Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2016, 07:46 PM   #58143

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Fat quarters are 18" x 22". A full yard is 36" x 44", so a regular 1/4 yard would be 9" x 44". A fat quarter is the 36" x 44" piece cut in four pieces.

Dalmatian fabric? Wowza. This is our boy, Indigo.
Attachment 135686
So you have 2 doggies?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2016, 07:47 PM   #58144

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ Thanks Wayne...
Old 08-11-2016, 08:15 PM   #58145

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ha Jim and Paula, we will be ready! We always are ready to meet new mutants! Looking forward to next week. We will dispel all your fears about meeting Arkies! We actually do wear shoes!

Well we're not sure about Di, she's a real rebel!

They know me....hahaha

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:24 PM   #58146

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinthebus View Post
Check at the track. They have to plug all the driver's Prevost s in somewhere.
Thanks for the tip! D'ya think we'd fit in there amongst the Prevosts? No stainless steel on our rig! 😉

The drive over was lovely: 20 miles of hilly, rolling highway alternating amongst forests, farmland, and hamlets. Watkins Glen sits at the southern end of one of the Finger Lakes, with a steep, winding climb in and out of town. And a Walmart. 😂
Old 08-11-2016, 08:29 PM   #58147

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
My sister is into sewing big time still, here's a pic of her sewing room. She makes lots of crafty things with her skills and sells them at fairs and such. Wish I had some of that in me, would be good full-timing but I don't know how I'd fit all the stuff she has into an RV!!! What you don't see is her wall of spools of thread! That stand on one of the machines is probably 1/10 of what she has
What a space! I'm in awe of her organizational skills, never mind the scope of her supplies. Take a look at jfjr's toy hauler and Paula's setup when you get a chance. It's amazing.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:31 PM   #58148

Quote:
I'm game. My wife will tell you I have more fabric than a normal store. Which might be an exaggeration. Or maybe not...
Stash breeds stash when yer back is turned. Especially rabbit-themed fabrics. 🙄
Old 08-11-2016, 08:33 PM   #58149

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Notice nobody is sitting close to the fire.... 🤗
Old 08-11-2016, 08:34 PM   #58150

Quote:
Fat quarters are 18" x 22". A full yard is 36" x 44", so a regular 1/4 yard would be 9" x 44". A fat quarter is the 36" x 44" piece cut in four pieces.

Dalmatian fabric? Wowza. This is our boy, Indigo.
Attachment 135686
Indigo is an extremely handsome fella!
Old 08-11-2016, 08:41 PM   #58151

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Ok... for those who are not on FB... here's the report from the sinus surgeon followup.

It didn't go as I hoped but was not unexpected. 2 injections to the posterior and 21 days of antibiotics - and another appointment with the surgeon on the 17th. Sinus infection and a polyp coming back. Good news remains - the septum is healing - not a perfect fix but good and the pathology was negative. Even in this condition, I'm better than I was. Hopefully the meds do the trick.

I am getting so antsy to move. If he keeps me here any longer I will probably take Bonita to the shop again just to have the drive time. Most fun I've had lately is driving to the shop. Oh the humanity!
I'm so sorry it didn't all go to 100%! Better is better, though, and I'm happy for that. Wish you and Annie were able to be here instead of stuck in place! It won't be the same without you two. Ommms for better news to come.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:57 PM   #58152

Quilt fabric swap: (all others avert your eyes!) So far I have Elizabeth, Deb, Denise, Paula, and myself as interested in swapping and Diane, Colleen, and Barb interested in donating fabrics.

What say we exchange fat quarters? The 5 of us plus one from each donator will give us 8 fabrics to work with. The pieces would not have to be all the same.

I'm so bad, I'd rather not commit to exchanging finished blocks. We can share photos later and enjoy the different ways we've put them together.

As for theme, if we want one: dots & stripes have been suggested, along with sea & sand, water, Civil War. What say you there? Themed fabrics or potluck?

I'm doing like Di: keeping a lust ... er, list.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:09 PM   #58153

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
I'm so sorry it didn't all go to 100%! Better is better, though, and I'm happy for that. Wish you and Annie were able to be here instead of stuck in place! It won't be the same without you two. Ommms for better news to come.
Hearts, flowers and hugs Sue.
We shall see.

If I get to a place where it can be managed and no infections I'll be more than a happy camper!
Old 08-11-2016, 09:11 PM   #58154

Again with the fabrics: I'd love some cat fabric from Colleen, monkeys from Barb, and summa dat pink baby print from Di.

I imagine it should be said that these all need to be woven cotton fabrics suitable for quilting ... unless someone has a better idea? Slick rayons or denims or upholstery fabrics might be a bit tricky to incorporate with lighter cloths! 😉
Old 08-12-2016, 12:06 AM   #58155

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Quilt fabric swap: (all others avert your eyes!) So far I have Elizabeth, Deb, Denise, Paula, and myself as interested in swapping and Diane, Colleen, and Barb interested in donating fabrics.

What say we exchange fat quarters? The 5 of us plus one from each donator will give us 8 fabrics to work with. The pieces would not have to be all the same.

I'm so bad, I'd rather not commit to exchanging finished blocks. We can share photos later and enjoy the different ways we've put them together.

As for theme, if we want one: dots & stripes have been suggested, along with sea & sand, water, Civil War. What say you there? Themed fabrics or potluck?

I'm doing like Di: keeping a lust ... er, list.
What I have, to the best of my memory, is yards of fabric, but all monkey themed. Anyone wanting pics and best guess of type fabric send me your email address.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:43 AM   #58156

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Ok... for those who are not on FB... here's the report from the sinus surgeon followup.

It didn't go as I hoped but was not unexpected. 2 injections to the posterior and 21 days of antibiotics - and another appointment with the surgeon on the 17th. Sinus infection and a polyp coming back. Good news remains - the septum is healing - not a perfect fix but good and the pathology was negative. Even in this condition, I'm better than I was. Hopefully the meds do the trick.

I am getting so antsy to move. If he keeps me here any longer I will probably take Bonita to the shop again just to have the drive time. Most fun I've had lately is driving to the shop. Oh the humanity!

Thanks for the update.

We miss you here, but feel your spirit as we gather.

Continue to improve, the rainbow needs you!

Richard & Ann, RVM # 110, Have a Spoiled Chihuahua, Home in Arkansas, Love to geocache, travel (Class B ERA) & enjoy grandkids..

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote