Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2016, 11:17 PM   #60313

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The first thing Sena did was jump up on my dad's walker and the two of them had quite a conversation. My dad is 92 yrs old and his heart is giving out. He sure enjoyed Sena and Lily.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2016, 11:39 PM   #60314

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
The first thing Sena did was jump up on my dad's walker and the two of them had quite a conversation. My dad is 92 yrs old and his heart is giving out. He sure enjoyed Sena and Lily.

That little monkey is sure a cutie, even if she likes Wayne more than me.

Hard to fathom that people are terrified of her.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 06:00 AM   #60315

OK up date time. Rain maker is at it again. I planned on finishing the first round of sanding and then bam. The water heater sprung a leak water was coming out of the place there was supposed to be flames. Uugg there goes tire money! So I pull the old 6 gal water heater out and all I could find around us was a 10 gal. Oh darn more hot water. So I remember after I got it it's 3" taller ugh. So I cut the hole bigger no big deal right! Wrong now the sink drain is in the way and water line and a plug outlet ugh. So I get all that done go to install it shoot it longer so I rebuild the cabinet so less space for Shara😠 install it and turn it on find another leak ugh. Finally got it done about 6 PM. So no sanding yesterday. I'll try again today. Wish me luck. Wanted to leave by November 4 but that's not going to happen so now we shoot for December 4. If I can find some cheap tires lol it might take a while they are 11r 24.5's lol anyway many oowwmms out to any one that needs them.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 06:28 AM   #60316

Quote:

PRICELESS picture & stories...

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:01 AM   #60317

Quote:

Deb.... you are the geocache queen..... did you geocache Barb? Dr. pepper will always make me laugh now...
Glad your dad enjoyed our favorite mascot..... smile Enjoy

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:43 AM   #60318
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Just give em to Sena and tell her to stay out of the pocket and don't touch your cell phone.
Exactly!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:53 AM   #60319

Vintage RV Owners Club
Woot...filled up at 1.97/gal this AM , always exciting!
Old 10-27-2016, 08:01 AM   #60320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
OK up date time. Rain maker is at it again. I planned on finishing the first round of sanding and then bam. The water heater sprung a leak water was coming out of the place there was supposed to be flames. Uugg there goes tire money! So I pull the old 6 gal water heater out and all I could find around us was a 10 gal. Oh darn more hot water. So I remember after I got it it's 3" taller ugh. So I cut the hole bigger no big deal right! Wrong now the sink drain is in the way and water line and a plug outlet ugh. So I get all that done go to install it shoot it longer so I rebuild the cabinet so less space for Shara😠 install it and turn it on find another leak ugh. Finally got it done about 6 PM. So no sanding yesterday. I'll try again today. Wish me luck. Wanted to leave by November 4 but that's not going to happen so now we shoot for December 4. If I can find some cheap tires lol it might take a while they are 11r 24.5's lol anyway many oowwmms out to any one that needs them.
So Dwayne, when are you going to write an RV'ers book like Crowded Camper has done ? It could be a best seller. Oh and good luck with those tires, but there has to be some around there someplace, at least you would think so.
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 09:55 AM   #60321

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Just give em to Sena and tell her to stay out of the pocket and don't touch your cell phone.
Hmm, good idea. She is better with zippers than I am.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:05 AM   #60322

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
That little monkey is sure a cutie, even if she likes Wayne more than me.

Hard to fathom that people are terrified of her.
To tell the truth, many monkeys do bite. Sena was raised with my 2 foster daughters who had profound physical and cognitive challenges. I was insistent that she not use her teeth, even in play. That early lesson has never been forgotten.

If only that neighbor would have taken a few minutes with Sena. Oh well, you can't fix stupid or people who believe everything they read on the internet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-27-2016, 10:10 AM   #60323

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
It's always something, isn't it. Have you tried searching online for tires?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-27-2016, 10:58 AM   #60324

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Yea, I'd have to retire to manage the number of birds she has. But then I'd probably not have enough money to feed them all!!!

We have eight. Three macaws, four Eclectus and a Senegal. They eat better than we do. We get their leftovers. We even have one that demands his favorites. "Got nuts, Mom?" "Bring grapes!" "Mmmm. Yummy. Want some!"
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 12:48 PM   #60325

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Pretty good news! Both the turbo and head are in good shape. We also found an oil line to the turbo in such bad shape that it broke while taking it off the turbo so we caught that before we really had a blown turbo and maybe a fire hazard.

So, we will have the old style, 1 piece exhaust manifold replaced with an upgraded, 2 piece manifold and new gaskets. We will also have all hoses and lines inspected and replaced as needed.

We expect it back in our hands tomorrow. We will probably stay a couple days for free at the Cummins place and leave out Sunday morning for Las Vegas.

So, one night in a hotel isn't too bad and getting the bus back in good shape is always a grand thing. Now, we wait to find out how much the ESW covers but as it stands, no poor house for us! LOL
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 01:46 PM   #60326

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Pretty good news! Both the turbo and head are in good shape. We also found an oil line to the turbo in such bad shape that it broke while taking it off the turbo so we caught that before we really had a blown turbo and maybe a fire hazard.

So, we will have the old style, 1 piece exhaust manifold replaced with an upgraded, 2 piece manifold and new gaskets. We will also have all hoses and lines inspected and replaced as needed.

We expect it back in our hands tomorrow. We will probably stay a couple days for free at the Cummins place and leave out Sunday morning for Las Vegas.

So, one night in a hotel isn't too bad and getting the bus back in good shape is always a grand thing. Now, we wait to find out how much the ESW covers but as it stands, no poor house for us! LOL
You just given me an idea. When parks ask how old Bonita is I can tell them - well she's a 2014 turbo, with 2014 tires, a 2014 Amish Cooling Unit, with a 2016 ECM, air dryer with a 2015 Splendide, on a 08 freightliner chassis and Cummins. With a full body paint box by Fleetwood with 08 paint.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote