Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2016, 12:51 PM   #57163

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Perhaps it's a mutant squash.
If you had a sack of them it might be sacksquash.
😃 Ah, he is feeling better, even if only marginally. The nose may know, but in the brain there's a quip for that!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2016, 12:52 PM   #57164

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Hi Marty!
That squash looks a little like a Colt 45 Malt Liquor in a brown paper bag. Not the most colorful of species. You'll know more when you slice it open.

I hope it's delicious - and the seeds are viable. May be the money shot for next year's farmers market! You could sell them with a bottle of Sky Pilot Bobs' Maple Balsamic Squash Glaze.
That sounds absolutely delish!
Old 07-17-2016, 12:54 PM   #57165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired-Jake View Post
There is a topic on "Just Conversation" about whether a motorhome should be called class a, type a, etc. one of the comments got me to chuckling:

"mis read that as Class A and Type A.
Envisioned a 45' being driven aggressively, weaving in traffic, flipping people off, tailgating."

So, are we ready for the rv class wars?

Jake
What, we don't do that already? 🤔
Old 07-17-2016, 12:56 PM   #57166

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I know this is on the pricier side of things, but before it went on sale, it was in the stratosphere. I've been looking for a nice screen shelter so I can sit outside whenever I'm out and about (even at home) without being terrorized by the insect community. The one I had my sights set on was from Cabela's, made by the Clam company only with beefier specs. The thing was going for $550 and there was NO way I'd spend that kind of money on something like that so I waited. A couple months ago it went on sale, $50 off and yea, right, 10%, still not even going near it.

Well, I checked yesterday and the thing is on sale for $220 off, so it's now $329. Yes, still very pricey, but the size of it and the roominess once you're inside it makes it worth it to me. I assembled it in around 5 minutes plus another 15 or so to stake it down, tie up the shade/wind protectors, etc. It has great reviews and despite the one person stating the zippered front goes from bottom to top, it's a dual-way zipper, you can open it in either direction which is quite nice.

It's huge on the inside, something like 110 sq feet. Easily can fit a picnic table in there and I can just reach the top of it from the inside to take it back down. And the last benefit is it's been bird tested, so Boko likes it

Those going to Maine will likely see it unless we're stuck in torrential downpours but I'm doing weather ohms (wohhhmmms) to ensure it'll be a great week in Maine.
I had my eye on that for a long time... until my son's inlaws gave me their old screen room. Now I couldn't justify it...even if it is a pain to put up and heavy... they are friends, so would notice if I replaced it...Maybe someday the wind will get the old one and I can get the clam at a reduced price!

I should clarify a bit... she sews and made a screen room to fit with their awning for their travel trailer. So, she didn't need the perfectly good screen tent anymore.
Old 07-17-2016, 12:58 PM   #57167

Quote:
That's the plan. Fingers crossed!
All the best, and may it soon be over!
Old 07-17-2016, 01:00 PM   #57168

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Dog gone it...a mutant on good drugs beat me to the punchline...I was thinking about calling it a mutant squash....but refrained because I don't actually know if it's a mutant or just a little known species ..
...or just a cross. Offspring might be quite interesting. Seeds, viable or not, should make good snax.
Old 07-17-2016, 01:10 PM   #57169

Quote:
I know this is on the pricier side of things, but before it went on sale, it was in the stratosphere. I've been looking for a nice screen shelter so I can sit outside whenever I'm out and about (even at home) without being terrorized by the insect community. The one I had my sights set on was from Cabela's, made by the Clam company only with beefier specs. The thing was going for $550 and there was NO way I'd spend that kind of money on something like that so I waited. A couple months ago it went on sale, $50 off and yea, right, 10%, still not even going near it.

Well, I checked yesterday and the thing is on sale for $220 off, so it's now $329. Yes, still very pricey, but the size of it and the roominess once you're inside it makes it worth it to me. I assembled it in around 5 minutes plus another 15 or so to stake it down, tie up the shade/wind protectors, etc. It has great reviews and despite the one person stating the zippered front goes from bottom to top, it's a dual-way zipper, you can open it in either direction which is quite nice.

It's huge on the inside, something like 110 sq feet. Easily can fit a picnic table in there and I can just reach the top of it from the inside to take it back down. And the last benefit is it's been bird tested, so Boko likes it

Those going to Maine will likely see it unless we're stuck in torrential downpours but I'm doing weather ohms (wohhhmmms) to ensure it'll be a great week in Maine.
Very canny, Carl. Are you part Scot?

It's a nice-looking shelter. In FL that would be perfect. I have a mental pic of Boko in there...got any real pics of that?

We looked for a screen shelter a few years ago, but none were narrow enough for the cg we had been using for 4 yrs. So long FL, at least for a while.
Old 07-17-2016, 01:28 PM   #57170

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
What, we don't do that already? 🤔
I thought it was mutants against stable people. Unless they are willing to convert.

Jake
Retired-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:02 PM   #57171

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Very canny, Carl. Are you part Scot?

It's a nice-looking shelter. In FL that would be perfect. I have a mental pic of Boko in there...got any real pics of that?

We looked for a screen shelter a few years ago, but none were narrow enough for the cg we had been using for 4 yrs. So long FL, at least for a while.
You mean like this? It was right after shower time so her feathers are wet...

As you can see, I have that 3 foot round table in there, but I'm set back near one of the 6 sides. I imagine around 10 people could sit in there with lawn chairs. I'm loving it for sure already, just a bit hot outside today to just sit there with no breeze. Maybe later...

EDIT: I'll definitely set it up on my site down in FL, that was one thing I wished I had down there but I also wanted one at home too, to sit in the yard w/o bug attacks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0144 (1).jpg
Views:	67
Size:	563.4 KB
ID:	133313  
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:07 PM   #57172

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
That's the plan. Fingers crossed!
Best of luck to you tomorrow! Glad Annie hasn't kicked you out yet!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:23 PM   #57173

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
You mean like this? It was right after shower time so her feathers are wet...

As you can see, I have that 3 foot round table in there, but I'm set back near one of the 6 sides. I imagine around 10 people could sit in there with lawn chairs. I'm loving it for sure already, just a bit hot outside today to just sit there with no breeze. Maybe later...

EDIT: I'll definitely set it up on my site down in FL, that was one thing I wished I had down there but I also wanted one at home too, to sit in the yard w/o bug attacks.
Put a fan and a hammock in there and you could sleep in it!
Old 07-17-2016, 02:27 PM   #57174

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I thought it was mutants against stable people. Unless they are willing to convert.

Jake
Are all your brakes Jake?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:38 PM   #57175

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Put a fan and a hammock in there and you could sleep in it!
I could see a couple tables in there full of lobstahs and etc... you know the mutant chow line... oh lord. I can't believe we are going to miss this FEM&M GC. I whimper like a baby at night thinking about it. And by whimper I mean curled up in the fetal position, eyes watering, blood and gunk running out my nose, 100 miles of stents in my nostrils - saline rinses, head aching, and sedated all because of Lobstah.... Hunter S. Thompson has just walked in and there's a Lobstah on his shoulder.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:57 PM   #57176

Quote:

Jake
Wouldn't run a horse down !!!