Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #5643

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hear some Possums are too!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #5644

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Quick Mom Update:

Aside from the lung cancer, doctors did a stress test on her heart and found by way of angiogram that she has to have a triple bypass before they work on the lung. So.....she goes in next Thursday for the triple bypass and then we wait for a month and they open her up again for the lung.
She's 82, but not ready to give up yet and we aren't ready to give her up! I fly home next week to be there for the operation and some recovery time with the old gal.

I hope everything goes well, but as we all know, anytime you go to a hospital, there's always a chance you're not leaving standing up.
Know our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #5645

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Hear some Possums are too!

Hi Tim !!!

Ok I have to know have you bagged that buck yet ? I was having a dream last night of tenderloins and back straps marinaded and sizzling on the grill. Or even the inner straps chunked up and floured and and put in some hot butter and oil with garlic and onion with some taters and eggs and toast on the side, with lots of coffee. That my friend is an excellent deer hunters breakfast. mmmm mmmm mmmm

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #5646

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hi Tim !!!

Ok I have to know have you bagged that buck yet ? I was having a dream last night of tenderloins and back straps marinaded and sizzling on the grill. Or even the inner straps chunked up and floured and and put in some hot butter and oil with garlic and onion with some taters and eggs and toast on the side, with lots of coffee. That my friend is an excellent deer hunters breakfast. mmmm mmmm mmmm

Cheers !!!
Not yet, been walking his hangout, found two scrap lines, several hookings but no day lite sighting yet. Been on pins and needles all weekend, it's youth hunt and afraid one of them snotty nose kids might luck out and get him.

I'll be back in woods this coming week with my bow, modern gun starts this coming Sat. and woods will be full of competition!

As far as the breakfast, if I ate all that I'd be asleep in record time, I tend to hunt just a little hungry! Hunt-kill-clean-cook-eat-nap-dominos, along with reliving every moment of the stalk!
Old 11-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #5647

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
A night out with Herb and Barb, Priceless. That's got me thinking of going and hiding when Herb comes thi direction! Just kidding Herb( but you know I'm on a fixed income!)
Hey if Wayne would quit dreamin bout his dinner when he is driving it wouldn't have been so expensive! Guess he doesn't multi-task very well.

As for you Mr. Tim, we don't eat at Mickey D's so start Savin up big man! LOL
Old 11-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #5648

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Hey if Wayne would quit dreamin bout his dinner when he is driving it wouldn't have been so expensive! Guess he doesn't multi-task very well.

As for you Mr. Tim, we don't eat at Mickey D's so start Savin up big man! LOL
Bring it on, i'll check my coupons.

Short update on foliage, wind blew all day today, had beautiful yellow tree outside bedroom window last night, this afternoon I could probably count the leaves still on tree!
Old 11-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #5649
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
A night out with Herb and Barb, Priceless.

That's got me thinking of going and hiding when Herb comes thi direction!
Just kidding Herb( but you know I'm on a fixed income!)
Tim,

Here's a saying for you.

"Oh darn! I forgot my wallet."
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #5650

Fleetwood Owners Club
Got it!

No I mean I don't got it! Oh darn I get so confused these days.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #5651
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tim,
That's what you say to Herb AFTER you have eaten.

Hey Muties, Winter is here in TC. Woke up at 7 a.m. to 57 degrees.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:05 AM   #5652

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Tim,
That's what you say to Herb AFTER you have eaten.

Hey Muties, Winter is here in TC. Woke up at 7 a.m. to 57 degrees.
Yep, big freeze is on, 37 here at 7 am! Got to get DW to sew that button on that back flap on my long handles. So cold here my Labs are sleeping outside of their dog house so they can see the cold, it's epic!
Old 11-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #5653

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Attention Fellow Mutants. These words and images just in from Suspinz - Sue and Walter.

Hi, Fellow Mutants! We are still more or less incommunicado but for occasional email, so here's one written on Thursday evening. Who knows when it will get out.

Talented fruit & vegetable carvers come up with different designs daily to decorate the buffets.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1509529490.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	282.2 KB
ID:	49155

One evening I told the waiter I didn't want any dessert. "Nothing?!" "No, thank you; nothing." When all the desserts were served, the waiter asked me what I had ordered. "Nothing." And here is what he set in front of me:

Name:	image-2443978239.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	49156
Written in chocolate syrup.

Yesterday Martin & I joined the group going to visit the Embera Indians in their village up the San Juan de Piquini river in Panama. Our transportation was by authentic dugout canoes, powered by poles -- and outboard motors.

Name:	image-90294436.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	394.8 KB
ID:	49157
The women danced for us, accompanied by their own drummer:

Name:	image-1209729092.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	304.9 KB
ID:	49158
Later on 6 musicians played & we all danced together:

Name:	image-2669341165.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	273.1 KB
ID:	49159
This day was just the best shore excursion. It was worth the whole trip. The woodcarvings are exquisite, not only in the workmanship, but with similar subjects depicted in imaginative, individual ways. Similarly, the women's basketry and beadwork showed their individual skill levels & personalities.

Missing the patter from y'all and I know there will be a ton of ketchup to do when we're stateside again. It's a sacrifice, but ya know: Somebody has to do it...and I'm Somebody!

Cheers!
Sue #36
PS: In the service of RVMdom, I've been eating bacon every morning. I know: it's tough.

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things: http://journeyswithsue.blogspot.com
-----------
We shall see what new and grand adventures they share next.
RVM2
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #5654

Quote:
Not yet, been walking his hangout, found two scrap lines, several hookings but no day lite sighting yet. Been on pins and needles all weekend, it's youth hunt and afraid one of them snotty nose kids might luck out and get him.

I'll be back in woods this coming week with my bow, modern gun starts this coming Sat. and woods will be full of competition!

As far as the breakfast, if I ate all that I'd be asleep in record time, I tend to hunt just a little hungry! Hunt-kill-clean-cook-eat-nap-dominos, along with reliving every moment of the stalk!
Hey Tim !!!

Finding scrape lines and buck rubs on trees is always a good sign. Youth hunt is in September in Michigan, and yeah the snot nose kids get some great deer, I have always felt they should have to learn like I did sitting in deep snow and trying not to shiver to much.

Modern gun for Michigan doesnt start until November 15th its like a national holiday up there that one day.

As far as breakfast, I tend to hunt hungry as well, but there is one big difference between hunting in Arkansas and Michigan and that is temperature, when you are sitting in cold weather, and thats anything less than 32 degrees you need to keep a fire in the furnace to stay warm, even in warm hunting gear you still need to generate heat, cause the first 2 full days of gun season you stay out all day unless its just to bitterly cold. But after a day of hunting. Its supper, drinks and darts or something simular, and then starting the next morning at 5am all over again.

Cheers !!!
Old 11-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #5655

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Attention Fellow Mutants. These words and images just in from Suspinz - Sue and Walter.

Hi, Fellow Mutants! We are still more or less incommunicado but for occasional email, so here's one written on Thursday evening. Who knows when it will get out.

Talented fruit & vegetable carvers come up with different designs daily to decorate the buffets.
Attachment 49155

One evening I told the waiter I didn't want any dessert. "Nothing?!" "No, thank you; nothing." When all the desserts were served, the waiter asked me what I had ordered. "Nothing." And here is what he set in front of me:
Attachment 49156
Written in chocolate syrup.

Yesterday Martin & I joined the group going to visit the Embera Indians in their village up the San Juan de Piquini river in Panama. Our transportation was by authentic dugout canoes, powered by poles -- and outboard motors.
Attachment 49157
The women danced for us, accompanied by their own drummer:
Attachment 49158
Later on 6 musicians played & we all danced together:
Attachment 49159
This day was just the best shore excursion. It was worth the whole trip. The woodcarvings are exquisite, not only in the workmanship, but with similar subjects depicted in imaginative, individual ways. Similarly, the women's basketry and beadwork showed their individual skill levels & personalities.

Missing the patter from y'all and I know there will be a ton of ketchup to do when we're stateside again. It's a sacrifice, but ya know: Somebody has to do it...and I'm Somebody!

Cheers!
Sue #36
PS: In the service of RVMdom, I've been eating bacon every morning. I know: it's tough.

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things: JourneysWithSue
-----------
We shall see what new and grand adventures they share next.
RVM2
Hey Sue,

Thank you for the update, I know you wont get this till you get back, but I just had to comment lest I forget to do so when you return, the photos are fantastic, and it sounds like you have a joker for a waiter on that cruise, I would have loved to seen some more up close photos of the dugouts. I hope you are having a fantastic trip....

Cheers !!!
Old 11-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #5656

Strange but True

Hey Muteys !!!

I found this the other night while waiting for the cooks to make up my pizza pie.

George Bernard Shaw once said "If all the economists were laid end to end, they'd never reach a conclusion"

and another,

Those of you who are pregnant might want to take note of some old superstitions: It was once thought that hiding a knife under the mattress of a laboring woman would cut the birth pains. Also, unlocking all the doors in the house and tying knots in the curtains were believed to guarantee an easy delivery.

who woudda thought !!!!

Cheers !!!