Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2016, 08:44 AM   #59249

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
I have been so afraid to post. Being the Notorious Thread Killer I am, I didn't want to be the final poster on this thread!

Just walked in from helping son load a 900lb bull in a trailer, taking the bull in for a checkup and sperm count. He has lots of work ahead of him. Got to clean my boots, got to go in to w@&k today. Later muteys!

Did you take the bull by the HORNS, or the other end??

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2016, 08:58 AM   #59250
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Did you take the bull by the HORNS, or the other end??
I think he's just giving us a lot of bull.

bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:57 AM   #59251
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I think he's just giving us a lot of bull.
And I bet he encountered plenty of bull ship on those boots.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 11:17 AM   #59252
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Can ya believe it... Grace won it.
How does a 12 year old do Las Vegas. Personally I think others on there were better than she is. Voters were age sympathizers. IMHO

Quote:
I have been so afraid to post. Being the Notorious Thread Killer I am, I didn't want to be the final poster on this thread!

Just walked in from helping son load a 900lb bull in a trailer, taking the bull in for a checkup and sperm count. He has lots of work ahead of him. Got to clean my boots, got to go in to w@&k today. Later muteys!
Dang Tim, I didn't know you weight that much. Should give up my title?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:19 PM   #59253

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
How does a 12 year old do Las Vegas. Personally I think others on there were better than she is. Voters were age sympathizers. IMHO

She'll only do a 10 week show, not a lifetime like Wayne Newton.

So yes, there was plenty of great talent there but I can't name anyone I liked better. She was my pick from day one. So who do you think was better?

Comedian Mime Tape Face
Magician Jon Dorenbos
Juggler Viktor Kee
Opera Singer Laura Bretan
Singer Grace Vanderwaal
Crooner Sal Valentinetti
Contorionist Sofie Dossi
Singer Brian Justin Crum
Vocal Group Linkiní Bridge
Mentalists The Clairvoyants

I voted for Grace. Annie wasn't as enamored as I. She felt 12 years old was too young for Vegas. But when you think about it - it's really just an Americans Got Talent extension and an opportunity for fans to actually see the winner live.

To me, Tape Face, Jon D., Victor K., Sal V., and the Clairvoyants are sort Vegas Acts to begin with and will likely find work coming their way. They are all great at what they do.

Laura Bretan is probably the best opera voice to come along in a good long time. But expecting America to vote Opera as the winner seemed a stretch to me. But, she put a light on opera that many Americans would otherwise not see or hear. Her future is assured. Getting to the finals was huge for her and opera.

But I think Grace really has something special. I wish her well.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:57 PM   #59254
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Can ya believe it... Grace won it.

Quote:

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 01:16 PM   #59255
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
She'll only do a 10 week show, not a lifetime like Wayne Newton.

So yes, there was plenty of great talent there but I can't name anyone I liked better. She was my pick from day one. So who do you think was better?

Comedian Mime Tape Face
Magician Jon Dorenbos
Juggler Viktor Kee
Opera Singer Laura Bretan
Singer Grace Vanderwaal
Crooner Sal Valentinetti
Contorionist Sofie Dossi
Singer Brian Justin Crum
Vocal Group Linkiní Bridge
Mentalists The Clairvoyants

I voted for Grace. Annie wasn't as enamored as I. She felt 12 years old was too young for Vegas. But when you think about it - it's really just an Americans Got Talent extension and an opportunity for fans to actually see the winner live.

To me, Tape Face, Jon D., Victor K., Sal V., and the Clairvoyants are sort Vegas Acts to begin with and will likely find work coming their way. They are all great at what they do.

Laura Bretan is probably the best opera voice to come along in a good long time. But expecting America to vote Opera as the winner seemed a stretch to me. But, she put a light on opera that many Americans would otherwise not see or hear. Her future is assured. Getting to the finals was huge for her and opera.

But I think Grace really has something special. I wish her well.
10 weeks? I think it's only 3 days and she's been performing in front of audiences in the NY/Peekskill area. Being 12 has nothing to do with her talent since she's written and performed all the songs that allowed her to win. In fact one song she wrote between shows and still killed it.

Here's my take on all the acts:

Comedian Mime Tape Face - real original comedy, doesn't matter if you like it or not, but his act was his.

Magician Jon Dorenbos - seriously? Those tricks all looked purchased.

Juggler Viktor Kee - another original act, if only he didn't drop his balls.

Opera Singer Laura Bretan - opera is a niche, very hard to get the votes. Also, she won the "Romanian" version of AGT so to win here in America, well, I'll leave the politics out...

Singer Grace Vanderwaal - #1

Crooner Sal Valentinetti - My mom liked him and I liked him in the sense that he brings back that style of music which was good.

Contorionist Sofie Dossi - Amazing act but I guess not popular enough.

Singer Brian Justin Crum - Another great singer but his originality was taking others songs and changing them up. If he wrote some of that music it would have been another story I bet.

Vocal Group Linkiní Bridge - Great vocal group, just couldn't muster the following.

Mentalists The Clairvoyants - true Vegas act and perhaps they'll be able to book one now being in 2nd place. Personally I think it's hard to win with a magic act, but they almost proved that wrong.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 01:29 PM   #59256

Maybe my fellow mutants can help me sort out my feelings concerning the decision my sister (2 years older than me) has decided is best for her.

Sandy has decided to refuse treatment and nourishment during her current stay in the hospital. Hospice seems to be on the horizon.

