Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2017, 07:09 PM   #67691

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
A couple days ago Earlene was feeling dizzy and then nausea. Doctor visit revealed a slight murmur. Cat Scan indicated a history of varying degrees of blood pressure. Today it was worse so off to the ER. She is feeling okay but BP is up and down. Normally she is as steady as a rock, fit as a fiddle and gets upset when her fitbit doesn't show 7000 steps each day.

Anyhow, they are admitting her and will do an echo cardiogram tonight or whenever so please keep her in your prayers. I'll report back as I find out information.

Ohhms with prayers are okay also.

Whaa?!? And now Earlene... Ohmms in restrospect, I'm sure hoping all this comes out ok for everyone!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2017, 07:29 PM   #67692

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Whaa?!? And now Earlene... Ohmms in restrospect, I'm sure hoping all this comes out ok for everyone!
Welcome back. How was camp?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:34 PM   #67693

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Well my site leveling turned out to be a lot of wasted time and money. Carl, you are right, this is a job best left to professionals with heavy equipment.

Oh the humanity!
Sorry to hear Barb. Did things collapse or something? Well, you mentioned some professionals were going to address it later. Weight on earth can be tricky sometimes, especially when drainage is also involved.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:36 PM   #67694

Vintage RV Owners Club
Camp was a piece of Cake compared to the stress I started feeling when I started reading about those I love looking like they were falling apart at the seams... but I see everyone seems to be home except Mel's mom now....

Camp was hot and humid, we had rain on a few nights, which is the best time for it to rain so it doesn't affect the girls activities. I was kept busy, and this year, I only returned to my room twice after dinner announcing that I was 'done in'. My energy levels are a little higher than they were last year, and that's a wonderful thing.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:36 PM   #67695

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sue... my dad moved us to Texas from California in a 1957 Plymouth Stationwagon in 1965. We had a burlap sack with water in hung in front of the radiator. That's about as far back as I go.

This a nice view...

Someone asked about the train ride. It's a definite possibility!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170618_183026.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	165695   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170618_183040.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	165696  

Old 06-18-2017, 07:43 PM   #67696

Fleetwood Owners Club
Barb if Carl is correct about the collapse of your retaining wall I might suggest you use the type retaining blocks like you see around the parking lots like at Lowes. They weigh about 80lbs a peace so might be more than you want to deal with but I see them used to level lots where they are stacked 15-20 ft high. Key is to stack each layer where they would be falling against the material they are holding back.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:53 PM   #67697

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Sue... my dad moved us to Texas from California in a 1957 Plymouth Stationwagon in 1965. We had a burlap sack with water in hung in front of the radiator. That's about as far back as I go.

This a nice view...

Someone asked about the train ride. It's a definite possibility!
There ought to be deer & antelope playing out yonder! Great setting!

We were driving/camping back & forth between southern CA & IL in the mid- to late 40s, long before divided highways & rest areas. Your road sounds familiar & the strategies needed to deal w/ it. We backed up Pikes Peak ... the only way the little Plymouth could get there. Our air conditioner was wet cloth hung in the windows.

Good grief! I forgit how old I really am!
Old 06-18-2017, 07:58 PM   #67698

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
There ought to be deer & antelope playing out yonder! Great setting!

We were driving/camping back & forth between southern CA & IL in the mid- to late 40s, long before divided highways & rest areas. Your road sounds familiar & the strategies needed to deal w/ it. We backed up Pikes Peak ... the only way the little Plymouth could get there. Our air conditioner was wet cloth hung in the windows.

Good grief! I forgit how old I really am!
Fine wine, my dear. Fine wine.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:21 PM   #67699

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Sorry to hear Barb. Did things collapse or something? Well, you mentioned some professionals were going to address it later. Weight on earth can be tricky sometimes, especially when drainage is also involved.
A few smashed blocks I was expecting, but when the RV started to shift sideways I pulled the plug. There is just too much to risk. Also the complexity of the hill sloping in 2 directions at the same time spooked me. DD was helping guide me and we both agreed it wasn't wise to continue.

So we'll endure the traffic noise until a proper spot can be made by those with bigger, better tools.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:51 PM   #67700

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Steve, I think it is south of Ely that a rest area is also an elk watching station. Did you stop there? Of course the elk, being much smarter than us humans, have retreated far up into the mountains now.

Do you see why I refer to Nevada as our country's kitty litter box? Lots of sand and steep on the sides. The drive from Ely to Wells is not as exciting. Try to stay awake.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:15 PM   #67701

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Steve, I think it is south of Ely that a rest area is also an elk watching station. Did you stop there? Of course the elk, being much smarter than us humans, have retreated far up into the mountains now.

Do you see why I refer to Nevada as our country's kitty litter box? Lots of sand and steep on the sides. The drive from Ely to Wells is not as exciting. Try to stay awake. [emoji23]
We made a friend in Vegas and they say the snow on the mountains on the way to Wells make it worth it. They were here 2 nights ago and passed through Wells on their way to Idaho. They're from Albuquerque so we have someone new to visit when we pass through.

We did not stop because as you say - just south of here and on the way to Great Basin. It's probably (guessing) less than 10 miles from the Ely KOA. We have 4 nights here and want to do a few things before moving on to Wells for 1 night. But truthfully. The view is easy to just gaze at. It's not remote by any means - but it's a great wall paper...

The good thing about the drive to Wells is it's short!
Old 06-18-2017, 09:23 PM   #67702

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
A few smashed blocks I was expecting, but when the RV started to shift sideways I pulled the plug. There is just too much to risk. Also the complexity of the hill sloping in 2 directions at the same time spooked me. DD was helping guide me and we both agreed it wasn't wise to continue.

So we'll endure the traffic noise until a proper spot can be made by those with bigger, better tools.
Bummer. Really does sound like proper shoring with heavy equipment is needed, including compaction and all that goes with it. The pros will figure it out when they look at it and ask what's going there. Just make sure they know the weight of your RV.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:41 PM   #67703

>"... Texas from California in a 1957 Plymouth Stationwagon in 1965. We had a burlap sack with water in hung in front of the radiator."

Geeze... I still have the 'water bag' burlap sack hung out in the garage.
Left over from the family vacation in the SouthWest... from about 1961.

Went out and fetched it up.

'Desert Brand' water bag, made by 'Ames Harris Neville' Co. San Francisco.
Trade marked with a pick, shovel, and gold pan.
Maybe take a photo tomorrow and post it up.
Been hanging out there all these years.

Air conditioning in the car... yup a 'wet rag' hung in the window.
Old man had 'seat covers' in the car. Made of clear plastic.
Got so hot you couldn't sit on it.

Good memories.
Twilightzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:50 PM   #67704

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilightzone View Post
>"... Texas from California in a 1957 Plymouth Stationwagon in 1965. We had a burlap sack with water in hung in front of the radiator."

Geeze... I still have the 'water bag' burlap sack hung out in the garage.
Left over from the family vacation in the SouthWest... from about 1961.

Went out and fetched it up.

'Desert Brand' water bag, made by 'Ames Harris Neville' Co. San Francisco.
Trade marked with a pick, shovel, and gold pan.
Maybe take a photo tomorrow and post it up.
Been hanging out there all these years.

Air conditioning in the car... yup a 'wet rag' hung in the window.
Old man had 'seat covers' in the car. Made of clear plastic.
Got so hot you couldn't sit on it.

Good memories.
Yuk. Yuk. Yuk.
Before we left for Tx. dad drove us all down to Tijuana and had new upholstery, headliner, steering wheel wrap, the whole deal. We would go to TJ every now and then. But that was the last family trip down south o the border. I was 9.