Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #659

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well new membership is slowing - but that's ok. We're still 29 RVMs strong. Some of you haven't checked in lately. How's everyone doing? Any journeys past or up coming up to report? Sound off Mutants!
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2013, 12:35 AM   #660

Fleetwood Owners Club
Finished carpet and floor project so now all we need to do is decide when to hit the road. As RVM 21 I really expected to win the big power ball lottery, crushed but I will get over it.
Alan24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:16 AM   #661

RVM1 checking in...

I replaced a leaking bath faucet and took over 100 lbs of stuff off the rig that had been aboard for a year without being used.
15 year old Grandson (future RVM) @185 will more than make up for that! To say nothing of the food bill for just him during our upcoming 10 day outing!
Taking him to MN for family visits there, and will provide new experiences for him along the way.
I think he will call a Duck Ride at the WI Dells "bangin".

Okay RVMs, thats my update. Would love to hear yours!

RVM1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:31 AM   #662

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My update-

The new cabinets and dishwasher are in and they are simply marvelous! I now have 3 large drawers, a tilt out, monkey proof trash bin and 4.5 feet of cabinet space. They are low to fit under the window and the top gives me 9' of counter space. All the doors and drawers have Tot-Locks, a child and monkey proof latch that uses a strong magnetic key to open them. We don't miss the U-shaped dinette they replaced.

Today's project is to reconnect the kitchen sink and dishwasher, unload the bathroom -- which has stored all the kitchen stuff and get organized so we can head north. Before we hit the road I have to divest us of about 150# to compensated for the new cabinetry which is made of plywood and MDF instead of the cheap, thin materials the factory used. Goodwill, here me come.

The tornadoes that hit 3 miles east of here and huge tragedy of the Moore, OK tornado (35 miles south) have this area in disaster recovery mode once again. Sadly, the Oklahoma City area people have had lots of practice with disasters of this magnitude. They do it well and refer to the way the entire community rushes in to help as "The Oklahoma Standard". I sent a donation to the Red Cross at American Red Cross | Disaster Relief, CPR Certification, Donate Blood. Cash is what helps best now.

OK, that's my update. Who's next?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #663

Flew to Vegas last Thursday and spent several days there. Had a lot of fun with family and friends. Had a Corvette out there that we didn't drive much. A guy in Kansas wanted to buy it so I left Monday afternoon and headed back to Kansas. North on I-15 and east on I-70 I went by myself. Spent the night in Grand Junction Colorado. Left early Tuesday morning and headed east again on I-70. Up at the Eisenhower tunnel it was 32 degrees and snowing. A lot of snow on the ground and snowmobiles out running around. Very pretty like a winter wonderland. Seen a lot of RVs out going up and down the long steep grades. Was kind of glad I wasn't in a RV. Got home late Tuesday evening. Delivered the Vette to the new owner this morning. Then back to work in the oilfields. Glad to be rid of the car. What I don't have I don't need. Going to get rid of some more vehicles soon. Need to downsize a lot of things in life. Plan to take the RV out this weekend. Probably not to the lakes as they are all reserved up, and too many people on this holiday weekend. Probably just boon-dock somewhere. Don't really care where, just want to hit the road. Happy holidays to all. RVM #17 over and out.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #664

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well new membership is slowing - but that's ok. We're still 29 RVMs strong. Some of you haven't checked in lately. How's everyone doing? Any journeys past or up coming up to report? Sound off Mutants!
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --
Just extended the planned journey by signing up to volunteer at Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge in N Carolina next year. We are now committed through June 2014! The big journey will be in September when we will be repositioning from Oregon to South Carolina - 3,150 miles according to Mapquest! We have almost 6 weeks available for the trip so should be able to do plenty of sightseeing along the way.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #665

Good show RVM24!

You are going on a fine adventure.
I look forward to reports as you trek through RVMdom!

Davd and Nola
RVM1
Old 05-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #666

RVM17, you are truely an inovative, resourceful RVM. When the time comes, I want the punch line on your downsizing!

Dave and Nola
RVM1
Old 05-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #667

RVM18, pics please?
Sounds like a fine redo.

Hugs to Sena

Dave and Nola
RVM1
Old 05-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #668

RVM9 Checking in. Been doing a lot of searching for reasonably priced switches that I can retro fit onto a couple of 12v light fixtures. So far nothing.

Anyone know where to get some twisty switches, or... small toggles that are not going to cost me a bunch?
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:10 PM   #669

Sadio shack... I mean Radio shack.

I found that key I have been missing for 2+ months. Radiologists couldn't find it. It was "near" where it was supposed to be. I can now walk around my MH without looking down.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #670

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
RVM13 reporting in, we just listed the house, now the real work begins!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #671

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
The day ours listed, we handed the keys to our realtor and took off on our full time journey. The closing was done electronically. Take my advice, walk away from it and let the realtor earn his 6%!
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #672

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1
So tell the truth. Is it really better than bacon?
Congrats!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote