Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-20-2016, 11:22 AM   #59375
RVM141
 
Retired-Jake's Avatar


 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Back in Tucson
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixShooter14 View Post
Wow...many ohms headed yall's way
X2

Jake
__________________

__________________
2016 Thor Hurricane 27K, CHF so far, 2008 HHR TOAD
Jake & Mary Ann (SWMBO), Bonnie & Clyde (Mostly Chihuahua's)
Smelling the roses, tasting the wine, and now chasing the rainbow (RVM141)
Retired-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2016, 11:23 AM   #59376
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 3,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Quick request for prayers, ohms, whatever...Elijah and Little William's daddy was arrested this afternoon for bank robbery. He is on a 24 hour hold. A federal agent will decide tomorrow if they have enough evidence to prosecute. This is not something consistent with his character...and we cannot speak with him to see if he is in his right mind. Sara, his wife, is hysterical. Too much. We are very confused and concerned. (Of the 4 boys...he is one of the 2 most like his daddy...strong morals, calm, capable...etc. not naughty like their mom...)
All the ommms I have, coming your way. It's a dreadful shock, I do know, and waiting that 24 hours one of the most difficult things to do. Like others, I pray this is mistaken identity and soon past. Ommms for the whole family, strength & calm especially for Sara, as you all support each other through this.
__________________

__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furface Betsy Alopicia. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:08 PM   #59377
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89
 
MPH's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Posts: 1,938
Marty, I was just kayaking down a beautiful creek and kept thinking about your ordeal and how crazy hings happen that we can't explain... How we can get smacked with a bolt from outta the blue at any time ... And how some things just cannot be understood or explained ....

You all have been smacked by a bolt and are probably still so numb right now that you can't see straight. Its hard to know the right words to say to you... So, I send more ohmmmms and prayers and loving thoughts your way, along with all the others from your Mutant family. I know we all hope to hear the best outcome.... But whatever the outcome is, you remain in our hearts and always our Mutant sister.
M
__________________
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:28 PM   #59378
RVM99
 
bokobird's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: CT S&B
Posts: 2,061
The Fruit Co. Rocks

I sold my nephew an older 17" laptop (Apple) years back, a 2011 model (I probably bought a 2012 or 2013) and he's been using it but it had this one issue with overheating. Well, it finally croaked a couple weeks ago and I had happened to read an article about Apple recalling 2011 laptops that overheated. I told my nephew to bring it to the Geniuses and see what they said. Well, it failed the test (good thing) and they said they'd fix it. He got it back today with a brand new logic board (the main motherboard), all for the price of driving there and back. e.g., FREE! It's all back working again and doesn't overheat either!
__________________
Carl
'07 Newmar KSDP3916 w/Hydralift carrying '06 FLHX, '15 Chevy Equinox, Blue Ox Alpha, RVibrake2
With the birds...
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 03:00 PM   #59379
Senior Member
 
virginiamtns's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 668
Good golly, I'm glad to not be driving today. After a wonderful trip to the beach (and reservations for two weeks next September made and paid for), we had 400 miles to drive. Well, I had to drive. Mary, not so much. My poor hands went numb, but at least all was well at home when we returned. The dogs that stayed home were glad to see us!

For anyone that cares to join us, we will be at Pirateland in Surfside Beach, South Carolina from September 16th to October 1, 2017. We really enjoyed it there. The staff was unobtrusive, the rules are common sense, and we didn't have constant driving around on golf carts at all hours of the morning. We were oceanfront, first spot on the road, with a nice paved pad, a grassy fenced area and 40 yards to the beach.

Unfortunately, back to the four letter word yesterday, but had to be two hours away from home at o'dark early. Oh, the humanity! Then, I rushed home to get my new iPhone (they won't deliver without a signature), and missed the UPS guy by 11 minutes. So, I had to wait until 7:00pm and go to the truck depot/service center thingy. I'm so glad I don't do that for a living. That place was like a rabbit warren of packages whizzing by on conveyor belts and into trucks. Truly, I'm surprised anything makes it where it's going.

So, fruit phone is all good, after an hour on the phone with Verizon. Then I updated my Apple Watch OS, and the fun started, and I was NOT HAPPY! However, all is now well, just a lot of stuff to get adjusted to at once.

For those that need them, ooohhhmms and peace.
__________________
Elizabeth RVM55 and Mary
2014 Thor Ace 30.1
2014 Chevy Equinox V6 LTZ AWD
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 03:03 PM   #59380
Senior Member
 
virginiamtns's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Quick request for prayers, ohms, whatever...Elijah and Little William's daddy was arrested this afternoon for bank robbery. He is on a 24 hour hold. A federal agent will decide tomorrow if they have enough evidence to prosecute. This is not something consistent with his character...and we cannot speak with him to see if he is in his right mind. Sara, his wife, is hysterical. Too much. We are very confused and concerned. (Of the 4 boys...he is one of the 2 most like his daddy...strong morals, calm, capable...etc. not naughty like their mom...)
I sure hope this is sorted out quickly. Oohhhmms for everyone involved.
__________________
Elizabeth RVM55 and Mary
2014 Thor Ace 30.1
2014 Chevy Equinox V6 LTZ AWD
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:47 PM   #59381
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,442
Somedays are just better than others.
Some mutants out drinking wine, some kayaking, some hitting the lottery or at least getting a new laptop and others with some tragically bad news. Well maybe you'll enjoy my day.

