Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2016, 10:57 AM   #58843

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Better photo

Attachment 137837

Website....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_River_Road

The Great River Road – The Best Drive in America - Experience Missisippi River

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Are you attempting to give some credence to your photography and thereby create a Revival??
Don't believe the propaganda posted around there you have to go further north to find the headwaters.
Attached Images

Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2016, 11:30 AM   #58844

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Are you attempting to give some credence to your photography and thereby create a Revival??
Don't believe the propaganda posted around there you have to go further north to find the headwaters.

Lol..... This is close enough....

It actually saddens me to see my great river be this little and insignificant.....
My parents were born and lived blocks from the great river.... It is one of the widest points at Helena, Arkansas... Growing up we only had a ferry, there is a bridge since 1962. I remember a ferry for trains, named the Pelican.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:30 AM   #58845

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
This is one of my Grand Children and her father (my son) along with a maternal side aunt,Melinda Urquhart. They are in the little town Vegreville Alberta, which claims the world's largest Easter Egg and its located along highway 16 in the northern part of the province.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brianna and Chris.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	137859  
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:29 PM   #58846

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
This is one of my Grand Children and her father (my son) along with a maternal side aunt,Melinda Urquhart. They are in the little town Vegreville Alberta, which claims the world's largest Easter Egg and its located along highway 16 in the northern part of the province.
Does everyone have something growing out of their head?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:56 PM   #58847

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ran into a couple of mutants in Paola KS today. Food was involved. Guess what kind Dave.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1472849777246.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	137906   Click image for larger version

Name:	1472849789897.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	137907  

Name:	1472849811406.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	137909  
Old 09-02-2016, 06:23 PM   #58848

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Us too if we are there...

I didn't include y'all cause I knew you were gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Ran into a couple of mutants in Paola KS today. Food was involved. Guess what kind Dave.
What a gathering of mutants!
Old 09-02-2016, 06:30 PM   #58849

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Everywhere I go, I see the same wonderful people!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1472862609727.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	137926  
Old 09-02-2016, 06:54 PM   #58850
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Hi Wayne. So you are going to be pressurised to buy a new BMW? We have a similar ongoing situation here. Our '09 Genesis has recently being going flat on us overnight. I suspected the relatively new battery was going bad so I took it to the dealer yesterday. After a long wait, I'm told the battery is good but there is a small (3mA) draw which will take some time to track down. Justin, our service writer, knows about our problems with mice infesting the cabin air ducting and gives me a degree of concern as to the cause of the current draw. Anyway, he tells me he will give me a loaner (one of the perks of being a Genesis owner) and, since the only one available is, in his opinion, too small, he will give me a new Genesis off the lot. I had to undergo a bit of sales talk before I left and, no doubt, will have to suffer some more when I return. I don't know why but he really wants to buy our old car! I have to say that I am totally underwhelmed by the new car.

Re your problem with the Lincoln, have you considered fitting a Toad Charger? Then you wouldn't have to stop every two hours (unless, that is, you have other reasons to do so)

TTFN
Hi Martin,
I wouldn't think that 3ma would be detrimental to a battery unless it was very long term. I wouldn't be surprised if 3ma was just maintaining the instrument cluster. But hey, what do I know.

I got my car back today and the battery was bad. In retrospect my Battery Minder charger was hot when I had it on charging the battery for about an hour. It never go hot before so that was a probably an indication. I think the battery was failing for some time now. Anyhow the fixed it and no charge to me.

As for the Beemer - no way. It was the Beemer something 3 suv. Seats were uncomfortable and it didn't not even have a backup alarm of any type. Heck, Earlene's 2004 TC has a ding ding backup alarm. I think the Beemer is a youngster's car. I'll take my Lincoln MKX over the Beemer.

Yes, I have been wanting a charge line for some time now. I'm going to call the installer (Smitty) of my AF1 and see if he will do it. Just need to be home for a little while.

Noticed a seam separation on the big awning. I'll have it take off and take it to the Sail Maker up the road and have it re-sewn.

Keep your old car - it's paid for, right? Let Sue spend your money on goodies she wants. If you want something, just get her permission.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 06:55 PM   #58851

Quote:
Does everyone have something growing out of their head?
Only Canuckies, maybe?
Old 09-02-2016, 07:00 PM   #58852

Quote:
BBQ I get, given the location, but is that okra I see before me? Yummm.

And mutant folk of the highest order, of course. Well, mosta dem, anyways. 😇
Old 09-02-2016, 07:26 PM   #58853

Fleetwood Owners Club
RVM 66 checking with in with an Announcement

We are finally ON THE RAINBOW FULL TIME! S&B is sold, officially presented the new owner with the SNOW SHOVEL (may I never see the accursed thing again) and the lawn mower (theirs was stolen 2 weeks ago). All the stuff is in storage and we are currently in a campground just east of Indianapolis IN. Mail is forwarded to my daughter's house for now. Still doing the w*rk thing for another month or so (tired of the job but like the paycheck), then we head Southwest for the winter.

Last few days of moving out were not much fun (and we dodged a lawsuit), but that's a story for another time.

WELCOME all the new people, was off line for several days and FINALLY caught up tonight...

Now to get Verizon to up our data plan, wi-fi here is not good...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:05 PM   #58854

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

.........Keep your old car - it's paid for, right? Let Sue spend your money on goodies she wants. If you want something, just get her permission.
Update on the current draw issue. I'm told 3mA draw is equivalent to leaving the radio on. The draw should not be greater than 0.3mA. to keep the clock ticking. Anyhow, it wasn't the mice chewing wires, they tracked the fault down to corrosion in a multipin connector, under the fuse box - we think it may be due to mouse pee as that's the area where they have been living. I'll send them a bill for the $400 it cost us.
I fitted an RVi Toad Charger myself to the Jeep. Good piece of kit and an easy install. You will, of course, need an extra wire in the umbilical if you don't have one already.
Shame about the BMW, I can just imagine you tooling around in that. We were glad to get back in our old Genny - just like putting on some favorite old gloves. Man, what a silky V8 that has!
TTFN
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:42 PM   #58855

Vintage RV Owners Club
That was at the BBQ Shack for Lunch, and then in the evening, Beethoven's German food... Steve left with boxes both times! He's hot on my tail in losing weight... no wonder, he can make a regular meal last for 2 meals! I took a picture of him with his new hairdo... but my phone died and when I went to find it and post I couldn't find it so I am thinking it didn't get saved... bummer... He's looking good! He breathes real good now too! More hugs to Annie! She's a trooper!
Old 09-02-2016, 09:24 PM   #58856

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Sue... it was indeed fried okra. Not house breadedd in my opinon but good. The Q was good and the house hot sausage was very good but not hot. Of course I can't be sure of that because I had the appetizer - Hot Chicharones (habenaro hot...!) Oh the humanity!

And while I typically don't sauce my Q, I did sample the 3 versions of house sauce. They were quite good, but I still prefer the naked Q. I would dip about anything else in any of them. Thumbs up for sure.

Triple D rating stands.

Chicharones