Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #6441
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
I just wanted everyone to know, we are the proud owners of 36 feet of rope lights. Hmmmm, now I have to figure where to hang them....
ROPE LIGHTS!
NOOOOOOOOOOO......
I had such high hopes for you folks. Just goes to show what a unique RV Mutant I am.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #6442
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Barb !!!!

That was really great info, the next time Im near a shipping lane That would be a great website to have.

Did you know way back in the early days of the automobile, there was either a Lincoln or a Caddy that they called the 5-wheeler or something like that. and when it came to parking into tight spots, you would nose the front into the space, lower the 5th wheel which lifted the other 2 rear wheels and then it would swivel into a tight parking spot. I cant imagine trying that with a coach, but who knows.

Cheers !!!
I saw some old News Reel footage about that on TV. Modern Marvels? It was really cool. Too bad it didn't catch on. Also remember footage on a system that would let a group of guys change a tire while the car was still driving down the road. I knew that was destined to fail, but the 5th wheel

Who knows what innovations coaches might come with someday.

okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:11 PM   #6443

We are boondocking in the shed tonight, a la Barb. Big windstorm today knocked out the power several hours ago all 'round the neighborhood, but we gots our own little hotel in here. House batteries, inverter....lights, cooktop, microwave, electric blanket, and even TV. Who's complaining? The slides all even work, believe it or not!

The tornadoes in IL missed us, but unfortunately struck others. We do count ourselves fortunate. All we really suffered were a couple of downed tree limbs.

Welcome back Possum, and welcome to the rainbow Dennis2, happy birthday to Les and woo-hooo for Mom! Great news, all of it! Who'd I miss???

Hey! Five pages ain't nuttin' to ketchup on! Easy-peasy, compared to some of the marathon sessions I've done recently. Sure is easier on the laptop than the iPhone!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 11-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #6444
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
We are boondocking in the shed tonight, a la Barb. Big windstorm today knocked out the power several hours ago all 'round the neighborhood, but we gots our own little hotel in here. House batteries, inverter....lights, cooktop, microwave, electric blanket, and even TV. Who's complaining? The slides all even work, believe it or not!

The tornadoes in IL missed us, but unfortunately struck others. We do count ourselves fortunate. All we really suffered were a couple of downed tree limbs.

Welcome back Possum, and welcome to the rainbow Dennis2, happy birthday to Les and woo-hooo for Mom! Great news, all of it! Who'd I miss???

Hey! Five pages ain't nuttin' to ketchup on! Easy-peasy, compared to some of the marathon sessions I've done recently. Sure is easier on the laptop than the iPhone!

Cheers!
Sue
Thanks Sue. My Ma actually went home from the hospital today. Lots of doctors appointments to come but she is home.

Couldn't ask for a better Birthday present.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #6445

happy birthday dogpatch and glad to hear your ma is home

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #6446
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Wayne !!!!

Wow Congrats man thats quite an accomplishment, Marcia and I just made 36 last September, Way to go you two !!!

Thanks, it was a short courtship though!

Cheers !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Wow Wayne I knew you were older than me but I was just a baby when you got married? Who married you? Moses?
How would you know how old that is, you can't even count past eleven without taking your shoes off!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #6447

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Mutants, thanks for the welcomes. No rope lights here, now after reading here I know where rainbows come from. I can see there is a spectrum of don`t needs here. When I am told I need something to add to my RV I always ask why. I could get by with a tent so I am already eons ahead of the game.

And Happy Birthday Dog!! I just hit the old f@rt(65) age on the first.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:53 PM   #6448

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Open Roaders - you have wandered onto the Rainbow thread of the RV Mutants. We appreciate your post and extend the offer to join us as a full fledged RVM. While anyone can post anywhere on iRV2 - we RVMs are a group of open minded, creative, free spirits. Some are vacationers - some are full time but all are mutants. What joins us together is admitting that our rigs - whatever they may be - don't have some things and we don't miss them. We also make the journey our destination. If you'd like to join the curiosity of RVMs - tell us what your RV doesn't have and you don't miss. And proclaim the journey is your destination. If it all seems a little strange then perhaps go back to the first few posts in the thread and read how it all got started. You may find yourself laughing and wanting to join in the fun. You may not. Either way - thanks for the post and clarification on fizzy and rubbish. You may claim your RVM number with your next post. That would be... RVM59 RVM2
Well I read the first 68 pages and enjoyed every moment!! We are defiantly mutants as we enjoy the older less complicated way of life. We are part time full timers 5 months in our rig in Mexico and a few weeks there & back. The rest of the year in the s&b :(
We have no slides, dw says he doesn't want them, bound to have leaks sooner or later. We have no satellite dish, sleep number bed or central vacuum. Don't need or miss any of them.
For sure the journey is the destination, there would be nothing left to do if you actually arrived would there! Am I RVM59?

something for the weekend...1968 Vanguard Camper on 1989 GMC 2500
Open Roaders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:59 PM   #6449

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Thanks Sue. My Ma actually went home from the hospital today. Lots of doctors appointments to come but she is home.

Couldn't ask for a better Birthday present.
Yes she did do wonders by you and your siblings; Happy birthday pal and may all the returns be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
Hey Mutants, thanks for the welcomes. No rope lights here, now after reading here I know where rainbows come from. I can see there is a spectrum of don`t needs here. When I am told I need something to add to my RV I always ask why. I could get by with a tent so I am already eons ahead of the game.

