Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2016, 04:06 PM   #56771

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Will see her in person next Wednesday
Attachment 132409

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants

She is just beautiful you two!!!
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2016, 04:08 PM   #56772

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
That's alright! Unfortunately I have not heard from him for several months now. I will say that the prognosis did not look good. Everyone just keep sending Ohhmms. I don't have the emails between us on this laptop but when we get home it may be time to revive the emails on my computer and share with y'all.

I do keep searching for information on the Internet and trying to communicate by email but I have not had any success.

Keep the faith.

Prayers and positive thoughts are heading to him now!!!
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:26 PM   #56773

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
Somewhere around post 1300 and I just can't contain some of my thoughts. I have to dump.

(I am not surrendering yet, just cheating\peeking at the future....or yaws real-time RMV universe. I'm a weaker man than I want to be)

I have an internal trigger that the official word I have heard it called is "spontaneous". I think I have always had it. Came wired that way. Ironically, I am a creature of habit first. Even predictable and boring, 90% off the time. But that Hyde-side…. Well, I’m pretty sure it was passed down by the portion of DNA my mom provided. (An amazing woman)
Best way I can describe it is simply to give an example of the kind of stunt she would pull while I was growing up.:

"Hey kids, I'll be back ina little while. I'm going to give a friend a ride to the airport and I'll stop and pick something up for lunch on the way back."
No lunch that day. Instead, a collect call about 4 hours later from somebody in Puerta Vallarta. “Guess what kids, mom is Mexico. (giggle) I’ll be home in a few days. Sorry. There’s plenty of food in the fridge and your uncle will stop and check on you”

There’s 6 of us kids. I’m the middle child. (I know, but there were only 5 for a loooong time) She assured me I was her favorite. I always believed her. She was very convincing. Now that I’m a grandpa, I guess I was hoodwinked cuz I see how that works.

Anyways, now that I have clarified what I mean by having an internal trigger for spontaneity, I am posting in the future (again, real-time for yall) that you crazy mutants and your collective culture are like one big TRIGGER FINGER. I can’t do anything about it. Helpless feeling, but kinda wonderful.

Walked into the CEO office this morning and informed him I would likely be working from Gilmer Texas this weekend and maybe into the beginning of next week. If he needs anything, just text me.
He asked “Where is Gilmer?”. I looked at him and let a few seconds go by before I asked him back “you really want to know? Does it matter?”

He shook his head and said “No, what was I thinking? Sorry I asked. When you think you’ll be back?”

Another smile and raise of the eyebrows from me and he said “never mind. See ya sometime soon. I suppose”

Doesn’t matter what is in Gilmer or why I’m going. What matters is I wouldn’t be going to Gilmer if I hadn’t fell into the mutant’s snare. Not sure exactly what post or even which moment it happened. I just know YAW pulled the trigger, you rascals. I must journey, even if just a jaunt. (anything less than 1000 miles is a jaunt)

I know yaw don’t know me, but I am very fond of some of ya. Delightful sample of our species. Thanks.
Cowboy
(keep checking that rear view)
Gonna take 59?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:24 PM   #56774

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We're staying in Soggy Bottom

8:12 the rain started again this evening. This is day 5 and the ground is super saturated. Very glad we are on high ground. The sun was out this afternoon and I was able to get on the roof to remove a couple of twigs that got into the bathroom exhaust fan. Right now the rain on the roof is reminiscent of rain on a tin roof from my childhood. Unfortunately, there is also lightning and thunder, so Clyde is trying to crawl into my armpit to hide. Can't help but feel sorry for the little guy, he sure wants a few calm days.

Jake
Retired-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:42 PM   #56775
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjr View Post
Jim and Paula will be back on the rainbow in the morning. Head to Portland, then turn right. Repairs put us 5 weeks behind on our roving.

Wayne, we will be in Montana in about 4 days...
Making progress toward Maine in August. Lots of places to see for the first time.

Dave congrats on ggd. And all the best to the family.
Well, just brake something else and We'll catch up with you on the Left Coast.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:32 PM   #56776

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired-Jake View Post
8:12 the rain started again this evening. This is day 5 and the ground is super saturated. Very glad we are on high ground. The sun was out this afternoon and I was able to get on the roof to remove a couple of twigs that got into the bathroom exhaust fan. Right now the rain on the roof is reminiscent of rain on a tin roof from my childhood. Unfortunately, there is also lightning and thunder, so Clyde is trying to crawl into my armpit to hide. Can't help but feel sorry for the little guy, he sure wants a few calm days.

Jake

Share.....
We had such a wet spring that i thought we would never dry out.... We did...

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:36 PM   #56777

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired-Jake View Post

Jake
The sound of rain in the motor home is one my favorites!
Old 07-08-2016, 08:57 PM   #56778

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So I see on FB that Barry and Pat are rocking Yellowstone. That reminded me I don't remember where the picture flipper is hanging out now. And then I forgot the name of their new rainbowrider. Elle (for elated), Happy (well duh), Joy (ditto). Mind like a tack I've got. Hello Mel... and murker Kate...
Old 07-08-2016, 09:09 PM   #56779

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tim and Mary, Steve and Mary Ann, Jim and Paula, Carl and Boko, and Mackie, Richard and Ann... and all Mutants heading to PEI, St. Andrews, Trenton Maine.... or some portion of these curiosities... I bow to you all. I can't tell ya how much this is killin me. I know you'll all have a Grande time and I promise the next we meet, I'll proudly where the shirt. And ya know, it still fits.... Omar the tent maker outdid himself there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1468033723587.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	132461  
Old 07-08-2016, 09:17 PM   #56780

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Well, just brake something else and We'll catch up with you on the Left Coast.
I brake for turtles.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:18 PM   #56781

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wake up sleepy headed mutants.
Well actually, good night. Unless something else happens.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:30 PM   #56782

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Tim and Mary, Steve and Mary Ann, Jim and Paula, Carl and Boko, and Mackie, Richard and Ann... and all Mutants heading to PEI, St. Andrews, Trenton Maine.... or some portion of these curiosities... I bow to you all. I can't tell ya how much this is killin me. I know you'll all have a Grande time and I promise the next we meet, I'll proudly where the shirt. And ya know, it still fits.... Omar the tent maker outdid himself there.
You'll be missed I'm sure, once in a while

Seriously, sorry you can't make it, was looking forwards to seeing you and Annie again. Oh well, the RVMoon event will be one to remember I'm sure!!!

And yes, the birds and I are getting pysch'd for Maine. The RV has been in the shop for the last couple weeks, really missing it. Longest I've gone w/o it. Hopefully it'll be returning home soon, all prep'd for travel and looking better after the Beaumont TX bash is fixed back to new lookin'.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:32 PM   #56783

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Wake up sleepy headed mutants.
Well actually, good night. Unless something else happens.
Was over at my sisters helping her pack up a bunch of stuff to establish residency down in Sun City FL. More for my BIL but they're going down tomorrow for a week. They close on a house Monday and now I'll have close company when I'm down there during winter months! Glad they chose that area (after heavy influence of course ).
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:35 PM   #56784

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
You'll be missed I'm sure, once in a while

Seriously, sorry you can't make it, was looking forwards to seeing you and Annie again. Oh well, the RVMoon event will be one to remember I'm sure!!!

And yes, the birds and I are getting pysch'd for Maine. The RV has been in the shop for the last couple weeks, really missing it. Longest I've gone w/o it. Hopefully it'll be returning home soon, all prep'd for travel and looking better after the Beaumont TX bash is fixed back to new lookin'.
Beaumont. That was February... lol. I like your style!