Started early, trying to get started and done while it's still cool. Loaded my tractor up and headed to our deer camp. Had just a little more bushhoging to do before season gets here. Friend who had helped with my deer stand ask that I also cut around one of his stands, not a problem. I figure I had maybe an hour worth of work at my stand and maybe 30 min at his.

15 minutes into working on my stand I was ready to cross the creek. A creek that I cross every year. Every year and no trouble. Till now! Pulled down into creek and immediately sunk! I worked for a couple of hours pushing with front loader, twisting and turning but no sign that it was coming out. I climbed off onto bank about to give up when I remembered the phrase "Never give up, Never Surrender " . Well truth is my truck was parked a LONG walk through the woods, there was no one else at camp plus no cell signal down in the bottoms.

So I started cutting saplings, a limb pruning sheers was all I had with me, stuffing as many as I could around the tires. Back on the tractor and more backing and rocking. Finally I was able to get out, soaking wet, tired, hot and thirsty. Drove straight to my truck for water and rest in shade when another member drives up pulling his camper. Not knowing the ordeal I had just had he stops and ask if I could help him back his camper in. And I did. Visited with him a while when I realized I still had bushhoging to do so this time I stayed far away from any creeks. Worked another hour cutting and finally loaded up and made it home.

Some days are just better than others!
So how was your day!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:29 PM   #59382
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 5,319
Tim, I feel for you! It sounds like many of my days. Today, however has been pretty tame. Just helping do some final clean out and clean up of DD's house. Hopefully I haven't spoken too soon. It's only 4:30 here on the west coast. Sena still has time to ruin today.
__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F & 2012 Smart Car toad, 272 watt solar system
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:47 PM   #59383
RVM1
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 12,889
Blog Entries: 1
R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Tim, I feel for you! It sounds like many of my days. Today, however has been pretty tame. Just helping do some final clean out and clean up of DD's house. Hopefully I haven't spoken too soon. It's only 4:30 here on the west coast. Sena still has time to ruin today.

In my mind, Sena doesn't ruin a day, she just puncuates it. But skillfully! Hence, her grin
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:49 PM   #59384
RVM1
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 12,889
Blog Entries: 1
Tim, having experienced many similar experiences, I understand. But I don't covet your day at all.
Go wash up. Time fer dinner
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:51 PM   #59385
RVM1
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 12,889
Blog Entries: 1
Marty, my hopes and prayers are with you and all of your family.
Faith shall help us all
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:03 PM   #59386
RVM141
 
Retired-Jake's Avatar


 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Back in Tucson
Posts: 219
Tim, welcome to the club. I have had a few like that over the years. Today, however, was very kind to me. The wine was excellent.

Jake
__________________
2016 Thor Hurricane 27K, CHF so far, 2008 HHR TOAD
Jake & Mary Ann (SWMBO), Bonnie & Clyde (Mostly Chihuahua's)
Smelling the roses, tasting the wine, and now chasing the rainbow (RVM141)
Retired-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:43 PM   #59387
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89
 
MPH's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Posts: 1,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Somedays are just better than others.
Some mutants out drinking wine, some kayaking, some hitting the lottery or at least getting a new laptop and others with some tragically bad news. Well maybe you'll enjoy my day.

Started early, trying to get started and done while it's still cool. Loaded my tractor up and headed to our deer camp. Had just a little more bushhoging to do before season gets here. Friend who had helped with my deer stand ask that I also cut around one of his stands, not a problem. I figure I had maybe an hour worth of work at my stand and maybe 30 min at his.

15 minutes into working on my stand I was ready to cross the creek. A creek that I cross every year. Every year and no trouble. Till now! Pulled down into creek and immediately sunk! I worked for a couple of hours pushing with front loader, twisting and turning but no sign that it was coming out. I climbed off onto bank about to give up when I remembered the phrase "Never give up, Never Surrender " . Well truth is my truck was parked a LONG walk through the woods, there was no one else at camp plus no cell signal down in the bottoms.

So I started cutting saplings, a limb pruning sheers was all I had with me, stuffing as many as I could around the tires. Back on the tractor and more backing and rocking. Finally I was able to get out, soaking wet, tired, hot and thirsty. Drove straight to my truck for water and rest in shade when another member drives up pulling his camper. Not knowing the ordeal I had just had he stops and ask if I could help him back his camper in. And I did. Visited with him a while when I realized I still had bushhoging to do so this time I stayed far away from any creeks. Worked another hour cutting and finally loaded up and made it home.

Some days are just better than others!
So how was your day!
Whew! After that, I've gotta hit the hay. Wore me out just reading about your day!
__________________
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:46 PM   #59388
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89
 
MPH's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Posts: 1,938
Marty, sending more ommmms.
'Night everyone...
__________________

__________________
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Bananas | - »

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (2 members and 2 guests)
Dwayne & Shara, rezman
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.