Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2017, 10:40 AM   #64653

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Okay, what are all y'all's doing?
Us'alls are sitting gawking out the window wondering what part of the rainbow did we p**s off to get old mother nature to throw another load of this accursed white stuff at us.

Normally at this time of year we are planting the garden.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2017, 10:45 AM   #64654

Correction! It isn't *chlorine* gas that's released in an RV fire, it's another whose name escapes me right now. Martin said it earlier this morning ... I should have gotten right on here right then.

Senior moments. Doncha just love em? How about senior hours??
Old 03-10-2017, 11:03 AM   #64655

Cyanide! That's what is so deadly in an RV fire.

Not chlorine, my baaad! Glad Barb asked.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:09 AM   #64656

Re: Dave's request for "whatcha doin?" ...

Us'ns are divided today. Martin's gone off to visit a vendor or 2 & maybe look at a coach or 2, while I stay home waiting out a minor tummy bug. Or whatever it is.

I've volunteered as helper for 3 seminars this week at the FMCA rally, so have touched &/or spoken with dozens of people. Upwards of 400, actually. Might have picked up this bug there. Jeez! Hope I haven't turned into sort of Typhoid Mary, passing it on!
Old 03-10-2017, 11:15 AM   #64657

American Coach Owners Club
R U a mutant

Jackie and I are on the final stages of stash and stuff. With a little luck we will pull out this afternoon and head south to our DD'S house.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:18 AM   #64658

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
What are we doing...
Just arranged for a small climate controlled storage (8 x 5 x 10) to store clothes and etc while Bonita is being renovated. Annie has unloaded the storage under the bed and we'll begin moving things tomorrow. Gives us 3 weeks to organize and prepare for the adventure.

Yesterday we settled on carpet color but not the actual carpet... looking for the final over the next week or so.

Found backslash tile yesterday as well - wasn't on the list but will be adding it to the job.

Determined we'd go with the "stainless platinum" Samsung RF18.

Now to find an extended stay place for a couple of weeks to live in while the work is done. Oh the humanity!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:50 AM   #64659

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Just remembered... dual pane windows being pulled, cleaned and resealed by the Autoglass Boss of Mesa. 2 year warranty.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:51 AM   #64660

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Okay, 12 hours of quiet on the RVM thread? Sheesh!
Today we kidnap Nola's sister and bring her "home" for food, laughter, shenanigans, laughter, road trip, and laughter.
We will visit Joshua Tree National Park tomorrow!!!!
Okay, what are all y'all's doing?
We are too busy having fun to report about it! Besides, if I say I really enjoyed last night's episode of Portlandia,(one of my fun activities) I would get many blank stares and be the recipient of much head shaking.
Oh alright!!! We moved from Tucson to Apache Junction yesterday and I spent this morning on the phone with a health insurance company trying find out why the payment my bank sent them well ahead of due date that they cashed already has not shown up on my account. Of course, their answer is, I should sign up for autopay.
Now, I ask all mutants, why should I trust this insurance company that mishandled my banks payment with access to my checking account?
I set up my checking to autopay the few bills I have. I have never had a problem until this insurance company.
The next thing on the agenda is to call the IRS(yes I am actually going to call them) and find out where my ssa-1099 went, and where is my benefit letter?
I'm looking forward to hours of enjoyment with these tasks. I can only hope I can get the same entertainment value of our visit to Joshua Tree NP, our month stay in San Diego with all the exploration of the neighborhoods, the touring of the coastline of Southern California, the wonderful time spent in Palm Springs, and last but not least the recent meeting of the mutants, including the great visits with Martin and Sue.

However, I suspect this phone call to the IRS will be similar to dealing with the insurance company this morning, and our recent visit to Los Algodones. That entailed two trips to the dentist, and a total of over 3 hours waiting in line to get back in to United States.
Wait a minute... Maybe I should just not make these phone calls any more?
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:06 PM   #64661

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ Dave... is that Portlandia... you're watching??? Lol. Annie likes it. I'm undecided. Which I guess means I like it too...

Keep that sense of humor handy... you're gonna need it!
Old 03-10-2017, 12:11 PM   #64662

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sleep fairly decent last night dispite the phone giving multiple alerts of pending storms. Awoke early this morning to the sound of shingles being ripped from roof over the bedroom.

Gratefully it was our contractor and it's almost 1pm and new roofing going up! They are dodging rain and thunderstorms so their doing different sections on S&B that they can complete in one day. Possibly snow in LR (not likely) tomorrow but cold rain for sure. I guess Possium really pissed Mother Nature off if she's send snow all the way down here.

Ready to get this job completed, twins tryed to make an appearance earlier this week but docs got contractions to stop, we can wait 3 more weeks if mom can.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:16 PM   #64663

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
^^^ Dave... is that Portlandia... you're watching??? Lol. Annie likes it. I'm undecided. Which I guess means I like it too...

Yes, PORTLANDIA, stupid auto correct.Portlandia (Comedy series).
https://goo.gl/search/Portlandia
Old 03-10-2017, 12:19 PM   #64664

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

If you like Portlandia, you will also love SCHITTS CREEK,
On POP channel, (118 on DISH network)
Old 03-10-2017, 12:20 PM   #64665

Fleetwood Owners Club
Davedeb, go to My Social Security. Gov, set up an account if you don't have one already, I'm pretty sure you can print that information off yourself including benefits letter. Will probably be quicker.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:21 PM   #64666

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
If you like Portlandia, you will also love SCHITTS CREEK,
On POP channel, (118 on DISH network)
5:30pm MST Wednesday