Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-04-2016, 09:34 AM   #57835
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Uh, Steve, are you off meds yet? Snakebitten in #142

Sixshooter you will be #143...... Welcome

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
I am but these things happen since the Temps no longer report to duty.

Many apologies to both..

As I sit corrected - SixShooter14 - you are still the keeper of the broom, mop and dust pan, being passed to you by Snakebitten (RVM142) and you my friend are RVM143!!

Thanks Di. Those may be among the kindest words you ever said to me.
__________________

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2016, 09:38 AM   #57836
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I am but these things happen since the Temps no longer report to duty.

Many apologies to both..

As I sit corrected - SixShooter14 - you are still the keeper of the broom, mop and dust pan, being passed to you by Snakebitten (RVM142) and you my friend are RVM143!!

Thanks Di. Those may be among the kindest words you ever said to me.

Now Steve, you know i am a sweet old lady.....
Guess as keeper of the list book, i am the new temp......

Grand and i made hummus yesterday, she us 7, she said it was better than store bought........
Now, do you know of any other uses for tahini?





Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
__________________

__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:44 AM   #57837
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,658
So here's a bit of an update...
I was able to move my followup appointment with the surgeon to next Wed (from the 29th to the 10th). Hopefully we will be out of here shortly there after. I have to try to see the Internist here before leaving and working on that one.

Yesterday I was sheared like a sheep. I had been trying to do the locks of love like Tim and Carl did. When we measured the ponytail it was 8 inches but need to be trimmed up about 2 inches which meant another 4 inches to grow. I couldn't do it. Lol. I am weak like Sampson but regaining my strength. I bow to those who made their way to the end and received their certificate. Having lost my dear aunt Bonita to C I was really trying to do it. Just couldn't hang in there.

Time to get in the planning mode and find our way back on the rainbow!
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:45 AM   #57838
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: From North Central Arkansas, near Memphis now.
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Hi James...... Welcome...
Ida is south of Drasco.....
Lol son in Batesville is a surgeon, works in Mt View occasionally... In fact i was up there yesterday.....
If you are ever up that way and need a surgeon, Dr Yarnell.......







Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Indeed it is. I miss living back there. But I drive over almost every weekend.

I'll remember that. I also have a friend who's a surgeon, Dr. Schoettle in Clinton. He owns land just down the road from us.

It's nice to recognize some local places on the internet. I belong to several forums and there never seems to be many Arkies.
__________________
James - RVM143 (aka. "Six" on ArcheryTalk, HTT, among other forums)
1970ish Continental XIX 19' needing restoration.
SixShooter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:55 AM   #57839
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,658
We have been here 2 months - and in all that time not 1 neighbor next to us. Came home yesterday and there's an Aspire sitting right there... there goes the neighborhood!
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:05 AM   #57840
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
We have been here 2 months - and in all that time not 1 neighbor next to us. Came home yesterday and there's an Aspire sitting right there... there goes the neighborhood!

Lol... It might make you think..... Haircut, neighbors, civilization...... Bet you were cute with the long hair and nose job bruising.....



Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:07 AM   #57841
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixShooter14 View Post
Indeed it is. I miss living back there. But I drive over almost every weekend.

I'll remember that. I also have a friend who's a surgeon, Dr. Schoettle in Clinton. He owns land just down the road from us.

It's nice to recognize some local places on the internet. I belong to several forums and there never seems to be many Arkies.

To get away from the skeeters..... Dont miss that part of our state.....
Later James.... Gotta get off and get packing....



Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:39 AM   #57842
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
To get away from the skeeters..... Dont miss that part of our state.....
Later James.... Gotta get off and get packing....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Speaking of skeeters... Papaw Steve... are you sure you want to go to Florida this winter?
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:41 AM   #57843
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,447
Bonjour, welcome new Arkie, oh and howdy to the rest of yous.
As Steve posted Dave in 1 1/2 weeks has used up his data plan, we had the same plan but it had lasted almost 3 weeks. Sitting on WM lot now using their free WiFi.

We are having a blast, the highs in low 70s and dropping to 50s at night. No Bugs! We've actually had to put on light jackets a few times.

Pics will flow once back in US!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 11:05 AM   #57844
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Bonjour, welcome new Arkie, oh and howdy to the rest of yous.
As Steve posted Dave in 1 1/2 weeks has used up his data plan, we had the same plan but it had lasted almost 3 weeks. Sitting on WM lot now using their free WiFi.

We are having a blast, the highs in low 70s and dropping to 50s at night. No Bugs! We've actually had to put on light jackets a few times.

