Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-08-2016, 04:16 PM   #56785
Member
 
jfjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 90
Send a message via Yahoo to jfjr
Jim and Paula will be back on the rainbow in the morning. Head to Portland, then turn right. Repairs put us 5 weeks behind on our roving.

Wayne, we will be in Montana in about 4 days...
Making progress toward Maine in August. Lots of places to see for the first time.

Dave congrats on ggd. And all the best to the family.
__________________

__________________
Jim & Paula
RVM116
jfjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2016, 04:37 PM   #56786
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjr View Post
Jim and Paula will be back on the rainbow in the morning. Head to Portland, then turn right. Repairs put us 5 weeks behind on our roving.

Wayne, we will be in Montana in about 4 days...
Making progress toward Maine in August. Lots of places to see for the first time.

Dave congrats on ggd. And all the best to the family.
Looking forward to meeting you Jim, don't believe anything Mr Round tells you about me. Bring on the lobstah.
__________________

__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 04:38 PM   #56787
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
Somewhere around post 1300 and I just can't contain some of my thoughts. I have to dump.

(I am not surrendering yet, just cheating\peeking at the future....or yaws real-time RMV universe. I'm a weaker man than I want to be)

I have an internal trigger that the official word I have heard it called is "spontaneous". I think I have always had it. Came wired that way. Ironically, I am a creature of habit first. Even predictable and boring, 90% off the time. But that Hyde-side…. Well, I’m pretty sure it was passed down by the portion of DNA my mom provided. (An amazing woman)
Best way I can describe it is simply to give an example of the kind of stunt she would pull while I was growing up.:

"Hey kids, I'll be back ina little while. I'm going to give a friend a ride to the airport and I'll stop and pick something up for lunch on the way back."
No lunch that day. Instead, a collect call about 4 hours later from somebody in Puerta Vallarta. “Guess what kids, mom is Mexico. (giggle) I’ll be home in a few days. Sorry. There’s plenty of food in the fridge and your uncle will stop and check on you”

There’s 6 of us kids. I’m the middle child. (I know, but there were only 5 for a loooong time) She assured me I was her favorite. I always believed her. She was very convincing. Now that I’m a grandpa, I guess I was hoodwinked cuz I see how that works.

Anyways, now that I have clarified what I mean by having an internal trigger for spontaneity, I am posting in the future (again, real-time for yall) that you crazy mutants and your collective culture are like one big TRIGGER FINGER. I can’t do anything about it. Helpless feeling, but kinda wonderful.

Walked into the CEO office this morning and informed him I would likely be working from Gilmer Texas this weekend and maybe into the beginning of next week. If he needs anything, just text me.
He asked “Where is Gilmer?”. I looked at him and let a few seconds go by before I asked him back “you really want to know? Does it matter?”

He shook his head and said “No, what was I thinking? Sorry I asked. When you think you’ll be back?”

Another smile and raise of the eyebrows from me and he said “never mind. See ya sometime soon. I suppose”

Doesn’t matter what is in Gilmer or why I’m going. What matters is I wouldn’t be going to Gilmer if I hadn’t fell into the mutant’s snare. Not sure exactly what post or even which moment it happened. I just know YAW pulled the trigger, you rascals. I must journey, even if just a jaunt. (anything less than 1000 miles is a jaunt)


I know yaw don’t know me, but I am very fond of some of ya. Delightful sample of our species. Thanks.
Cowboy
(keep checking that rear view)
Well sir... I think you have identified the segments of the Journey. 1 journey in a couple jaunts give or take.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:06 PM   #56788
Senior Member
 
Sohapi's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: East of El Paso TX
Posts: 2,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Will see her in person next Wednesday
Attachment 132409


Dave and Nola, RV Mutants

She is just beautiful you two!!!
__________________
Colleen & Hunter
Ret. AF & RVM77
45' 2001 Monaco Signature
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:08 PM   #56789
Senior Member
 
Sohapi's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: East of El Paso TX
Posts: 2,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
That's alright! Unfortunately I have not heard from him for several months now. I will say that the prognosis did not look good. Everyone just keep sending Ohhmms. I don't have the emails between us on this laptop but when we get home it may be time to revive the emails on my computer and share with y'all.

I do keep searching for information on the Internet and trying to communicate by email but I have not had any success.

Keep the faith.

Prayers and positive thoughts are heading to him now!!!
__________________
Colleen & Hunter
Ret. AF & RVM77
45' 2001 Monaco Signature
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:26 PM   #56790
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
Somewhere around post 1300 and I just can't contain some of my thoughts. I have to dump.

(I am not surrendering yet, just cheating\peeking at the future....or yaws real-time RMV universe. I'm a weaker man than I want to be)

I have an internal trigger that the official word I have heard it called is "spontaneous". I think I have always had it. Came wired that way. Ironically, I am a creature of habit first. Even predictable and boring, 90% off the time. But that Hyde-side…. Well, I’m pretty sure it was passed down by the portion of DNA my mom provided. (An amazing woman)
Best way I can describe it is simply to give an example of the kind of stunt she would pull while I was growing up.:

"Hey kids, I'll be back ina little while. I'm going to give a friend a ride to the airport and I'll stop and pick something up for lunch on the way back."
No lunch that day. Instead, a collect call about 4 hours later from somebody in Puerta Vallarta. “Guess what kids, mom is Mexico. (giggle) I’ll be home in a few days. Sorry. There’s plenty of food in the fridge and your uncle will stop and check on you”

There’s 6 of us kids. I’m the middle child. (I know, but there were only 5 for a loooong time) She assured me I was her favorite. I always believed her. She was very convincing. Now that I’m a grandpa, I guess I was hoodwinked cuz I see how that works.

