Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2016, 09:55 PM   #57793

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
First day on the rode after the fix...the beast is purring just fine. Unfortunately, we lost one of our travel companions to a lightning strike! They don't know the damage YET but it sounds bad. Makes the hail damage look like nothing. SIGH!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2016, 09:59 PM   #57794

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
For Possum...... All Aboard Restaurant tonight... The train runs on tracks along ceiling... When it gets yo your table ut drops the orange tray off and it comes down.... My grands love it. They asked why i was trying to get the train photo, i told them it was for you... Then they asked to see your photo.....

Btw Barb, Anna remembers Sena's name now... Flipping thru my photos, she said, theres Sena....

Attachment 134777
Attachment 134778
Attachment 134779
Attachment 134780

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Hmmm, that sure sounds like the place 2 sisters used to go to to talk about life... I read a book about a house cleaning system they wrote... from the early 80's called Sidetracked Home Executives...Peggy and Pam perhaps were their names...
Funny you were there and posted the train picture! I bet it is where they were from. kind of a cheesy book, but their system worked for me for several years... then I fell off the tracks, haven't ever hopped back on...LOL!

MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:01 PM   #57795

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
First day on the rode after the fix...the beast is purring just fine. Unfortunately, we lost one of our travel companions to a lightning strike! They don't know the damage YET but it sounds bad. Makes the hail damage look like nothing. SIGH!
Wow... Just think, your troubles could have been providence protecting you from same fate! Bet you got off with less expense!
Old 08-02-2016, 11:08 PM   #57796

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
It seems more often lately that it's a matter of who to vote against rather than who to vote for -- lesser of the 2 evils. And that's all I have to say about politics.
I was a bit shocked when Bob came home tonight and said... 'I don't know if it was worth the trouble today'... as an explanation, our roundabout has 2 legs closed, our road, and the next one closest for us, so we are rumbling about on dirt roads, so many of which don't go through due to the railroad tracks and creek that winds through, and we have done some turning around and backtracking since we don't want to drive 4 miles out of our way into town to get on the highway to get where we are trying to go to... although we may have already backtracked that far in the few times we have tried a few routes...LOL. We'll get it figured out. Just a bump in the dirt road.... but there was only 1 contested race on our ballot...as Kansas only does a Democrat ballot or Republican ballot according to how you are registered, and if you want to vote in November as an independent, you don't get a say in the primaries...so most folks will register one or the other, Mostly to cheer on the local city and county folks who are running for local offices, but no knows how we are going to fill out the Nov. Ballots! Those will have everyone who won in primaries, and the 3rd parties on them.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:43 AM   #57797

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, good morning sleepyhead Mutants!
Old 08-03-2016, 09:01 AM   #57798
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
[COLOR=Blue]
Did you tell them you wanted the one that takes upright pictures?
We can only hope ...
😂
Old 08-03-2016, 09:31 AM   #57799

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dave has used up most of his data with this pic installment of Cabot Beach Park and local sites.

And not 1 pic of a lobstah! Lol.

I sure wish we were with there to mutate with them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1470234569829.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	134818   Click image for larger version

Name:	1470234579820.jpg
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	134819  

Name:	1470234594467.jpg
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	134820   Click image for larger version

Name:	1470234615487.jpg
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	134821  

Name:	1470234624887.jpg
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	134822   Click image for larger version

Name:	1470234638267.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	134823  

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:21 AM   #57800
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
What are we doing up so dang early? Our mighty protector, Lily, heard a noise and decided to warn us LOUDLY!! See y'all later at a decent hour.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 03:59 PM   #57801

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGA2016 View Post
Thank you so much Martin, your info has us thinking seriously,although 12 hours is not for timid. As we keep saying though ' we're only doing this once so let's do it right'
Are you guys moving yet or are you still at home? We're in Salt Lake City now, very interesting, especially the genealogy research.
Stay safe
Best to you both
B&P
C'mon Barry, you and Pat are a lot younger than Sue and I were when we went on that trip. Go to bed early the night before - you won't regret it! We are prepping the coach and heading out tomorrow.
Old 08-03-2016, 04:54 PM   #57802
RVM141

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Continues to rain here in central TN. Storm rolled in this afternoon, preceded by high winds. Sure glad I had my awning in. It was kind of fun watching other people running around trying to get their awnings rolled up in a driving rain

Not that I have ever had to do that. Learned the hard way after loosing 3 awnings over the years. Tend to be a slow learner

Jake
Retired-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:58 PM   #57803

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well the mutants have sure been quiet lately. Hopefully all are safe, happy and mutating.

Jake - I have a wind sensor on mine, but don't trust it... lol. So I guess that's something else I wouldn't miss having!
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:17 PM   #57804
RVM141

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well the mutants have sure been quiet lately. Hopefully all are safe, happy and mutating.

Jake - I have a wind sensor on mine, but don't trust it... lol. So I guess that's something else I wouldn't miss having!
Fancy schmancy, what will they think of next

I know they make them, just have never felt the need. Nor have I ever owned a rig fancy enough to have one. I watch the weather and don't leave it down if I'm leaving for the day.

Guess it's like you have drilled in us mutants, don't have it, don't miss it

Jake
Retired-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:14 PM   #57805
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
So what's the word? Didja pick 'er up yet? See ya in ME.
Yeaaa, it's back in its resting spot! They did a really bang up job on the repairs, totally impressed. I had them touch up a couple of boo-boo's in that front area (one caused by me when I was being "assisted" in parking) and they even got rid of all the little dings from rocks along the front bottom panel.

At first I thought I had an issue with the steps but they wound up unplugging them underneath so they could paint along the panels in that area. Put the plug back in and stairs started working again.

It all looks sweet and can't wait to be on my way to Lobstah Town next Friday evening!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0304.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	338.8 KB
ID:	134847   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0307.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	367.0 KB
ID:	134848  

bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:46 PM   #57806
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

When I'm at home, I tie the two ends of the awning main bar down with rope. Stays really stable that way. Don't worry about winds unless they really go up there (30+mph). That doesn't happen around here without warning.

bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote