Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2016, 08:37 PM   #57667

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGA2016 View Post
Good evening, we're heading down to do the Grand Canyon. We don't want to spend weeks there but obviously want to experience its full grandeur. Does anyone have a suggestion on where best to stay? We'd like to see it by chopper so a park near sight seeing would be ideal
Thank you,
Be safe

Rv park right on top..... Rv friendly

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2016, 04:22 AM   #57668

Fleetwood Owners Club
Dwayne might consider your off on way home. Although that's three more weeks before we're headed that way and 5 weeks since Marys held that new grand baby. We are like a horse, get us headed toward the barn and we pick up speed! Lol
Old 07-31-2016, 04:28 AM   #57669

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Good evening, we're heading down to do the Grand Canyon. We don't want to spend weeks there but obviously want to experience its full grandeur. Does anyone have a suggestion on where best to stay? We'd like to see it by chopper so a park near sight seeing would be ideal
Thank you,
Be safe

We had planned on staying up next to the canyon but couldn't get reservations so we stayed in Williams. Nice drive up or you can ride the train! Town has lots to see and do.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:43 AM   #57670

Fleetwood Owners Club
As we are traversing New Brunswick we stopped at a small Wally World for the evening. SMALL! They close at 10pm and don't open till noon on Sunday!

Here on the lot are us and 12 other campers. I was speaking with one of the campers from Alberta and he said all WM on the main highway are packed with campers at night. He said the old folks and families tend to keep the teenagers from gathering. Sure a different world.

At least they are speaking English again, although I'm sure I sound super sexy speaking French. You can meet a overweight and good looks lacking person and give them a French accent and you have a fat ugly person speaking French. Funny how that is.
Old 07-31-2016, 05:37 AM   #57671

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RATS!

WELL…CRAP! LOL

Yesterday we arrived in South Sioux City, NE and the red STOP ENGINE light came on as we were arriving at the park we are scheduled to stay 2 nights at. Turns out we have a significant coolant leak. Of course it happens late on Saturday so we won’t be able to get anyone to look at it until Monday when we are suppose to be leaving for Mitchell, SD. SIGH!

We have a possible fix that we will try today. We think the leak is related to the coolant hoses running from the back of the coach up to the dash for the dash heater and there is a valve we can use to shut it off. It is hard to get to but not impossible so I’m off to the nearest place to get more coolant. The good news is that if the temporary fix works it won’t be a problem…who needs any heat to the dash on 90* days. LOL

If that “fixes” the problem for now we can continue and schedule an appointment up the road for a proper, permanent fix. If it doesn’t…time to punt.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:23 AM   #57672

Quote:
Thank you,
Be safe
We liked the southern rim. Just out side the park is a nice campground. But the helicopters I know of fly out of Vegas and refuel near my gold claim. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Dwayne might consider your off on way home. Although that's three more weeks before we're headed that way and 5 weeks since Marys held that new grand baby. We are like a horse, get us headed toward the barn and we pick up speed! Lol
Your welcome for a night or a few hours it would be nice to see y'all.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:19 AM   #57673

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Looks great Jeff!
Have you been there before?
Yep this is at my brother's home and where we hunt deer, its a peaceful place !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:18 AM   #57674

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Thank you,
Be safe
We stayed at Railside RV when we were there but Denise and I are train nuts and just liked watching the trains while we were not doing anything else. Thought William to be a beautiful little tourist trap with all the fixings, Home Page the park was nice clean and offered free continental brekkies.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:59 AM   #57675

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Yep this is at my brother's home and where we hunt deer, its a peaceful place !!!
We'd 'ead obber to Seney t do all are 'unting fer da deers, ways up der in Yooperville. Way bigger 'uns over ta dat side.

I tink I lost me ability to speak Yooper. T'many yars away tends to do dat.

Lots of nice golf courses and campgrounds in the Gaylord, Grayling Roscommon areas. There's also a very nice 7 1/2 gauge railroad in that area but you need and invite to attend as its very private and secluded and the owner wants it that way.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:11 AM   #57676

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
This is what Denise and I were up to yesterday, helping out the Port Alberni Kinsmen restarting a fun pastime from decades ago. Not bad restart either with 40 entrants. Totally fun day for everyone.

Nostalgic soapbox race transforms downtown Port Alberni | CHEK
Old 07-31-2016, 10:20 AM   #57677

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
WOW...I actually found a Freightliner place within 5 miles of us that is OPEN! Shop rate is $154/hr for motorhomes.

Anyway...

Good news, “OK” news. First, the leak is not related to coolant lines for the dash heater. There are 2 separate aluminum lines that have corroded through due to chaffing on their mounts. That stops us from any temporary fix. The good news is that the repair facility has those parts in stock! That is a miracle! We will be delayed because we need prior approval from my warranty company before repairs can begin so we will spend the night in their parking lot waiting for them to open at 7 am. It could be a lot worse and these kinds of things go with the RV life style. With a little luck we will be on the road by early afternoon and catching up with the other 11 coaches in our group. If it takes longer we will catch them on Tuesday. We feel very lucky that when we have had these kinds of major repairs we have had access to relatively quick repairs and not been stranded on the side of the highway. We don’t even want to be in need of a tow.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 10:24 AM   #57678

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Don... luck of the Irish you have there!!

Sounds simple enough and having the parts on hand is just plain mutantastic!

Keep Calm and Mutate On!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 10:25 AM   #57679

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
WOW...I actually found a Freightliner place within 5 miles of us that is OPEN! Shop rate is $154/hr for motorhomes.

Anyway...

Good news, “OK” news. First, the leak is not related to coolant lines for the dash heater. There are 2 separate aluminum lines that have corroded through due to chaffing on their mounts. That stops us from any temporary fix. The good news is that the repair facility has those parts in stock! That is a miracle! We will be delayed because we need prior approval from my warranty company before repairs can begin so we will spend the night in their parking lot waiting for them to open at 7 am. It could be a lot worse and these kinds of things go with the RV life style. With a little luck we will be on the road by early afternoon and catching up with the other 11 coaches in our group. If it takes longer we will catch them on Tuesday. We feel very lucky that when we have had these kinds of major repairs we have had access to relatively quick repairs and not been stranded on the side of the highway. We don’t even want to be in need of a tow.
Yes, that's quite impressive. Continued luck on the fixes as it seems the stars are aligning for you!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 10:27 AM   #57680

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Happy Birthday to the ever young and beautiful Earlene!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote