Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
The dog on your left is beautiful, but what is wrapped around your right arm. Looks kinda like a black Teddy Bear from here. Thank you for your service for our country.
What looks like something wrapped around my arm is actually my leg holster. I am kneeling.
wingennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #6526

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Daughter and I are home from hospital. She is doing well, no more seizures and has started medication. Hoping that the road ahead doesn't have too many roadblocks or bumps! Thanks for all good wishes!
So good to hear from you Tina, and with such good news too! All the best! We're all still with you.

Cheers,
Sue
Old 11-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #6527

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
After completing a thorough background check - the RVM Membership Committee has determined that you have met the qualifications. You must however affirm that the Journey is the Destination in your next post. With that your membership will be complete and RVM61 is now your official number. We see that you are a long time lurker and new member and would like to welcome you to iRV2 as well as to the RVMdom - and the best group and thread going. Everyone let's welcome wingennis - our newest and I suspect quite possibly youngest member at a ripe old age of 37! RVM2 Steve and Annie P.S. How about a picture of that rig. You didn't have a new rig show off thread? Ya know what they say - no pictures - didn't happen.
I only have 1 picture so far and that is of getting gas on my very first day of ownership! More to follow...Also, I've never posted a photo so I hope I got it right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3726703018.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	416.6 KB
ID:	50274  
Old 11-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #6528

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingennis View Post
I only have 1 picture so far and that is of getting gas on my very first day of ownership! More to follow...Also, I've never posted a photo so I hope I got it right.
Yep! Pretty. Thanks!

Sheesh! I dont have a pic of my rig having a meal. Gotta work on that.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #6529

Quote:
What looks like something wrapped around my arm is actually my leg holster. I am kneeling.
Whew am I glad that's sorted out! A GSD I can understand, but that holster did look like a critter.

I'm sorry you lost your canine partner, since she must have been a very important part of your life. Thank you both for your service.

Glad to have you on the rainbow with us. Us ol' fogies need you young whippersnappers to keep us lively! Have at it, girl!

Cheers!
Sue#36
Old 11-18-2013, 09:24 PM   #6530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Whew am I glad that's sorted out! A GSD I can understand, but that holster did look like a critter. I'm sorry you lost your canine partner, since she must have been a very important part of your life. Thank you both for your service. Glad to have you on the rainbow with us. Us ol' fogies need you young whippersnappers to keep us lively! Have at it, girl! Cheers! Sue#36
In the last year, my dad lost his twin brother then my cousin, then we lost my grandfather, then my Great Dane died. After all of that-and 12 years of service in war zones-I know for sure that there is never a good reason to put off getting started. Who knows if I will live to retire or what kind of health I will be in by then? I'm hitting the road now and heading thataway...just stay off the sidewalks. I haven't driven my 36' house very much yet
Old 11-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #6531

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Herb - how do you like the 9 speed auto tranny in the Jeep?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #6532

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Hey Herb - how do you like the 9 speed auto tranny in the Jeep?
It is incredible! Very smooth shift you can't even feel the shift from third gear on. 70 mph the engine is turning 1600 rpms. which it's rated at 31 mpg highway. I'm gettin 23 in town.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #6533

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb

It is incredible! Very smooth shift you can't even feel the shift from third gear on. 70 mph the engine is turning 1600 rpms. which it's rated at 31 mpg highway. I'm gettin 23 in town.
Looks very nice. Didn't see weights on Car dot com - will check it out on Jeep site later on. Seems to price well especially versus the upper prices Wranglers (Sahara etc) and little more than a Sport. If really trail worthy and suspect it is - looks like a very nice ride.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #6534

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Dang, I thought you had some cute cuddly creature giving you a hug, not a darn gun sleeve. That goes to show you how easily the eyes can be deceived.

Sena spent the first six months living with me wrapped around my wrist and that's what your picture looked like to me. (remember iPad, small screen) I lovingly referred to her as my hairy wrist tumor.

It was when she decided that she didn't need to stay on me that the fun really began. She became this tiny brown tornado that could be destroying her 3rd item before I could grab the paper towels to clean up the first mess. Thankfully that stage only lasted 3.5 years. By age 4 she had started to calm down. Now at 16 she is quite the little lady -- sweet and gentle I hope you can join us at the GC@CL in April and meet her.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #6535
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
My car was parked about 9 inches from the lawn in front of my house. We live on a very wide street - I could do doughnuts in the street with my Tundra before we sold it. The Honda was the ONLY car on the block - and she said she didn't see it! She hit it hard enough to move the car back up against the grass.

Her insurance has been cooperative so far. There are two options available to them - replace the car with new or, if possible to do it correctly, fix it and give me a check for the loss in value now that it will have a negative hit on the carfax report.