For at least the last 10 years, Sandy has 1) a major stroke that left the left side of her body useless, 2) a major heart attack, 3) a couple of "mini" strokes, 4) homebound or a patient in rehab facilities and more recently bedridden in nursing homes, 5) a couple of bouts with pneumonia per year (probably caused by asperating liquids into her lungs, 6) etc., etc.

I don't want her to die but life has offered little enjoyment for the last several years. Her only living son has immense health issues also and he has been the most dedicated caregiver known to man. He is exhausted, scared, and angry at the prospect of losing his mom.

I told her son, Ron, that it is best to support the decision made by his mother and to know that she is ready to give up the battle. That everyone has the right to determine their own destiny. He agreed with that a little bit. I think.

Pray for peace during this time of tormenting circumstances. Thanx in advance for your prayers, kind thoughts, and ohms from a fellow mutant.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 01:41 PM   #59257

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
10 weeks? I think it's only 3 days and she's been performing in front of audiences in the NY/Peekskill area. Being 12 has nothing to do with her talent since she's written and performed all the songs that allowed her to win. In fact one song she wrote between shows and still killed it.

Here's my take on all the acts:

Comedian Mime Tape Face - real original comedy, doesn't matter if you like it or not, but his act was his.

Magician Jon Dorenbos - seriously? Those tricks all looked purchased.

Juggler Viktor Kee - another original act, if only he didn't drop his balls.

Opera Singer Laura Bretan - opera is a niche, very hard to get the votes. Also, she won the "Romanian" version of AGT so to win here in America, well, I'll leave the politics out...

Singer Grace Vanderwaal - #1

Crooner Sal Valentinetti - My mom liked him and I liked him in the sense that he brings back that style of music which was good.

Contorionist Sofie Dossi - Amazing act but I guess not popular enough.

Singer Brian Justin Crum - Another great singer but his originality was taking others songs and changing them up. If he wrote some of that music it would have been another story I bet.

Vocal Group Linkiní Bridge - Great vocal group, just couldn't muster the following.

Mentalists The Clairvoyants - true Vegas act and perhaps they'll be able to book one now being in 2nd place. Personally I think it's hard to win with a magic act, but they almost proved that wrong.
Last night I read 10 weeks. There is now a 3 nights on the books at Planet Hollywood with the Clairvoyants. Not sure of that's all or not. A little disappointed to read it's a 40 year annuity with a cash option like a lotto ticket.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:53 PM   #59258
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Maybe my fellow mutants can help me sort out my feelings concerning the decision my sister (2 years older than me) has decided is best for her.

Sandy has decided to refuse treatment and nourishment during her current stay in the hospital. Hospice seems to be on the horizon.

For at least the last 10 years, Sandy has 1) a major stroke that left the left side of her body useless, 2) a major heart attack, 3) a couple of "mini" strokes, 4) homebound or a patient in rehab facilities and more recently bedridden in nursing homes, 5) a couple of bouts with pneumonia per year (probably caused by asperating liquids into her lungs, 6) etc., etc.

I don't want her to die but life has offered little enjoyment for the last several years. Her only living son has immense health issues also and he has been the most dedicated caregiver known to man. He is exhausted, scared, and angry at the prospect of losing his mom.

I told her son, Ron, that it is best to support the decision made by his mother and to know that she is ready to give up the battle. That everyone has the right to determine their own destiny. He agreed with that a little bit. I think.

Pray for peace during this time of tormenting circumstances. Thanx in advance for your prayers, kind thoughts, and ohms from a fellow mutant.
Steve, our hearts go out to you and to Ron. Kate and I both worked in hospice and understand how immeasurably difficult those decisions can be. We must all face them one day.

But allowing your sister/Ron's mom, to determine her path is the most loving gift you can give her, as you already understand. I don't know how many families I talked with who wanted their loved one's life prolonged, no matter what that meant in terms of mental, emotional and physical pain for the patient. It should be about the patient, not about us. I have seen far to many people hang on and suffer untold agony, just because their loved ones could not let them go. It's heart breaking.

Your wisdom, faith and love are serving you and your family well now, in a terribly difficult time. Shalom. May your heart be comforted by all the love pouring out to you right now.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:56 PM   #59259
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
A ponderance for our Rainbow Riding:

Reconnoiter.
How can you "re"connoiter if you have not first connoited?

If I must determine a route, I connoit it. If I must re-consider the route, I reconnoit.
Reconnoiter is the act of connoiting again; repeating the connoit....as it were.

Same applies with reconnaissance. Connaissance happens first.

But, I digress.......
See, Mutants? This is why Dave is the Grand Poobah and we are merely lowly subjects.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:01 PM   #59260

Quote:
. . . .

I can only voice my last wishes & instructions to my family... Keep me out of pain & let me go without heroic recovery attempts...

I dont know of anything I can say to make it easier for you.

Many Ohhmmmsss for your entire family during this difficult time...

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 02:12 PM   #59261

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

Steve... sorry to hear this as losing loved ones is so hard. It does seem to me that you have it as well sorted as it can be. When my aunt Bonita decided not to go through another round of Chemo, it was her contentment and assurance that it was the right thing for her that made me comfortable. Over the years with remissions, she had fought and won again and again. Only she knows what that fight was really like and what it took to go on, and she knew it wasn't in her to do it again. I suspect Sandy knows too.

What you asked for, prayers, kind thoughts and Omms - you, sis, and entire family have them many times over.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:08 PM   #59262

The ommmmmssss generator is at high speed for you Steve and Mary Ann, I know it won't be easy, but your sister knows what she has to endure. I and Marcia are sending you support and prayers that Sandy and Ron and all the rest of you can find peace at this time. Life is a journey ... and very seldom easy.

PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote