Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2017, 08:32 AM   #66193

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Thanks for all the BD wishes.
Ran into some old friends the other night while out eating. We were giving them are plans for the summer when they said be sure to call them on way out to California. They have an estate in Apache Junction, AZ and they spend at least a week there each month. Even in the summer, they get away from the humidity found here. They said they have plenty of room, may have to detour a little from our planned route!

Question for those that travel west, how bad is traffic through El Paso, Tx.?
I've found traveling through El Paso late night to be effortless Can't tell you what the daytime traffic may be!
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2017, 08:44 AM   #66194

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yes, Camp Lakewood. Lake Haven is on the west side of Indianapolis. I thought something didn't sound right when I typed it but it was late and I was tired. We will be in Lakewood for 2-3 days so I can visit my brother who lives near Assumption IL.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:49 AM   #66195

During the day , and depending on what day it is , can make El Paso crazy to drive through but it's still doable ...
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:08 AM   #66196

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinthebus View Post
Are you adding a travel section to MARLG?

Ahhhh...MARLG!
Flashback
"As RVM 1 removed his shoes at Mavis B's Nail and Mercantile, his mind raced. At once his thoughts were colliding with anticipation and wonder. Who's behind the murder at Rope Light Gulch? How did Sena find the passageway to Red Devil Mine. Once after another his thoughts raced through his mind."
RVM2. April 8, 2015.
[emoji106]
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:45 AM   #66197

Winnebago Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
We will be in Lakewood for 2-3 days so I can visit my brother who lives near Assumption IL.
What day are you pulling in to Effingham, I'm in St. Louis 2hrs away. If I can get away, I'd like to meet another RVM.

Is anyone going to the iRV2 Rally in Branson this year?
Now in a Class C Coachman Leperchaun, trailer towing a 1950 Crosley Station wagon, or a '42 Pick-Up. Member of the Non-Affiliated Camping Group FMCA #F462997 RVM #146 Jon & Ellen
Eyephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:07 AM   #66198

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinthebus View Post
I was thinking snow, sleet or other stuff. Lol
That 4 letter word s__w is profanity to us. It gives me creepy shivers just thinking about it. I knew you weren't referring to that other word that ends with a T.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:16 AM   #66199

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sue, I've traveled thru El Paso during the day but avoiding rush hour. We drove the speed limit all the way. No worries there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:26 AM   #66200

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
That 4 letter word s__w is profanity to us. It gives me creepy shivers just thinking about it. I knew you weren't referring to that other word that ends with a T. [emoji23]
But I did. I did say SLEET. Lol
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:55 AM   #66201
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Wayne says we are 30 miles from you...is that Palo Duro? Crumbs! Can we convince Martin to deviate from plan?
Yep, Palo Duro Canyon State Park is only about 30 minutes from Amarillo. It's a whole other world, compared to the plains around it. We've met several folks from England visiting the park recently!

We are actually in Amarillo right now visiting my Mom, who turned 89 on April 22. I take her on errands and basically try to be the best daughter I can be. She's an angel.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:51 PM   #66202
MPH

BTW, if you're traveling I-40 through Amarillo and don't stop at Jack Sisemore's RV museum ..... too bad and so sad. It's really worth a stop to visit it. And don't forget a couple of Mutants down in Palo Duro Canyon .... ;-)
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 01:13 PM   #66203

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Who would've dreamed it would snow in Texas on the last weekend of April?
It didn't snow in the canyon, but sure as heck got cold!

I sure wish we had known you were coming through the panhandle. We would've dragged youse two down to Palo Duro. Martin, you know I would've made chicken enchiladas for you. (Note to other Mutants: Don't come across I-40 and not dip down to see us at Palo Duro Canyon State Park!)
Mel, I'm so sorry we could not come along to harass you this morning! I had my hopes up.

Note to other Mutants: do not follow our example! Our get-home schedule is too tight to allow for even an hour or two deviation. 😕 Actually Martin feared we'd all behave like Mutants & forget the time. Or Mel would offer those enchiladas & he wouldn't be able to resist! 😋 Regretfully, we drove on.

No chance we'll ketchup to Dave & Carol, since they took I-44 & we've stuck w/ I-40. However, if they are staying a few days, we think Camp Lakewood at Effingham is a good place for our last night out, having done that before.

Next year we will leave ourselves spare time for sure. We've passed by all sorts of places I'd like to visit. The Roger Miller museum, a herd of bison, a heritage museum .... and that's just in western OK. 😲
Old 05-01-2017, 01:16 PM   #66204

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Don't forget Lake Manigotapee!
<chuckle> Sounds like a Boy Scout place to me.
Old 05-01-2017, 01:18 PM   #66205

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Yes, Camp Lakewood. Lake Haven is on the west side of Indianapolis. I thought something didn't sound right when I typed it but it was late and I was tired. We will be in Lakewood for 2-3 days so I can visit my brother who lives near Assumption IL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Lake Haven? Camp Lakewood?
Variants on same place?
I was pretty sure that's what you were shooting for Dave. We have stayed there and it's a nice little place. I believe we were on a day trip from there when we ran into Sue and Martin at the rest stop a ways up the road! Such great mutant memories!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 01:37 PM   #66206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyephoto View Post
What day are you pulling in to Effingham, I'm in St. Louis 2hrs away. If I can get away, I'd like to meet another RVM.

Is anyone going to the iRV2 Rally in Branson this year?
I dunno about Dave & Carol, but we think we will overnight there Wed. Would you be bringing a rig or just driving over for the evening?

As for Branson, when is it? Right now I'm too rallied out to gather any enthusiasm for it. (Too much regimentation, too much food, too much everything.)

We'd enjoy getting together if it works out this time. Mini-Cs are fun.

Cheers!