Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2017, 07:50 AM   #67887

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Ed... we are in pine tree territory and Annie is gathering up a little kindling for you to use at the Great Mooning. Problem is Sparky keeps dragging it inside to his post...

Hi Jackie! Hi Sheba!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170624_074424.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	166179   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170624_074058.jpeg
Views:	46
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	166181  

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2017, 08:12 AM   #67888
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski;
[...] The digital ones look more Tim proof!
So, is that like a deer stand?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:47 AM   #67889

Vintage RV Owners Club
Woo Hoo... have a wedding to attend today... Just wish I could enjoy the cake. I'm sure there will be plenty of nuts around... might have to save a few for Sparky and Sena....
Old 06-24-2017, 09:07 AM   #67890

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Woo Hoo... have a wedding to attend today... Just wish I could enjoy the cake. I'm sure there will be plenty of nuts around... might have to save a few for Sparky and Sena....
Sparky wants to know if Bess is coming to the Mooning.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:34 AM   #67891

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrojake View Post
Just drove 4+ hours (from central Jersey) in a hellish rain storm to check out 2 campgrounds in central north PA...
Buttermilk Falls in Shunk, Pa and Riverside in Montgomery.

Any campsite that has a <ahem> 'lounge' on the premise intrests the DW and I.
A hillbilly jug band helps too.
Unfortunately we don't have the camper on the truck so I'm typing this from a $150 a night hotel room that smells like vomit.

Every so often Hampton Inn gives me a bad room... Tonight is one of them nights.
Jake
Icko!!! I hope you "mentioned" it to management! If nothing else, they need to know the state of their rooms. Best case, of course, would be a refund.

What did you think of the cg's? Some of us keep lists (or "lusts" . . Ask Di) of such things. Descriptions & recommendations always welcome!

Cheers!
Old 06-24-2017, 09:41 AM   #67892

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
The cake ... a moment on the lips ....

Several years ago a zoo was celebrating one of their gorillas' major birthdays, 50 or 100 or some such, and served cake to all the visitors, including lots of children. One of the kids asked if the gorilla could have some cake too. "Oh no!", came the answer. "It wouldn't be good for him!"

Okay for the kids though?

Cheers!
Old 06-24-2017, 09:59 AM   #67893

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I know we usually take planning offline but Tim and I were talking this morning about the phenomenon we have created. We both read that over a million people from all over the world will be traveling to Oregon to catch a glimpse of a spectacular sight. That's right folks, it's a RV Mutant Curiosity. And what a sight it will be! Mutants from as far away as over yonder and just the other side of here and there will be gathered to celebrate life, the RVMdom, rainbow riding and a little thing called an eclipse. That's right. It's the Great RVMooning of 2017.. and we only have plans for 1 day....

Since Supplies - food and beverage shopping will be some distance away (perhaps an hour away for some things) and in high demand... we're suggesting mutants go against the grain and come in heavy... stocked up and fully mutantaed. As for when we will schedule group meals, Mutant Olympics, Day Trips, Fishing Expeditions, etc... we have some thinking to do...

Aug 17th - 23rd (out the 24th).

Thursday Aug 17*- Wine and Cheese - Meet and Greet

Friday Aug 18*- ? Will the Kimono and the Grand Poobah appear... ?

Saturday Aug*19*-

Sunday Aug 20*- Have not looked into area Churches for those who wish to attend local services. We will observe our Traditional Sunday Morning Inspirational, Devotional, Contemplational, Meditational, Ponderable Mutational. Followed by Bloody Mary Morning Noshing.

Monday Aug*21*- The Great Mooning

Tuesday Aug 22*-

Wednesday Aug 23 -

Thursday Aug 24*- The RV Mutant Highsign... as mutants begin to scatter near and far.
---------

Since Annie and I will be in Idanha the last week of July, we will attempt to get the lay of the land and pass on info as we go.

It's fast upon us Mutants. And I know there are still 3 sites on hold for us until July 1st. If you've been on the fence about this, it's time to pony up!
Old 06-24-2017, 10:07 AM   #67894

Today us Packing the Rig Day, self-declared, & tomorrow is Leaving for Wakarusa Day. The latter is celebrated by driving the diagonal between east central IL to north central IN. The bigger celebration happens when the guys at the factory finally get the windshield properly seated & sealed & the long slide properly adjusted. Partaaay!

So, there's a Monday to kill. Will there be any RVMs in the area, by any outside chance?
Old 06-24-2017, 10:53 AM   #67895

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Today us Packing the Rig Day, self-declared, & tomorrow is Leaving for Wakarusa Day. The latter is celebrated by driving the diagonal between east central IL to north central IN. The bigger celebration happens when the guys at the factory finally get the windshield properly seated & sealed & the long slide properly adjusted. Partaaay!

So, there's a Monday to kill. Will there be any RVMs in the area, by any outside chance?
Are ya gonna venture out when she's fixed or bring her back to the farm? Can't believe our paths won't cross until next time. We will indeed miss you in Idanha. I would have loved to see you choice of attire for this special event. Hard to top this... but I know you could!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FB_IMG_1429455862670.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	166196  
Old 06-24-2017, 01:47 PM   #67896

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Steve,

There is BBQ provided by Laurie and Jim on the 21st. I think it's lunch, but wouldn't swear to it.

I mentioned this before, but I think we need to address it again. Oregon is very eco-conscience. Creating the volume of trash that we typically generate at a GC just won't work. Laurie suggested that we use paper plates and then burn them in our campfires. BUT ... a recent article in RV Life talked about the toxic fumes created by burning anything but wood or charcoal.

So I propose for this GC that everyone please bring their own plate, bowl, silverware, glass, etc. I have a small basket that I'll use to bring my stuff to our group meals.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:59 PM   #67897

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Steve,

There is BBQ provided by Laurie and Jim on the 21st. I think it's lunch, but wouldn't swear to it.

I mentioned this before, but I think we need to address it again. Oregon is very eco-conscience. Creating the volume of trash that we typically generate at a GC just won't work. Laurie suggested that we use paper plates and then burn them in our campfires. BUT ... a recent article in RV Life talked about the toxic fumes created by burning anything but wood or charcoal.

So I propose for this GC that everyone please bring their own plate, bowl, silverware, glass, etc. I have a small basket that I'll use to bring my stuff to our group meals.
Eco conscious and burning trash... lol. Dickinson, Texas 1965.

Dave can make a Red Solo Cup last a year and half. But prefers his mutant mug for sippin whiskey.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:01 PM   #67898

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tim... I found you the perfect smoker. I'll be using mine in a just a little bit...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20170624_135612.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	166213  
Old 06-24-2017, 04:32 PM   #67899

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Tim... I found you the perfect smoker. I'll be using mine in a just a little bit...
Looks like something you would load up then lay on engine while you drive!

Barb they add all the dies to paper plates so the flames turn colors when you burn them!

When Mary would leave me and my young sons at home alone for a few days I would call for deer camp rules! Each boy got 1 plate, 1 fork, 1 spoon and 1 glass to last them till mom came home. They were to use only their stuff and wash it if it needed it! Worked great!
Old 06-24-2017, 04:45 PM   #67900

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ok Tim,

Providing your own tableware will always and forever be known as Deer Camp Rules. I'll add it to the official Lexicon. Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote