Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2017, 01:15 PM   #66151

Vintage RV Owners Club
Lot's of water here... some likely flooding in the area, but we are high... although our ground is very saturated... Inside is dry!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2017, 01:25 PM   #66152

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Lot's of water here... some likely flooding in the area, but we are high... although our ground is very saturated... Inside is dry!
I thought that wacky tabaki was verboten in Kansas. Party on Garth! Lol.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 03:20 PM   #66153

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Note to self: Avoid Arkansas in April. We haven't heard back from Tim yet, but it's good to hear that 2/3 of the Arkie contingent weathered this latest storm.

We are moving again today. The winds up on this high plateau have been fierce for the last 3 days and there's too much traffic up here, especially at night. Why is it that overlooks become lovers lanes? It's not easy to get here with 2 miles of really rough dirt roads. It could be the proximity to Zion National Park, I guess.

his grands coming to his house today to celebrate his birthday... so Tim is busy...... smile....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:19 PM   #66154
MPH

Hello Mutants. It's been a long time since I've been on the forum. Lots of reasons but I won't go into them.

We are hosting at Palo Duro Canyon through June. (Come see us!) The canyon is beautiful. Juniper is the newest camping loop. Only electric and water, but it's 50 amp. The only cell service you can get in the canyon is ATT. We have Verizon. :-/

We really enjoyed our stint at Mother Neff State Park. One of the nicest campgrounds you'll find anywhere. All sites are level and have full hookups. Sites 3, 5 a2nd 17 are the nicest back-in sites, imho. The best pull-throughs are 14 or 16. However, there's really not a bad site in the campground. (13 and 11 would be the least desirable.)

This fall will find us at Daingerfield State Park in East Texas. We are hoping to talk some Razorbacks into coming out for a mini or midi. (Hint, hint...) Of course, we would love seeing any and all Mutants!

Zorro sends puppy kisses. Kate sends hugs. I'll post some pics when I can connect to Wi-Fi somewhere some time.

Hope everyone is doing well. Love knowing that Larry is on the mend and at HOME, where holistic healing can happen. Di, I know you are taking excellent care of your man. Ommmms continuing for you both.

Big Mutant hug!

Mel
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:23 PM   #66155

Happy MAY Birthdays

May 2............ Barb #18
May 5........... Kris Snell #85
May 13.......... Colleen # 77
May 15.......... Elizabeth # 55
May 19......... Martin #36.5
May 26......... Marcia #39.5
May 31......... Bob #45.5

Anyone not on my list, just send me your birthdate......
No cards with $$ in them... to get those, send your address to Wayne.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:27 PM   #66156
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Happy MAY Birthdays

May 2............ Barb #18
May 5........... Kris Snell #85
May 13.......... Colleen # 77
May 15.......... Elizabeth # 55
May 19......... Martin #36.5
May 26......... Marcia #39.5
May 31......... Bob #45.5

Anyone not on my list, just send me your birthdate......
No cards with $$ in them... to get those, send your address to Wayne.
Who knew Barb was only 18?! Sena is keeping her young ....
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 05:19 PM   #66157

Wayne, I found your Brother!
He's very nice, and wants to meet you.
He rides in stowage. Easier to feed him there.

Name:   IMG_5058.JPG
Views: 164
Size:  25.4 KB
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 05:35 PM   #66158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
July 8 or 9 (or both) 2017 in central Indiana.

Lunch or dinner (or both). Meet together at a nice watering hole and then retire to Steve and Mary Ann's home for "mutant roundtable". BYOB

Possible attendees - - Chuck and Sara; Steve and Mary Ann; Dave and Carol; Ed and Jackie; Sue and Martin; Steve and Annie; others rolling through the fine state of Indiana.

Chuck and Sara's campground could hold those bringing their MH. It's about 20 minutes from our house.

Would be a chance for anyone within 3 - 4 hours from Indy to meet a few mutants. How about it muteys????????

Info available upon request.
Sounds wonderful to us! Thanks for the invite.

Now, BYOB ... Elderflower cordial, Maine blueberry brandy, Skip & Go Naked/Barefoot ... the possibilities seem endless!
Old 04-30-2017, 05:38 PM   #66159

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Extra Extra Read All About It.
Can ya believe all these people going to Oregon to see a bunch of RVMutants...

http://oregonstateparks.org/index.cfm?do=v.page&id=60
Ack! I gotta get busy on a So. IL site! I have some thoughts, but does anyone have recommendations already?
Old 04-30-2017, 05:47 PM   #66160

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Hello Mutants. It's been a long time since I've been on the forum. Lots of reasons but I won't go into them.

We are hosting at Palo Duro Canyon through June. (Come see us!) The canyon is beautiful. Juniper is the newest camping loop. Only electric and water, but it's 50 amp. The only cell service you can get in the canyon is ATT. We have Verizon. :-/

We really enjoyed our stint at Mother Neff State Park. One of the nicest campgrounds you'll find anywhere. All sites are level and have full hookups. Sites 3, 5 a2nd 17 are the nicest back-in sites, imho. The best pull-throughs are 14 or 16. However, there's really not a bad site in the campground. (13 and 11 would be the least desirable.)

This fall will find us at Daingerfield State Park in East Texas. We are hoping to talk some Razorbacks into coming out for a mini or midi. (Hint, hint...) Of course, we would love seeing any and all Mutants!

Zorro sends puppy kisses. Kate sends hugs. I'll post some pics when I can connect to Wi-Fi somewhere some time.

Hope everyone is doing well. Love knowing that Larry is on the mend and at HOME, where holistic healing can happen. Di, I know you are taking excellent care of your man. Ommmms continuing for you both.

Big Mutant hug!

Mel
It's really good to hear from you! We know you're busy hosting and out partying with all the folks, so no worries. We also know that Palo Duro is one of your favorite places. 😊

We're crossing TX not too far from your previous stomping grounds, spending the night at Amarillo. Snow!

Keep in touch when you can. I'm returning hugs, & would love to share puppy kisses w/Zorro.

Cheers!
Old 04-30-2017, 05:52 PM   #66161

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
July 8 or 9 (or both) 2017 in central Indiana.

Lunch or dinner (or both). Meet together at a nice watering hole and then retire to Steve and Mary Ann's home for "mutant roundtable". BYOB

Possible attendees - - Chuck and Sara; Steve and Mary Ann; Dave and Carol; Ed and Jackie; Sue and Martin; Steve and Annie; others rolling through the fine state of Indiana.

Chuck and Sara's campground could hold those bringing their MH. It's about 20 minutes from our house.

Would be a chance for anyone within 3 - 4 hours from Indy to meet a few mutants. How about it muteys????????

Info available upon request.
I just saw this, but count us in. What a wonderful time that will be.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 05:53 PM   #66162

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We've landed back at Palm Creek in Casa Grande for a week. Picking up or stored items and looking forward to a good nights sleep and a hot shower in our home. Sure have missed her and she's even better now!

Talk later but hey Mutants... for crying in Jeffs sink... sound off. I wanna hear from any and all mutants everywhere - if you don't know what to say - see Mels post above... excellent example of mutant reporting! Hi Kate.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 05:54 PM   #66163

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Who knew Barb was only 18?! Sena is keeping her young ....
When I was assigned my RVM number my first comment was, "Gee, it feels great to be 18 again."

If anything Sena makes me age faster. I sure wish she'd start getting a little forgetful. I forgot to secure the refrigerator's bungee cord earlier today before I stepped outside for a few minutes. I came back inside to find her emptying it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 06:07 PM   #66164

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
When I was assigned my RVM number my first comment was, "Gee, it feels great to be 18 again."

If anything Sena makes me age faster. I sure wish she'd start getting a little forgetful. I forgot to secure the refrigerator's bungee cord earlier today before I stepped outside for a few minutes. I came back inside to find her emptying it.

Like this? My youngest GS when he was only 2..... he moved the stool over, climbed up and was feasting.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0524.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	160169