Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2016, 04:17 PM   #57513

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
RainbowGrilledCheese ....... Saw this on facebook......

Rainbow Grilled Cheese Recipe | POPSUGAR Food via @POPSUGARFood

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
I like Rainbows and I LOVE grilled cheese, but there is something very wrong about messing up a really good grilled cheese with food coloring. YUCK!!! I guess if you we trying to tempt a reluctant toddler to eat this might have some merit but otherwise it's just an awful waste of time and good cheese.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2016, 04:28 PM   #57514

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I like Rainbows and I LOVE grilled cheese, but there is something very wrong about messing up a really good grilled cheese with food coloring. YUCK!!! I guess if you we trying to tempt a reluctant toddler to eat this might have some merit but otherwise it's just an awful waste of time and good cheese.

Lol.... Barb.. Grandkids occasionally....

Last night i facetimed the 3 in FL and they were sitting there playing with homemade Slime.....
Saw this on facebook.

I personally do not think i could eat this.... But it sure would be fun with them....
Btw... Red food coloring used to cause my oldest to have migraines, discovered this when he was a year old....
So.... Do not try if your kiddos might have food allergies....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:37 PM   #57515

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Carl, we've driven through LA, Phoenix, Chicago, Tampa, Dallas, etc. etc. If no one targets us, we have a high percentage chance for an uneventful voyage thru greater NYC area. Rules of the road like 1) stay out of the merge lanes, 2) leave yourself an out and a space cushion, 3) slow down a little when your space cushion is filled by "hurrying Harrys" to recreate that space cushion, 4) know where you're going and 5) avoid rush hour. We'll be fine.

As far as I 95 is concerned, mapquest doesn't show too many routes from point A to point B on the east coast. If you're on a tight schedule to complete your journey the "side roads" are not a very good option. Ground level roads add an extra 30 minutes to every hour of traffic on the east coast. Being unfamiliar with the "spiderweb" of interstates near NYC and Boston, I've tried to limit congestion wherever possible. However, one that looks good on paper may be the one that locals know to avoid. Constant buildings and masses of humanity makes it impossible to chart a "easy route".

Going home our roads will take us through a lot of trees and cow pastures in upstate NY.
I guess I wasn't being explicit enough about traveling that corridor, it's not the drivers, traffic, etc., it's the massive holes you will need to levitate your RV over in order to prevent massive damage!!! You apparently believe you are going to be traveling over improved roadway I come through there in my car, once on my way up from FL, there's a hunk of metal sticking out from along side of the road and if I wasn't in the car but in the RV, chances of me hitting that were a lot higher. It looked like a piece of the guardrail bent outwards.

Well, it's your RV, I do wish you luck in getting through that mess in one piece, safe travels! Personally I would stay further north than I-95 so be forewarned. The cost in tolls alone will easily exceed the additional fuel to bypass all that.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:47 PM   #57516

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I guess I wasn't being explicit enough about traveling that corridor, it's not the drivers, traffic, etc., it's the massive holes you will need to levitate your RV over in order to prevent massive damage!!! You apparently believe you are going to be traveling over improved roadway I come through there in my car, once on my way up from FL, there's a hunk of metal sticking out from along side of the road and if I wasn't in the car but in the RV, chances of me hitting that were a lot higher. It looked like a piece of the guardrail bent outwards.

Well, it's your RV, I do wish you luck in getting through that mess in one piece, safe travels! Personally I would stay further north than I-95 so be forewarned. The cost in tolls alone will easily exceed the additional fuel to bypass all that.

Just did I-84 to yadda-yadda and I-95 from NY to Maine today. They musta fixed it. Bumps, ya. Trouble, naw.
Raining here in Saco ME. Figgers. Had Gwen warshed!
Tomorrow, Eastport for 6 nites, then PEI. Woot
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:54 PM   #57517

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Just did I-84 to yadda-yadda and I-95 from NY to Maine today. They musta fixed it. Bumps, ya. Trouble, naw.
Arrrrhhh..... yer killin' me. First one to post a lobstah wins... it will put me ova 'd edge.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:27 PM   #57518

Well Mutants, the waves were against us today it was just to rough, the predicted 2' waves became 4' and 6' waves, and on a 23' boat it was just to much.
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:29 PM   #57519

Life at the Lake !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1469496512616.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	134179   Click image for larger version

Name:	1469496530540.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	134180  

PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:02 PM   #57520

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Have no clue what route you went since I-84 is around 50 miles north of I-95. Papa Steve was talking about going directly through the city, which isn't something you can do from I-84 to I-95 unless you absolutely went completely out of your way and wanted to waste a lot of time driving east to then go south to then go north. From your overly obscure description of your path, you couldn't have gone through the city which is where it's really bad.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:13 PM   #57521

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Have no clue what route you went since I-84 is around 50 miles north of I-95. Papa Steve was talking about going directly through the city, which isn't something you can do from I-84 to I-95 unless you absolutely went completely out of your way and wanted to waste a lot of time driving east to then go south to then go north. From your overly obscure description of your path, you couldn't have gone through the city which is where it's really bad.
The old 3 lefts is a right long cut eh...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:21 PM   #57522

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
The old 3 lefts is a right long cut eh...
Yea, unless some kind of miracle occurred over the last couple of months, people really should heed my warnings of bringing an RV through NYC and the road conditions there. I'm sure you've all experienced nutty drivers, etc., but holes that will swallow your toad you have not!!!

Heck, just a week ago the crane fell across the Tappan Zee bridge (7 out of 8 lanes). Can't imagine wanting to deal w/that (it's since been re-opened) and the George Washington requires hair pin turns to get on/off, all across barely paved gravel.

Going north to follow I-84 across CT is the best route, or even further north as your own choosing may desire. Not to mention the huge savings in tolls. Heck, even CT drivers that live here avoid I-95 unless they absolutely have to be on it
Old 07-25-2016, 09:50 PM   #57523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
My great idea was to get you to send me twenty bucks, I need to buy a pizza and I'm broke.
Yeah, yeah, yeah! Tellyawhut: I'll bake the pizza. All ya hafta do is come pick it up. 😎 Bring Denise!
Old 07-25-2016, 10:00 PM   #57524

Carl, the sultan of the Northeast. Okay, okay, okay. I surrender. I've changed our route. I 95 out of the Phillie area. Short of the NYC we will swing to the west a little and go up and around NYC to catch I 84 and then go towards Hartford and points further north.

Thanx for the "head's up". The tolls and the possibility of one or more traffic tie-ups convinced me to "go around clown, go around". LOL

Night all. Good night Marty, Colleen, Barb, Denise, and Earlene.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:30 PM   #57525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post

Night all. Good night Marty, Colleen, Barb, Denise, and Earlene.

Which Colleen?

Colleen RVM17A, traveling with Don RVM17, Mr. Malone RVM17B & Spooky RVM17C
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
MZCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:29 PM   #57526

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Life at the Lake !!!
I once observed a flight of airforce fighter fly under the center span of the mighty mac.
Hell to pay over that to be sure.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote