Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2016, 10:00 PM   #55931

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
And I was just looking at some of the links on the email I sent the group. Lots of things to do on PEI. If I had the legs for it I'd do the clam dig - love clam chowder, but Annie won't touch it or a eat a raw clam. Geesh.

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2016, 10:06 PM   #55932

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
And I was just looking at some of the links on the email I sent the group. Lots of things to do on PEI. If I had the legs for it I'd do the clam dig - love clam chowder, but Annie won't touch it or a eat a raw clam. Geesh.
Steve I was just talking to Dave yesterday asking about the chance of digging clams. I was going to bring my knee boots, Mary her pretty boots and I know Annie has a pair! We dig em you shuck em! How's that sound? That might last log enough to get some pictures, then we'll drive to a clam shack to eat!

Old 06-16-2016, 10:17 PM   #55933

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Steve I was just talking to Dave yesterday asking about the chance of digging clams. I was going to bring my knee boots, Mary her pretty boots and I know Annie has a pair! We dig em you shuck em! How's that sound? That might last log enough to get some pictures, then we'll drive to a clam shack to eat!
I am so with ya on that one! Lol. There's a reason we mutants have a grande time together.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:52 PM   #55934

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wayne - slide out motor on track?
Old 06-16-2016, 10:56 PM   #55935
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Wayne - slide out motor on track?
Tracking information states it will be delivered by 10:30 a.m. tomorrow. Gold Coast Mobile RV Repair called and said they left their calendar clear and will come up from San Diego as soon as it gets in. Hopefully everything will go well.

Ohhms please.

p.s., $685 parts, shipping/handling. Now I just have to pay the piper for labor.

This is about the third time I have done business with Lichtsinn RV in Forest City, IA and other than a previous mess up with shipping they have been great to work with.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:04 PM   #55936

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Tracking information states it will be delivered by 10:30 a.m. tomorrow. Gold Coast Mobile RV Repair called and said they left their calendar clear and will come up from San Diego as soon as it gets in. Hopefully everything will go well.

Ohhms please.

p.s., $685 parts, shipping/handling. Now I just have to pay the piper for labor.
You got it! Let us know how it goes. That's one we've not experienced.... yet, and can live without!

Edit. Forgot to ask... do you have an ESP...
Old 06-16-2016, 11:15 PM   #55937
RVM#87 / Senior Member

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Well don't all post at once!

So... what's your take on air filters for DPs? I'm thinking at $123 (or there bouts depending on make) they're annual no matter what the gauge says.
Fleet service schedule was replace air cleaner cartridge once a year. My $0.02 is probably worth it as cheap insurance. Main problem is not clogging but paper warping from water and allowing unfiltered air into engine.

Howdy all the rest of you STMs!!
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:18 PM   #55938

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Fleet service schedule was replace air cleaner cartridge once a year. My $0.02 is probably worth it as cheap insurance. Main problem is not clogging but paper warping from water and allowing unfiltered air into engine.

Howdy all the rest of you STMs!!
You've been quiet lately...
Old 06-16-2016, 11:25 PM   #55939
RVM#87 / Senior Member

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
You've been quiet lately...
Retiree's w#&@ is never done, especially if'n I ever want to be ready for a RAINBOW Rider.

Tryin' to get things done to help DD/SIL and " 4 yo Big Sis" when GB #2 arrives in December.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 02:06 AM   #55940
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Sorry to hear you have a problem with H2O... if it is as Dwayne has diagnosed - that should be an easy fix. The hard part will be as Carl said.. keeping your little helper at bay!

You always amaze me Barb. You have the smallest footprint. We have 100 gallons of water on board (if we fill it, which we dont) but no way it would last 3 or 4 weeks. Nope. Not even close.
Luckily, I was able to empty that bay into our red wagon and drag it into the garage. Then water added and leak detected as the water pump. So I unscrewed it from the pipes and disassembled it where the water was leaking out. A quick call to Dwayne confirmed that it was a bad diaphragm as suspected.

The toughest part, after the chore of getting up and down 10+ times, was finding the part online. Amazon stocks it here in Seattle so it is guaranteed to be here tomorrow.

Oh and Steve, the reason I can go so long on 45 gallons of water is because I don't shower in my coach, I don't cook and I often use disposable dishes. These last 2 days without running water has added more tricks to my water saving arsenal. I think I'm ready to boondock all winter if needed.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 02:17 AM   #55941
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
First thing after the leak is fixed, fix that leaky stem for your benefactor where you are staying. using a city water supply and science g wear and tear on your pump, priceless!
Dave, I bought a new faucet and planned to fix it last year, but I could never find a shut off valve. I guess I need to get serious about figuring out how to shut the water off at the meter. I'm at my daughter's house in the summer and usually attack the weeds and flowerbeds. Time to put on my plumber's hat.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:25 AM   #55942
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
I thought you shouldn't eat shellfish gathered in any month that doesn't contain an R.

On edit I found this

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/22/he...real.html?_r=0
Old 06-17-2016, 07:04 AM   #55943

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Manitou Springs Colorado, I knew Colorado had legalized this bit it's still a little surreal seeing a retail store. A very interesting inventory. Beautiful town, everybody is so friendly and happy. Maybe they have it right.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1466165028.263626.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	130443

Barry and Pat, RVM114
Old 06-17-2016, 08:49 AM   #55944

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

Ohhms please.

This is about the third time I have done business with Lichtsinn RV in Forest City, IA and other than a previous mess up with shipping they have been great to work with.

Ohhmmmsss for a quick affordable repair

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote