Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-17-2016, 06:27 PM   #58381
Senior Member
 
romin roman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Thanks Marty and All for the Ommms. I am free to roam the rainbow again! Yippee!

The injections and antibiotics have me in great shape. So nice to be able to breath again.

Soooooo GLAD. Roll baby roll!!!



Richard & Ann, RVM # 110, Have a Spoiled Chihuahua, Home in Arkansas, Love to geocache, travel (Class B ERA) & enjoy grandkids..
__________________

__________________

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2016, 06:34 PM   #58382
RVM99
 
bokobird's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: CT S&B
Posts: 2,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Attachment 136240
Schoodic Point was very nice indeed. Mother Nature just showing off. The Pickled Wrinkle in Birch Harbor was outstanding. Fish and chips for me and lobstah roll for DW.
Hey, I went there today too! Guess we missed each other


Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Acadia was (and still is) on our list....

Thanks for the pic Dave!
Nola - nice chatting with you today!
Good, I'll be glad to meet you here the next time you plan to come this way!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0408.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	136276  
__________________

__________________
Carl
'07 Newmar KSDP3916 w/Hydralift carrying '06 FLHX, '15 Chevy Equinox, Blue Ox Alpha, RVibrake2
With the birds...
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:39 PM   #58383
Senior Member
 
Possum's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cherry Creek, BC Canada
Posts: 7,156
Were the names changed to protect the guilty???

Canadian vacations end for two Texans who brought guns along on separate trips | Globalnews.ca

To the best of my knowledge there are signs all along the roads leading to a border crossing access point stating you can't bring weapons into Canada. I am not in favor of our archaic laws but they are our laws.

They are both lucky they didn't lose everything they had with them as this is one option the crown has in cases such as these.

Side note: I thought there would be a Tim, A Dave, a Martin or some familiar names in the article.
__________________
Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:13 PM   #58384
RVM141
 
Retired-Jake's Avatar


 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Back in Tucson
Posts: 219
All the work is done here at the Thor factory. I have to say it was not a bad experience. We were treated very well, the work was done quickly and correctly, the people were pleasant and a few small added items were tackled with good grace. The ladder that did not make it on the truck was done anyway. They sent someone to the vendor and picked up the ladder, brought it back and installed it today. Our technician, Ed, was polite, efficient, and a great person to talk to. Kim O'Brien, the service writer, went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of and to answer any questions.

So, off tomorrow to spend a few days in northern Michigan, then to South Bend on Tuesday for Ford to take a look at the front end to see if they can determine where the shimmy is coming from. After that, we really are heading for the OBX.

Jake
__________________
2016 Thor Hurricane 27K, CHF so far, 2008 HHR TOAD
Jake & Mary Ann (SWMBO), Bonnie & Clyde (Mostly Chihuahua's)
Smelling the roses, tasting the wine, and now chasing the rainbow (RVM141)
Retired-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:45 PM   #58385
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired-Jake View Post
All the work is done here at the Thor factory. I have to say it was not a bad experience. We were treated very well, the work was done quickly and correctly, the people were pleasant and a few small added items were tackled with good grace. The ladder that did not make it on the truck was done anyway. They sent someone to the vendor and picked up the ladder, brought it back and installed it today. Our technician, Ed, was polite, efficient, and a great person to talk to. Kim O'Brien, the service writer, went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of and to answer any questions.

So, off tomorrow to spend a few days in northern Michigan, then to South Bend on Tuesday for Ford to take a look at the front end to see if they can determine where the shimmy is coming from. After that, we really are heading for the OBX.

Jake
Who is this? Give us Jake back.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:08 PM   #58386
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 5,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Can't imagine waking up to that every morning.
I'd be wishing for extreme nearsightedness if my ceiling had those mirrors.
__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F & 2012 Smart Car toad, 272 watt solar system
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:16 PM   #58387
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,642
RVMoon is in full glory tonight. Perhaps a ponder to portend a glorious RVMooning around the bend. Be there - west coast, next year, same time, same thread. Same mutant station.

Campfire.... Hello Maine. Come in Maine!
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:17 PM   #58388
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I'd be wishing for extreme nearsightedness if my ceiling had those mirrors.
Any takers on the 2 sites that came open for Oregon Mooning and Crooning (if Possum makes it)...
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:19 PM   #58389
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 5,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Were the names changed to protect the guilty???

Canadian vacations end for two Texans who brought guns along on separate trips | Globalnews.ca

To the best of my knowledge there are signs all along the roads leading to a border crossing access point stating you can't bring weapons into Canada. I am not in favor of our archaic laws but they are our laws.

They are both lucky they didn't lose everything they had with them as this is one option the crown has in cases such as these.

Side note: I thought there would be a Tim, A Dave, a Martin or some familiar names in the article.
Those guns were found in a secondary inspection. Imagine how many actually get thru. You can't even bring in pepper spray? How do you Canucks chase away bears without guns or bear spray?
__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F & 2012 Smart Car toad, 272 watt solar system
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:24 PM   #58390
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Those guns were found in a secondary inspection. Imagine how many actually get thru. You can't even bring in pepper spray? How do you Canucks chase away bears without guns or bear spray?
Add some bells and I think there's a joke in there.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:26 PM   #58391
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 5,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Any takers on the 2 sites that came open for Oregon Mooning and Crooning (if Possum makes it)...
Not that I heard about. I pity any non Mutants that are booked in with us. Chances are they'd have to convert just to survive. Laurie Is excited about having us there. I understand she has had some interesting phone conversations.
__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F & 2012 Smart Car toad, 272 watt solar system
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:00 PM   #58392
RVM99
 
bokobird's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: CT S&B
Posts: 2,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
RVMoon is in full glory tonight. Perhaps a ponder to portend a glorious RVMooning around the bend. Be there - west coast, next year, same time, same thread. Same mutant station.

Campfire.... Hello Maine. Come in Maine!
We had ourselves a camp fiya, eh?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0152.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	242.0 KB
ID:	136304  
__________________
Carl
'07 Newmar KSDP3916 w/Hydralift carrying '06 FLHX, '15 Chevy Equinox, Blue Ox Alpha, RVibrake2
With the birds...
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:08 PM   #58393
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
We had ourselves a camp fiya, eh?
Arrrhhh... looking good muties!
I think when Ed was growing up he stacked his Lincoln Logs into campfires. Nice one!
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:09 PM   #58394
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
We had ourselves a camp fiya, eh?
I'm thinking I need to get some certificates printed up!
__________________

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 9 (3 members and 6 guests)
MPH, Papawto5, romin roman
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.