Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2016, 09:59 AM   #56561

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
This is the part Larry loves right?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2016, 10:05 AM   #56562

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
And Now ... From Down Under

Our Australian friends are into saving critters who are in danger.
Their newest acquisition is a cute little cousin of mine, A Ring tail.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pam 1.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	241.1 KB
ID:	131922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pam 2.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	248.7 KB
ID:	131923  

Name:	Pam 3.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	244.8 KB
ID:	131924   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pam 4.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	131925  

Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 11:10 AM   #56563
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Oh my... Love their cheese..... Especially the garlic curds..... Yummmmmm

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
You could have some of that, just come join us.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 11:14 AM   #56564

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
You could have some of that, just come join us.
We'd love to!
I think that may be a requirement for next year either before or after the Great RVMooning. A great area Wayne!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 01:13 PM   #56565

Let There Be Light!

Some of you may have seen a photo Sue posted elsewhere showing me tackling a complex wiring task - getting all nine switches illuminated instead of just the two provided by Thor (second row). Well, here's the result.
I also installed a couple of led strips behind the panel to shine through the various motifs on it.

Now, here's a question for you electrical techies. When wiring up the two 12v led strips, I used a 9v battery on the bench to check the wiring was ok. The lights were bright. After installing them I spliced the feed wire into the live wire feeding a 12v outlet at the rear of the cabinet and the leds were noticeably dimmer. On checking the 12v outlet with a voltmeter I found it flashed up to 12v and then immediately back to 7.58v. This was the case with all the other 12v outlets. Any thoughts? I then re-routed the feed wire to splice into a solid 12v behind the panel and got good bright leds.

Oh yes, whilst I was back in the house, a stray kitten made her way into the coach through the door I had left open and now seems to have adopted us!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1467572975171.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	131943   Click image for larger version

Name:	1467572995687.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	131945  

MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 02:14 PM   #56566

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Let There Be Light!

Some of you may have seen a photo Sue posted elsewhere showing me tackling a complex wiring task - getting all nine switches illuminated instead of just the two provided by Thor (second row). Well, here's the result.
I also installed a couple of led strips behind the panel to shine through the various motifs on it.

Now, here's a question for you electrical techies. When wiring up the two 12v led strips, I used a 9v battery on the bench to check the wiring was ok. The lights were bright. After installing them I spliced the feed wire into the live wire feeding a 12v outlet at the rear of the cabinet and the leds were noticeably dimmer. On checking the 12v outlet with a voltmeter I found it flashed up to 12v and then immediately back to 7.58v. This was the case with all the other 12v outlets. Any thoughts? I then re-routed the feed wire to splice into a solid 12v behind the panel and got good bright leds.

Oh yes, whilst I was back in the house, a stray kitten made her way into the coach through the door I had left open and now seems to have adopted us!

Hi Martin!
LEDs tied in sequential strings to a single source will cause a voltage drop due to cumulative resistance. Each LED group each tied to a main source will not.
I could tell you about Ohms Law and the Lord of Hole Flow, but I won't.

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 02:15 PM   #56567

R U an RV Mutant too?

Gonna keep the lil cutie?

Old 07-03-2016, 03:41 PM   #56568

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Let There Be Light!

no help here from the electrical aspect. But I do have a question relating to the other part... How is she going to get along with the other cat?
Old 07-03-2016, 04:47 PM   #56569

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Hi Martin!
LEDs tied in sequential strings to a single source will cause a voltage drop due to cumulative resistance. Each LED group each tied to a main source will not.
I could tell you about Ohms Law and the Lord of Hole Flow, but I won't.

Hi Dave
None of the leds are in series. It's just that none of the so called 12v outlets register more than 7.5v. I will speak to someone I know at Thor to get a schematic.

As for the cat, no name yet, she can stay as long as Sue agrees to her front end being de-clawed.

Hi Marty, hope you agree with that!
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 05:35 PM   #56570

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Hi Dave
None of the leds are in series. It's just that none of the so called 12v outlets register more than 7.5v. I will speak to someone I know at Thor to get a schematic.

As for the cat, no name yet, she can stay as long as Sue agrees to her front end being de-clawed.

Hi Marty, hope you agree with that!

Yep. Sounds like a power glitch. My 12v power uses a power buss that I hook into.
Sue can knit paw covers?

Old 07-03-2016, 07:20 PM   #56571

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've been slowly working my way through this string of posts. Sounds to me like a bunch of people that like to enjoy life, share their experiences, and don't care if they have the latest, shiniest, newest gadgets on the block. Just enjoy the journey,whatever the destination may be.

I don't have a diesel pushing me, a satellite dish entertaining me, or a job keeping me from enjoying life. And you know what, I don't care.

Think I can join your merry group?

Jake
Retired-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:43 PM   #56572

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired-Jake View Post
I've been slowly working my way through this string of posts. Sounds to me like a bunch of people that like to enjoy life, share their experiences, and don't care if they have the latest, shiniest, newest gadgets on the block. Just enjoy the journey,whatever the destination may be.

I don't have a diesel pushing me, a satellite dish entertaining me, or a job keeping me from enjoying life. And you know what, I don't care.

Jake
You're intro is close e'nuff for Mutants! Well done RVM141 - Looks like Johnny Mac10 will be passing the broom and dustpan to you shortly.

Welcome aboard the RVM Rainbow!

Look everybody - another unsuspecting, I mean new addition. Give em the ole Mutant welcome.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:49 PM   #56573

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired-Jake View Post

Jake
Me thinks you're pretty spot on with your observations. I think the key phrase that everyone is looking for is stating the journey is the destination but you're pretty close so it may pass...I'll let the elders decide the peculiars

In any case, an early welcome to the fun side of the rainbow Jake!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:50 PM   #56574

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
You're intro is close e'nuff for Mutants! Well done RVM141 - Looks like Johnny Mac10 will be passing the broom and dustpan to you shortly.

Welcome aboard the RVM Rainbow!

Look everybody - another unsuspecting, I mean new addition. Give em the ole Mutant welcome.
I was typing too slow, you beat me to posting

And now I can officially welcome Jake, RVM141!!!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote