Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2017, 02:56 PM   #62483

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Man... If'n ya'd just come west first before you headed south... I'd be happy to free your arms for a spell so we could sip coffee together... but no... you run to the Arkies first, thus bypassing Kansas in your haste to be warm. Doesn't that white jacket thing keep you toasty?

And i am sipping tea as i write......
Constant Comment tea.... havent had any in 30 years... caught my eye at the grocety store...
Not as great as I remembered, but ok... prefer chai now...
Also bought lemon ginger tea...

Hey Dave.... i had thawed out some of my dates, pitted them, put it in a jar, poured boiling water over, let sit for 2 days, gave it a little blend with the blend stck, and it is AMAZING.... DATE paste.... mmmmm good natural sweetener...

You who are in YUMA, go buy some bags of cooking grade dates.....

Sue and Martin... see ya soon.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2017, 04:46 PM   #62484

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Musta been a dream. Nothing new to report on the RR front. Still workin' on eliminatin' "stuff" so I can list the S&B. I may drive to CA to meet my new GD, but not in a RR tho.

I think it got passed to me at the time I joined from xctraveler (RVM #86). Colleen (Sohapi RVM #77) did you have it passed to you when you joined?

Looking good Dwayne!!

Nope we didn't get the mop and broom to pass on.
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:53 PM   #62485

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Man... If'n ya'd just come west first before you headed south... I'd be happy to free your arms for a spell so we could sip coffee together... but no... you run to the Arkies first, thus bypassing Kansas in your haste to be warm. Doesn't that white jacket thing keep you toasty?
Nonono! KS isn't any better than IL, is it? Not that AR is much better....🙄
Appreciate the offer of a shared cuppa, though. Sounds really good on a cold, blustery night! (Sounds like a Winnie the Pooh story title.)

What, with this big white fur collar on the jacket? Sure, it keeps me toasty, but I can't get the matching hat on properly. No, Martin will just have to take me south. South, I say, south!
Old 01-03-2017, 08:52 PM   #62486

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Warning, Mutant Ponder!

I was just pondering when the broom and dustpan first made its appearance on this thread. I know the early mutants must not have been nearly as messy as our mutants of the day. I remember it came about many numbers after me and want to say maybe Ken introduced it but might be wrong. Just a ponder!
This mutant has done a diligent search for the answer and spent hours upon hours going through the thread. lol.

The results:

FRasco (RVM88) first passed the mop and broom to MPH in post 20829.
I did a search within the thread for the words, "mop and broom" and then each word separately. I even went back two other muties and I might have missed it, but didn't see where it was passed to them. So if I'm correct--FRasco started the tradition.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:53 PM   #62487
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
You've got to realize Laurie's experience with this group. First I show up near the end of a very LONG hunt for a campground in the total eclipse zone. We are a little the worse for wear and rather disheveled. It's early in their season so the campground is pretty empty. I'm towing Smarty and I don't want to get myself blocked into a corner so I pull up near one of the buildings and shut off the engine.

My plan is to change Sena's diaper and then go hunt for someone in the building with the OFFICE sign. I had just gotten Sena's diaper off when Laurie comes walking out. Lily sees her first and greets her in typical Lily fashion -- loud and shrill. I start yelling at Lily to hush and Sena escapes my grasp and goes to meet Laurie butt naked and scratching her privates.

Now I am yelling at Lily for barking and Sena to "get back over here and get you diaper on." Poor Laurie looks a little shell shocked and trying not to laugh at my dilemma. By some miracle I manage to get Sena diapered, Lily picked up and us outside. Sena isn't leashed and has jumped on the hood.

The look on Laurie's face is now one of concern. She's uncertain if that monkey who is on the hood making "oh please come here" jestures plans to attack her or what. I reassure her that Sena is very gentle and the hand jestures are a sign that Sena wants to be her best friend.

Then I start to tell Laurie my reason for stopping is that me and about 40 of my friends want to invade her small campground in 16 months for a week or 2 of playing like little kids. And oh, BTW we are the RVMutants.

I ask some questions and we talk about plans and then tell Laurie I need to consider my options and I'll let her know in a few days if I chose her campground. Other than a confirmation phone call from me and a few exchanged emails Lauriie's next Mutant encounters are phone calls from Y'all. What could be odd about that?

So NOW do you understand why Laurie might have forgotten to ask how many in each coach?
Did anyone beside me laugh right out loud while reading Barb's play-by-play?

Barb, thank you again for all you did to find the campground-under-the-eclipse path and set up this GC of the mooning. We're really looking forward to it!
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:59 PM   #62488

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamscape View Post
We are new here and was suggested to join by Dwayne and Shara. We full time in our 1968 Silver Eagle and currently located just down from Virginia City NV for the winter while I do some modifications to our coach. Normally we would be in SoCal, Quartzsite or Yuma enjoying the warmth!
We don't have an in motion satellite and don't want one.
The journey is the destination!
I'll finish filling out our profile so more information will be available.
Becky and Paul
Dreamscape
I've been playing catch up with the thread. Welcome! Good to have you join us and hope we can meet up some day. If you ever travel the Lewis & Clark trail thru Idaho, look us up.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:14 PM   #62489

Newmar Owners Club
Tim. On your extended warranty thing. The bus I have now came with a GS. I have renewed it and then tried to use it when the generator to a dive a few months ago. I went through what I thought was the GS process to get repairs done. The repairman was the service manager for the manufacturer of the generator and does repairs on his own. He called and they gave him the go ahead. Generator got fixed, now because the repairman does the work as himself, GS is giving me a runaround. Saying they need a company name and all after explaining in the beginning no one wanted to work on it. $3300.00 in the balance as to whether I get full reimbursement.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:30 PM   #62490

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinthebus View Post
Tim. On your extended warranty thing. The bus I have now came with a GS. I have renewed it and then tried to use it when the generator to a dive a few months ago. I went through what I thought was the GS process to get repairs done. The repairman was the service manager for the manufacturer of the generator and does repairs on his own. He called and they gave him the go ahead. Generator got fixed, now because the repairman does the work as himself, GS is giving me a runaround. Saying they need a company name and all after explaining in the beginning no one wanted to work on it. $3300.00 in the balance as to whether I get full reimbursement.
OH I'm aware that GS is just another way of saying CW.

I've dealt with them for the past 4 years.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:43 PM   #62491

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
This mutant has done a diligent search for the answer and spent hours upon hours going through the thread. lol.

The results:

FRasco (RVM88) first passed the mop and broom to MPH in post 20829.
I did a search within the thread for the words, "mop and broom" and then each word separately. I even went back two other muties and I might have missed it, but didn't see where it was passed to them. So if I'm correct--FRasco started the tradition.
Thanks Deb! I can sleep tonight!

Originally it was a broom and dustpan.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:19 PM   #62492

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post

Barb, thank you again for all you did to find the campground-under-the-eclipse path and set up this GC of the mooning. We're really looking forward to it!
Yep. Yep. And Yep.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:49 AM   #62493

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post

I always enjoy the stories by Barb...

Barb, Thanks for the story, and all your efforts to find an ideal place.

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:56 AM   #62494

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinthebus View Post

Try this:

Have the repairman, request the manufacturer to allow their name to be used to issue an invoice to GS & then when paid, send payment to repairman..

Just have a middle man ( company name ) step up to resolve...

Good Luck!

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:58 AM   #62495
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tim,
Is this the one you want to pass on? It is from post 20829.
Attached Images

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:03 AM   #62496

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Tim,
Is this the one you want to pass on? It is from post 20829.
Dear Sir Cumferance,
Thank you and Deb so much for the time and effort to nail down such an important date and place of this event. Decades from now mutants will gather and ponder just when this broom thing got started. Now they will know where to look. Now on to newer and bigger ponders!
Sincerely Tim

Ps doing a little RVing today, pulling 30' Jayco home from deer camp! We most likely will use shop vac and leaf blower on it in place of broom! Two plus months of hunting from it has taken its toll. I'm blaming the son and GS, Mary won't get mad at them.