And Happy Birthday Dog!! I just hit the old f@rt(65) age on the first.
Happy Birthday yourself, from one Dennis to another. Also welcome to the rainbow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Roaders View Post
Well I read the first 68 pages and enjoyed every moment!! We are defiantly mutants as we enjoy the older less complicated way of life. We are part time full timers 5 months in our rig in Mexico and a few weeks there & back. The rest of the year in the s&b :(
We have no slides, dw says he doesn't want them, bound to have leaks sooner or later. We have no satellite dish, sleep number bed or central vacuum. Don't need or miss any of them.
For sure the journey is the destination, there would be nothing left to do if you actually arrived would there! Am I RVM59?
Just incase you've made the cut I would like to be the first to welcome you to our version of the rainbow.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:21 AM   #6450

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Well I read the first 68 pages and enjoyed every moment!! We are defiantly mutants as we enjoy the older less complicated way of life. We are part time full timers 5 months in our rig in Mexico and a few weeks there & back. The rest of the year in the s&b :( We have no slides, dw says he doesn't want them, bound to have leaks sooner or later. We have no satellite dish, sleep number bed or central vacuum. Don't need or miss any of them. For sure the journey is the destination, there would be nothing left to do if you actually arrived would there! Am I RVM59?
Unless I'm wrong Open Roaders you would be RVM #60! Woohoo, I'm sure our Most Illustrious Potentate will be along shortly to confer upon you the official title with all rights and privileges therein. However, he is still tied to that ugly three letter word and therefore may have already retired for the nite. But fear not, flaggship1 aka Steve will make an appearance without fail. Let me be the first to unofficially welcome you to the mutant side of the rainbow!

RVM31
Old 11-18-2013, 04:26 AM   #6451

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Welcome to this curious group where what is real and what is not don't really matter. Not to give away any of our secrets before the all knowing comes along and anoints you a number let me suggest a speed reading course to finish off the remaining 400 pages, or do like I do, skip them and try to guess what they are talking about. Makes little difference.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:23 AM   #6452
RVM1

Quote:
Well I read the first 68 pages and enjoyed every moment!! We are defiantly mutants as we enjoy the older less complicated way of life. We are part time full timers 5 months in our rig in Mexico and a few weeks there & back. The rest of the year in the s&b :( We have no slides, dw says he doesn't want them, bound to have leaks sooner or later. We have no satellite dish, sleep number bed or central vacuum. Don't need or miss any of them. For sure the journey is the destination, there would be nothing left to do if you actually arrived would there! Am I RVM59?
Open Roaders, I welcome you to RVMdom as RVM60, and bestow onto you all of the rights and privledges therein. No rope lights? This is good, very good!

You are now free to move about the rainbow, you sick twisted Mutants!

We are now 60 RVMs strong, averaging a monthly growth rate of about 8.5. And 2 in the last 2 days! I salute you, RVM60, and all of you fine RVMs.

Dave
RVM1

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:31 AM   #6453
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Welcome to the new comers.

A belated Happy B-Day Slickest1.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:19 AM   #6454

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Roaders

Good Morning RVMs and especially to you Open Roaders! I see the RVMdom was a busy place over night and that RVM1 has bestowed all honors, rights and privileges upon you. You are indeed now RVM60! Congratulations!

Our Roster to Date
RVM Roster
RVM1 Campdaven PA
RVM2 flaggship1 TX
RVM3 jdoc TX
RVM4 4kids LA
RVM5 Papawto5 IN
RVM6 Big Oil Guy AZ
RVM7 Happy Prospector ??
RVM8 Shadowcache OH
RVM9 SylviaCub ID
RVM10 Dick Noble CO
RVM11 Woodburner OH
RVM12 dogpatch BC - Can
RVM13 Davedeb1 OH
RVM14 Wayne M TX
RVM15 Selah IN
RVM16 msbarth TN
RVM17 KSCRUDE KS
RVM18 okmunky / RVM Mascot Sena OK
RVM19 Toyduck NV
RVM20 Oldme GA
RVM21 Alan24601 CA
RVM22 Sky_Boss IL
RVM23 Dunner AZ
RVM24 bdickson NC (Retired Moderator)
RVM25 nwcountry OR
RVM26 mekanic OH
RVM27 TEFFY TX
RVM28 TLGPE FL
RVM29 timarti ON
RVM30 JudyH CO
RVM31 HerbnBarb TX
RVM32 huntnski AR
RVM33 YC1 CA
RVM34 Moonrover OH
RVM35 mtnmankev AZ sidelined
RVM36 Suspinz IL
RVM37 Flacamper FL
RVM38 Nhytefall IL
RVM39 PTJeep MI
RVM40 Possum BC - Can
RVM41 adamfolger CA
RVM42 wthur OH
RVM43 Mike_Harriet FL
RVM44 sfi4 NY
RVM45 MartySQ KS
RVM46 thrushl SD
RVM47 Falcon190
RVM48 breed TX
RVM49 KAS TX
RVM50 cnkinthebus TN
RVM51 rezman IN
RVM52 powellrv AL
RVM53 BobJoanFLA FL
RVM54 campingman CA
RVM55 virginiamtns VA
RVM56 Muddypaws CA
RVM57 tanstaafl PA
RVM58 ginny47 TX
RVM59 slickest1 Can
RVM60 Open Roaders Can

RVM2

P.S. Don't forget to visit our website at www.rvmutants.com

Take special note of our First Ever Grande Curiosity @ Catherines Landing just outside of Hot Springs Arkansas in April 2014. Details are listed on the site under Events.
Steve and Annie

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote