Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2013, 04:25 AM   #6539

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good morning mutants, here Bucky, Bucky, Bucky!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2013, 07:44 AM   #6540

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Dang, I thought you had some cute cuddly creature giving you a hug, not a darn gun sleeve. That goes to show you how easily the eyes can be deceived. Sena spent the first six months living with me wrapped around my wrist and that's what your picture looked like to me. (remember iPad, small screen) I lovingly referred to her as my hairy wrist tumor. It was when she decided that she didn't need to stay on me that the fun really began. She became this tiny brown tornado that could be destroying her 3rd item before I could grab the paper towels to clean up the first mess. Thankfully that stage only lasted 3.5 years. By age 4 she had started to calm down. Now at 16 she is quite the little lady -- sweet and gentle I hope you can join us at the GC@CL in April and meet her.
Sorry to disappoint, there wasn't much cute or cuddly in Mosul unless you count the rats and mice. I am hoping to find the fun in April but I will see how my work schedule pans out: us whippersnappers still have to make a living. Is 16 still young ( Sena, not me)?

Old 11-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #6541

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
When time permits I am working on a 3 3/4" scale 7 1/2" gauge Garrett 2-4-0 + 0-4-2 live steamer. It is big enough that when finished I will ride inside the cab to run it.

The gentleman who designed it lives in Australia and the think will be about 12 feet long when complete. John's wife is running the loco in the attached picture.

I have a couple of boxes of Brass from when we were into the smaller stuff. Keeping it because we can no longer recoup the money paid for them.
What is the operating pressure going to be?

I like to watch live steam but helping Dad and the others with the roadbed always seemed like too much like work, especially in Texas in the spring and summer heat.

I know what you mean about not being able to recoup your money on brass locos. I bought my first one, a Tenshodo 0-8-0 kit (1960?) and then at least one of every Santa Fe model built in brass, except the "Blue Goose" built by Hallmark. My grandaughter wants to know why I have so many locos that look alike but she doesn't understand "it was a good price" Good plastic has destroyed the value of brass collections. If you will remember in the late 50's through the 80's, if it wasn't brass it probably didn't run very well, now the plastic runs better then the brass, looks as good, and doesn't cost near as much.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #6542
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
To all my new friends!

Name:   image-4144525794.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  39.2 KB
Old 11-19-2013, 08:30 AM   #6543

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
To all my new friends!

Attachment 50282
I think this is quite apropoe (sp)

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #6544
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ho hum! only 1 and 1/2 pages to catch up on.

What do I do now! (Oops! DW is listening.....Ssshhhhh.)
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #6545

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Car soap opera update:

I went by the garage and met with the owner and the frame guy. They put it on a rack and we all had a look. The frame looks OK - but the doors and lower skirt are toast. The post looked pushed back to DW, but it's fine - she didn't look at the other side for comparison - the car has curves!

Short story - $6K in damage, but we took it to the best garage around. I trust the owner - we run on the rescue squad together. If the frame was bent, he'd tell me. Two weeks to get it back - I specified OEM doors and parts. It's new enough that the paint should match up well. He said it would be as good as new...but it won't be. Now it has a carfax ding.

As for the neighbor - I think her driving days are over. The insurance company has apparantly paid other claims for her in the last couple of years and pretty much told her she would be without insurance when the renewal came due. I feel sorry for her. For her sake, I wish she wasn't leaving for a trip with this going on. It had to put a crimp into what may be their last trip.
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #6546

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Morning Muteys!! May your paths be straight and the wind always at your back today! Enjoy the rainbow and live the dream!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #6547

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
To all my new friends!

Attachment 50282
The new mutant pledge; a la Possum lodge.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #6548

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
I would be pleased as punch to go off-roading with my mutey buds! Barb has never been so it should prove to be interesting for her.

Hey Herb !!

It would be fantastic to include you two along with any other mutated Jeepers in an easy to moderate Jeep ride. Big bug Mesa was great !!! the more the merrier. Now that I have the front of my Jeep all solid and tight again we are raring to go.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #6549

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Daughter and I are home from hospital. She is doing well, no more seizures and has started medication. Hoping that the road ahead doesn't have too many roadblocks or bumps! Thanks for all good wishes!
Hi Timarti !!

Thank you for the update, I hope the medical profession has determined what caused the seizures and has it all under control now, but y'all arent off the continued care list ... just remember every day is one step at a time.

Cheers !!!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #6550

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingennis View Post
What looks like something wrapped around my arm is actually my leg holster. I am kneeling.
Hey Wingennis !!!

There is nothing wrong with a leg holster, especially when you are deployed self protection is the first and last line of defense, I always used a max-con 5 holster when I carried everyday. Thank you for your service and for your GSD Katy as well. We are happy happy happy to have you along on the rainbow with us.

Cheers !!!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #6551
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Car soap opera update:

I went by the garage and met with the owner and the frame guy. They put it on a rack and we all had a look. The frame looks OK - but the doors and lower skirt are toast. The post looked pushed back to DW, but it's fine - she didn't look at the other side for comparison - the car has curves!

Short story - $6K in damage, but we took it to the best garage around. I trust the owner - we run on the rescue squad together. If the frame was bent, he'd tell me. Two weeks to get it back - I specified OEM doors and parts. It's new enough that the paint should match up well. He said it would be as good as new...but it won't be. Now it has a carfax ding.

As for the neighbor - I think her driving days are over. The insurance company has apparantly paid other claims for her in the last couple of years and pretty much told her she would be without insurance when the renewal came due. I feel sorry for her. For her sake, I wish she wasn't leaving for a trip with this going on. It had to put a crimp into what may be their last trip.
If they drive the MH like they do their little "tanks," well, we will all be safer on the highways. I'm sorry it happened, but I'm not so sorry that she may never be able to drive again. Around here the DMV would most likely revoke the license.

As to the damage, most all is repairable, and yes, you will have a Carfax item when you get ready to resell it, however, keep it for 5 years and the value will catch up with the Carfax info. There is always some dad that is wanting to buy a used car for their child's first "experience."

Drive the heck out of it.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #6552
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey, TMarti, Great news and I hope it just gets better and better.

« Bananas | - »