorgeous! Not a winter trip, I'm thinkin'. What a lovely place to park your home for a bit. Y'all are havin' way too much fun!
Ah, that we are, Sue. But then I do believe you know all about havin' way too much fun!

Old 06-12-2016, 11:32 PM   #55807
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Well, it did happen. One glorious day and a fabulous ceremony. The pictures do not do it justice. These are not in any specific order.
1 - Accepting the flag (don't remember where it was flown) and then presenting to the retiree.
2 - Honoring the family. Each receives a certificate of appreciation.
3 - Presentation of Legion of Merit and other awards.
4 - "They gave him the microphone!" He did a great job.
The pics are great! What a wonderful celebration for your whole family. Congrats x10!
Old 06-12-2016, 11:40 PM   #55808
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

RVM gals, I parked this rig in a 10' wide space with high curbs all around. The road in front of the site isn't much wider (12') and also has high curbs. You, too, can do this! Get behind the wheel of that big rig and see what you've been missing.

But dont park you coach on its side, like I did. (I give up. Night all.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0612161540a_HDR.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	399.2 KB
ID:	130058  
Old 06-12-2016, 11:44 PM   #55809

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
RVM gals, I parked this rig in a 10' wide space with high curbs all around. The road in front of the site isn't much wider (12') and also has high curbs. You, too, can do this! Get behind the wheel of that big rig and see what you've been missing.
It goes where ya point it. Lol.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:26 AM   #55810
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Y'all,

Mel finally got her coach info in her signature line!
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:03 AM   #55811
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Just a few words about the 08/2017 RVMoon GC -- if you think you might be attending, call now and reserve a spot. Laurie only requires a $30 deposit to hold your space and that is transferable. Your chance of getting that back if you need to cancel are about 99%. Your chance of getting a space after we return any unbooked sites to Laurie is ZERO. August is a busy time for Oregon RV parks.

I will be working with Laurie and the info you give her to put all you long riggers in a back corner based on your arrival and departure dates. We may need to stage a few of you outside the park for a short time, but it will all work out.
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:39 AM   #55812

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Congrats on nabbing lucky 13 along with the primo work camping job: Troll of the Toll. And a big "thank you" for NOT requiring folding money at your roadside toll. Will you be hiding under a bridge, or right out in the open like Shrek?
Any resemblance between myself and Shrek are merely consequential! You ladies making the Big Moon Rising?

I see the bad moon arising.
I see trouble on the way.
I see earthquakes and lightnin'.
I see bad times today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Hey Y'all,

Mel finally got her coach info in her signature line!

Not seeing it Barb!
Old 06-13-2016, 07:32 AM   #55813

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Detroit, thru Montreal to PEI Richard in this thread there is a link with what you can and can't bring.

Following the great M&M adventure GC what are your plans on returning to AR?
IE fast, continue touring or don't know. We may want to talk before we leave out!

Thanks for the link, very interesting.. BUT:

Are you contacting the FBI to get that criminal history certificate? May take over 60 days it said...

One suggestion, we may not want to declare that we are "Mutants".. This may raise some eyebrows...

Finally, We have NO PLANS yet to return... Ann about to change a Dr follow up Aug 25th just in case we dont "Dash" back.

However, we have a rivalry game GS plays for Glen Rose football against rival Malvern Sep 2nd, so we have to get back for that...

I think we will be "Homesick" and head back fairly quickly because we are taking our time heading to Canada...

We would love to have you give us some tips for travel & would enjoy your company on the way back... We usually "play it by ear"...

We could have a lunch or supper before you leave as a "Send Off", or just call... as in the past, I rely on you for coordination...

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:40 AM   #55814

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Thanks for the link, very interesting.. BUT:

Are you contacting the FBI to get that criminal history certificate? May take over 60 days it said...

One suggestion, we may not want to declare that we are "Mutants".. This may raise some eyebrows...

Finally, We have NO PLANS yet to return... Ann about to change a Dr follow up Aug 25th just in case we dont "Dash" back.

However, we have a rivalry game GS plays for Glen Rose football against rival Malvern Sep 2nd, so we have to get back for that...

I think we will be "Homesick" and head back fairly quickly because we are taking our time heading to Canada...

We would love to have you give us some tips for travel & would enjoy your company on the way back... We usually "play it by ear"...

We could have a lunch or supper before you leave as a "Send Off", or just call... as in the past, I rely on you for coordination...

We did want to continue touring some on the way back such as Boston but after that heading on home is what we'll be doing. New grand kid will be nearly 3 months old by then, we'll have some catching up to do! We will talk before we leave.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:54 AM   #55815

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGA2016 View Post
I believe you have to be careful with firearms, i.e. don't even think about it. You can arrange storage at a local firearms dealer this side of the border I think,depends where you cross. Pets need to be up to date on shots etc. Fresh foods maybe an issue too. Not sure about booze.
Last to times I went was through ND, they basically waived me through. Don't bank in that though.

Barry and Pat, RVM114
Thanks Barry & Pat...

Mostly got "wave through" from Mexico & Canada.. HOWEVER, years ago, traveling from the Canadian Niagara Falls area with an elderly couple in our "Non-RV Van" we did get stopped... The officer asked Marvin to slide open the rear door..

As Ann broke out in a cold sweat (at that time, Ann always had her derringer) , the officer poked his head inside, looked around & then waved us on... We think he just wanted to take a look at our ride...

Since then, we are very careful...

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:02 AM   #55816

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Just a few words about the 08/2017 RVMoon GC -- if you think you might be attending, call now and reserve a spot. Laurie only requires a $30 deposit to hold your space and that is transferable. Your chance of getting that back if you need to cancel are about 99%. Your chance of getting a space after we return any unbooked sites to Laurie is ZERO. August is a busy time for Oregon RV parks.

I will be working with Laurie and the info you give her to put all you long riggers in a back corner based on your arrival and departure dates. We may need to stage a few of you outside the park for a short time, but it will all work out.
Calling today. Thanks Barb for all your scouting.
chuckinthebus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:01 AM   #55817

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Well, it did happen. One glorious day and a fabulous ceremony. The pictures do not do it justice. These are not in any specific order.
1 - Accepting the flag (don't remember where it was flown) and then presenting to the retiree.
2 - Honoring the family. Each receives a certificate of appreciation.
3 - Presentation of Legion of Merit and other awards.
4 - "They gave him the microphone!" He did a great job.
Looking at those pictures makes me tear up a bit. I bet you were so proud of him.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:11 AM   #55818

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Just letting you know Sandee, Zeus and I are alive and well! I check the forum daily but man, it can be a chore keeping up. LOL

I've been a busy bee with lots of projects and minor fixes but it has been fun! I know more about my water tanks and sensors along with 5" vinyl fence post and sewer hose storage than I expected. July 12th we hit the road again for a grand, west coast trip that will hopefully last over a year before we get back to Champaign, IL.

Sue & Martin...we will get with you pretty soon to see when we can visit and see the new rolling house.

Dwayne...Looking good! Keep posting updates.

virginiamtns...Any news?

Steve & Annie...how goes central IL?

All the rest of you...keep on, keeping on.

« Endless Tale Game | - »