Pics will flow once back in US!
Hey Tim! Hi Mary!!
Sure wish we were with ya!
I know you're holding out on us. How many lobstah have ya had so far???
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 11:14 AM   #57845
Senior Member
 
Possum's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cherry Creek, BC Canada
Posts: 7,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
He could post a more general question in the Class A forum. Then he'd get all the answers he'd ever dream of - there'd be those that would tell him it won't be compatible with the Berk, another group will say it is compatible, then there will be those that say why do you even need more power, enjoy the view as you slowly pass things, another group will tell him it'll ruin his engine, along with the group that will claim his warranty will be terminated when they see he did that, and finally there will be those that just contribute to the thread so they can "follow it".

I just don't see why either of you are hesitant to explore the benefits of the full site
With all that pertinent and truthful information I nominate you to be appointed; Mutant Sage.
__________________
Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 11:18 AM   #57846
RVM99
 
bokobird's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: CT S&B
Posts: 2,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Yes siree Bob that's bettern' good enough!

Even a bologna has a first name... yours might be Bob??? Or Oscar? My grandfather on my moms side was from Van Buren AR. His name was Homer!

Anyway - You have completed the highly complex, often imitated and never equaled entrance exam to the RVMdom. With that you are know forever to be know as RVM142...

Look everyone - a new mutant among us! Give em a big welcome!
Sometimes you say the funniest things that just totally crack me up, thanks for that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
So here's a bit of an update...
I was able to move my followup appointment with the surgeon to next Wed (from the 29th to the 10th). Hopefully we will be out of here shortly there after. I have to try to see the Internist here before leaving and working on that one.

Yesterday I was sheared like a sheep. I had been trying to do the locks of love like Tim and Carl did. When we measured the ponytail it was 8 inches but need to be trimmed up about 2 inches which meant another 4 inches to grow. I couldn't do it. Lol. I am weak like Sampson but regaining my strength. I bow to those who made their way to the end and received their certificate. Having lost my dear aunt Bonita to C I was really trying to do it. Just couldn't hang in there.

Time to get in the planning mode and find our way back on the rainbow!
Still working on my next certificate and it's getting there - pretty long already

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixShooter14 View Post
I know all those places!

I'm from Ida (NOT mt. Ida) my mother is from Mt. View and her whole family still lives in Stone county. We have land in Stone and Cleburne county. And my family owns a convenience store in Ida (Fletcher's Grocery) we also sell Non-ethanol gas if y'all need some of the 'good stuff'.

I graduated from Arkansas Tech in Russellville in 2012, then moved here to Marion to work. I'm a mechanical engineer for a conveyor company. We design, fab., install, and service conveyors for automotive companies.

That's about it....I hunt and fish and work. We used to own cattle until a land dispute forced us to sell to pay lawyers. Hope to have some more someday. I like Herefords, but our last bunch was Longhorns and while ornery, they make up for it with coolness.


That's about it for me, anything else, just ask.

James AKA "Six"
Welcome again James, aka RVM143. Hope to meet up with you somewhere in the future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Speaking of skeeters... Papaw Steve... are you sure you want to go to Florida this winter?
Another reason I got me that there screen house - I won't be so worried about spending time in my favorite place down there in Ruskin...
__________________
Carl
'07 Newmar KSDP3916 w/Hydralift carrying '06 FLHX, '15 Chevy Equinox, Blue Ox Alpha, RVibrake2
With the birds...
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 11:21 AM   #57847
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,340
A Possum - maybe even our Possum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4704.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	134887  
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
RVM14
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 11:24 AM   #57848
RVM141
 
Retired-Jake's Avatar


 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Back in Tucson
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixShooter14 View Post
I know all those places!

I'm from Ida (NOT mt. Ida) my mother is from Mt. View and her whole family still lives in Stone county. We have land in Stone and Cleburne county. And my family owns a convenience store in Ida (Fletcher's Grocery) we also sell Non-ethanol gas if y'all need some of the 'good stuff'.

I graduated from Arkansas Tech in Russellville in 2012, then moved here to Marion to work. I'm a mechanical engineer for a conveyor company. We design, fab., install, and service conveyors for automotive companies.

That's about it....I hunt and fish and work. We used to own cattle until a land dispute forced us to sell to pay lawyers. Hope to have some more someday. I like Herefords, but our last bunch was Longhorns and while ornery, they make up for it with coolness.


That's about it for me, anything else, just ask.

James AKA "Six"
Six shooter, welcome aboard.

Jake
__________________

__________________
2016 Thor Hurricane 27K, CHF so far, 2008 HHR TOAD
Jake & Mary Ann (SWMBO), Bonnie & Clyde (Mostly Chihuahua's)
Smelling the roses, tasting the wine, and now chasing the rainbow (RVM141)
Retired-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 9 (5 members and 4 guests)
daveandcarol, Diwizi, MZCRUDE, Papawto5, PTJeep
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.