A PITA for sure, but it's just a car...
Go for a new one. Getting that side crush fixed will never be the same. As stated argue and talk about lawyer'ing up. A Jeep is nice, but I like my Lincoln MKX for the comforts and thunderous sterio system (THD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Yes sir it does. I can't wait to get it on a serious trail and see if it is all it is touted to be. I know this much 23 mpg on first tank in town and have the space and the look makes me very happy happy happy.
Herb, Now I did teach to to watch those curbs, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ok, read the first couple pages to get the gest of what's up, then send for my book "Mutantism for Dummies"

Here is a small sampling.

Herb likes swishing his tale and Wayne likes it. ROFL

Dave wears a Kimono and threatens to take it off. ROFL

Jeff has a jeep fetish. ROLF (And some we are probably not aware of)

Barbs little girl looks like a monkey. And acts like one to.

Teffy likes boiled okra. Serioiusly now?

And so much more, Order now and get Steve's Dance Lessons half off! ROFLMAO
Welcome to the new comers, even if you are younger than my children by many years.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #6536

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Well Mom graduated to the unassisted ward. The last of the tubes are all out and she's been unhooked from the monitoring system.

She up and walking around (albeit slowly) on her own. Going to the washroom on her own. Eating regularly.

Doctor says she may go home tomorrow.

I'm sure it was all the prayers and well wishes from my fellow mutants that did it! Thanks again.

Now to get back to my regularly scheduled Birthday pampering and lounging.
Great news!

Quote:
Ok Dennis - the Journey is the destination and given how long it took you to get here - I'm not going to wait for you to affirm it formally. A man only has so much time. Lol.

Welcome to the RVMdom and life on the rainbow. You have joined the best group going - creative - curious - and friendly - we mutants are glad you have joined us! Be sure to visit our new website at www.rvmutants.com

Everyone give a warn Welcome to RVM59 - Dennis - slickest1.
RVM2
Welcome Dennis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Open Roaders, I welcome you to RVMdom as RVM60, and bestow onto you all of the rights and privledges therein. No rope lights? This is good, very good!

You are now free to move about the rainbow, you sick twisted Mutants!

We are now 60 RVMs strong, averaging a monthly growth rate of about 8.5. And 2 in the last 2 days! I salute you, RVM60, and all of you fine RVMs.

Dave
RVM1
Welcome. Do you remember the old Open Road Moterhomes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Or course, you are right. I would feel much worse if she was hurt. Her car is fine except for some front quarter panel damage. She hit where the front driver's door and back drivers door meet, and dented it pretty good. She had to hit it nearly head on to do the damage she did. The dent is at least a foot deep. Neither door will budge.

I don't even really like Hondas much. We bought it to tow 4 down, and it has AWD, but it's not fun to drive. It doesn't have enough horses for starters, and the seats are hard as rocks. We definitely want to tow four down, and this was the best compromise we could come up with. 0% financing, and got a killer deal since I just bought a Honda Civic for my daughter last year when she rolled her Corolla.

Does anyone know if you can tow a Jaguar XF four down?! I may need a new car!
I'm sure you could this it, the question would be..would it be drivable when you got there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
I've been in HO since 1952 with my first locomotive - a Mantua shifter 0-4-0. My current (6th) layout is 15'X15' in an up-stairs bedroom. But I've got train stuff all over the house. It has kept me out of bars and it's a good bonding agent for the kids.

My dad was in 1/2" gauge that was live steam and ran around the yard .

Z guage, N gauge, and some pre-war and post war Lionel sets. Have up on live stream, the DW always said I couldn't boil water....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
When time permits I am working on a 3 3/4" scale 7 1/2" gauge Garrett 2-4-0 + 0-4-2 live steamer. It is big enough that when finished I will ride inside the cab to run it.

The gentleman who designed it lives in Australia and the think will be about 12 feet long when complete. John's wife is running the loco in the attached picture.

I have a couple of boxes of Brass from when we were into the smaller stuff. Keeping it because we can no longer recoup the money paid for them.
WOW, ... all I can say.

Quote:
A teddy bear protector!

Quote:
In the last year, my dad lost his twin brother then my cousin, then we lost my grandfather, then my Great Dane died. After all of that-and 12 years of service in war zones-I know for sure that there is never a good reason to put off getting started. Who knows if I will live to retire or what kind of health I will be in by then? I'm hitting the road now and heading thataway...just stay off the sidewalks. I haven't driven my 36' house very much yet
Sorry for your losses, but now you have a mutant family

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:57 PM   #6537

That was exhausting, I have got to learn to keep up..

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:25 AM   #6538

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good morning mutants, here Bucky, Bucky, Bucky!