Anyways, now that I have clarified what I mean by having an internal trigger for spontaneity, I am posting in the future (again, real-time for yall) that you crazy mutants and your collective culture are like one big TRIGGER FINGER. I can’t do anything about it. Helpless feeling, but kinda wonderful.

Walked into the CEO office this morning and informed him I would likely be working from Gilmer Texas this weekend and maybe into the beginning of next week. If he needs anything, just text me.
He asked “Where is Gilmer?”. I looked at him and let a few seconds go by before I asked him back “you really want to know? Does it matter?”

He shook his head and said “No, what was I thinking? Sorry I asked. When you think you’ll be back?”

Another smile and raise of the eyebrows from me and he said “never mind. See ya sometime soon. I suppose”

Doesn’t matter what is in Gilmer or why I’m going. What matters is I wouldn’t be going to Gilmer if I hadn’t fell into the mutant’s snare. Not sure exactly what post or even which moment it happened. I just know YAW pulled the trigger, you rascals. I must journey, even if just a jaunt. (anything less than 1000 miles is a jaunt)


I know yaw don’t know me, but I am very fond of some of ya. Delightful sample of our species. Thanks.
Cowboy
(keep checking that rear view)
Gonna take 59?
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:24 PM   #56791
RVM141
 
Retired-Jake's Avatar


 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Back in Tucson
Posts: 219
We're staying in Soggy Bottom

8:12 the rain started again this evening. This is day 5 and the ground is super saturated. Very glad we are on high ground. The sun was out this afternoon and I was able to get on the roof to remove a couple of twigs that got into the bathroom exhaust fan. Right now the rain on the roof is reminiscent of rain on a tin roof from my childhood. Unfortunately, there is also lightning and thunder, so Clyde is trying to crawl into my armpit to hide. Can't help but feel sorry for the little guy, he sure wants a few calm days.

Jake
__________________
2016 Thor Hurricane 27K, CHF so far, 2008 HHR TOAD
Jake & Mary Ann (SWMBO), Bonnie & Clyde (Mostly Chihuahua's)
Smelling the roses, tasting the wine, and now chasing the rainbow (RVM141)
Retired-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:42 PM   #56792
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjr View Post
Jim and Paula will be back on the rainbow in the morning. Head to Portland, then turn right. Repairs put us 5 weeks behind on our roving.

Wayne, we will be in Montana in about 4 days...
Making progress toward Maine in August. Lots of places to see for the first time.

Dave congrats on ggd. And all the best to the family.
Well, just brake something else and We'll catch up with you on the Left Coast.
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
RVM14
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:32 PM   #56793
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired-Jake View Post
8:12 the rain started again this evening. This is day 5 and the ground is super saturated. Very glad we are on high ground. The sun was out this afternoon and I was able to get on the roof to remove a couple of twigs that got into the bathroom exhaust fan. Right now the rain on the roof is reminiscent of rain on a tin roof from my childhood. Unfortunately, there is also lightning and thunder, so Clyde is trying to crawl into my armpit to hide. Can't help but feel sorry for the little guy, he sure wants a few calm days.

Jake

Share.....
We had such a wet spring that i thought we would never dry out.... We did...





Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:36 PM   #56794
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired-Jake View Post
8:12 the rain started again this evening. This is day 5 and the ground is super saturated. Very glad we are on high ground. The sun was out this afternoon and I was able to get on the roof to remove a couple of twigs that got into the bathroom exhaust fan. Right now the rain on the roof is reminiscent of rain on a tin roof from my childhood. Unfortunately, there is also lightning and thunder, so Clyde is trying to crawl into my armpit to hide. Can't help but feel sorry for the little guy, he sure wants a few calm days.

Jake
The sound of rain in the motor home is one my favorites!
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:57 PM   #56795
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,649
So I see on FB that Barry and Pat are rocking Yellowstone. That reminded me I don't remember where the picture flipper is hanging out now. And then I forgot the name of their new rainbowrider. Elle (for elated), Happy (well duh), Joy (ditto). Mind like a tack I've got. Hello Mel... and murker Kate...
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:09 PM   #56796
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,649
Tim and Mary, Steve and Mary Ann, Jim and Paula, Carl and Boko, and Mackie, Richard and Ann... and all Mutants heading to PEI, St. Andrews, Trenton Maine.... or some portion of these curiosities... I bow to you all. I can't tell ya how much this is killin me. I know you'll all have a Grande time and I promise the next we meet, I'll proudly where the shirt. And ya know, it still fits.... Omar the tent maker outdid himself there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1468033723587.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	132461  
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:17 PM   #56797
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Well, just brake something else and We'll catch up with you on the Left Coast.
I brake for turtles.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:18 PM   #56798
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,649
Wake up sleepy headed mutants.
Well actually, good night. Unless something else happens.
__________________

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Endless Tale Game | - »

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (1 members and 3 guests)
rezman
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.