Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2017, 06:05 AM   #67915

Has anyone given Jake a copy of the roster yet ? That would show the states of our origin , or some such thing ...

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2017, 06:08 AM   #67916

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Just the blabbermouths
Wayne you going to let Carl talk about you like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
It's all a matter of perspective. Most everyone is from the east. East of Idaho that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Before I forget again, Laurie will have eclipse viewing glasses for sale. I didn't find out any more info than that, but I will. Y'all know that you MUST have eye protection to view the eclipse or risk immediate and permanent blindness. Also, welder's goggles DO NOT provide enough protection.

She also has River MT RV Park eclipse t-shirts for $20.
They sound out of this world!
Let's not forget our tie-dye shirts and dyes! Bring your supplies!
Old 06-25-2017, 07:32 AM   #67917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrojake View Post
Just a hunch but... Are most of the RVM's west of the Mississippi?

BTW...
Hotel wise, I asked for a new room on my second day of exploring campgrounds here in Selinsgrove, PA.
Fortunately this new room does NOT smell like stale vomit. (Nice, right?)

Sunday it's the long drive back to that cesspool I fondly call home; the bluest of all blue states: New stinking Jersey
It's all good,
-J-
Mary Ann and I are stuck at home just north of Indianapolis, BUT our escape plan begins its execution on July 15. Colorado, Utah, the great eclipse in Oregon. October finds us in Texas (west of Ft. Worth) for a wedding. Still awaiting news of the urban mutant gathering in downtown Little Rock.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:35 AM   #67918

R U an RV Mutant too?

We are west of the Mississippi, but center if the continental US, as are several... Maybe we need a guessing game...

mapClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3033.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	822.9 KB
ID:	166281
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:43 AM   #67919

Quote:
It's all a matter of perspective. Most everyone is from the east. East of Idaho that is.
Following the great mooning, our route home might take us on US 12 east of Lewiston. That part of our trip is still in the early planning stage. We might be too pooped to lollygag home after 6 - 8 weeks on the road. But it's a definite maybe.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:02 AM   #67920

I finished plotting our course to Idanha this past week. 9 maps and sets of directions using Map Quest. Never has one of our trips involved soooooooo much preparation and campground reservations. Inquires into Estes Park and Moab convinced us that "vacation time in America" created the need for reservations for areas anywhere close to tourist destinations.

We will spend about 75 miles on interstate highways from Indiana to Idanha. We should see many amazing new sites on the "backroads" of America.

Short itinerary: 3 nights in Estes Park, 2 nights in Canon City, 4 nights in Montrose, 4 nights in Dolores (at our all time favorite CG), 10 nights in Moab, then Reno, then head straight north and a little west to Oregon, 2 or 3 nights wandering across Oregon to Idanha. Whew, sounds like fun, fun, fun. BTW, same "wandering pace" back to Indiana unless we're tired and homesick.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:00 AM   #67921
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Icko!!! I hope you "mentioned" it to management! If nothing else, they need to know the state of their rooms. Best case, of course, would be a refund.

What did you think of the cg's? Some of us keep lists (or "lusts" . . Ask Di) of such things. Descriptions & recommendations always welcome!

Cheers!
Jake, Earlene had to go to a meeting when she was W*(Kin* and had such a room. Fortunately it was for one night. She did a nasty gram to the high high ups when she got home and they returned her money. Just sayin'.

Quote:
Ok Tim,

Providing your own tableware will always and forever be known as Deer Camp Rules. I'll add it to the official Lexicon. Thanks!
Okay everyone, a word of suggestion at the great mooning. Don't use any of Tim's plates or silverware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrojake View Post
Couple of points. . .

* Some of the thread photos (pics) are, well, colorful?

* Being a freshman here at The Institute of RVM is quite the experience.

Just watching the thread. Please carry on.
-J-
Jake, I just finished putting together some dates going back to 2014 that I'll be posting on my web site. I don't put my web site on the forum here but I'll be sending it out by "other" means. You still haven't asked for my theme song on the "other" means.

Barb, did Jake sing up for the email list?

Quote:
Just the blabbermouths
And look who's speaking! Besides we are not East or West of anything.

Quote:
That is totally incorrect. Everyone is from the North of us.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 10:28 AM   #67922

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Attention all ye RVMooners! I just discovered that the bottle deposit doubled as of April 1st. It will now cost you 10 cents per bottle! And that includes everything smaller than 3 liters.

BottleBill.org - The Oregon Deposit Law

Buy your 6 packs before crossing the state line.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 11:00 AM   #67923

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Attention all ye RVMooners! I just discovered that the bottle deposit doubled as of April 1st. It will now cost you 10 cents per bottle! And that includes everything smaller than 3 liters.

If you read the details, it's really slanted towards retailers in that they don't even need to take the dang bottles back! Or they can refuse to take more than 24 at a time. It's obvious who's in who's pockets there. At least here in CT, you can return bottles practically at every grocery, liquor store, etc., wherever you buy the dang things! I know we can't talk gov't stuff here but dang, that just gets me how one-sided things can be these days.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 11:10 AM   #67924

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:

OK, new plan - my bottles that I buy here cost me $.05 deposit. Since OR is now giving out $.10 for returns, I'm going to bring like a thousand or more empties with me and go to those fancy "redemption centers" where one can cash in up to 350 bottles per day and make me some $$$
Old 06-25-2017, 12:11 PM   #67925

American Coach Owners Club
R U a Mutant

Quote:
OK, new plan - my bottles that I buy here cost me $.05 deposit. Since OR is now giving out $.10 for returns, I'm going to bring like a thousand or more empties with me and go to those fancy "redemption centers" where one can cash in up to 350 bottles per day and make me some $$$
Might I suggest you buy your bottles in a state that does not charge a deposit like Indiana.
You could be our mutant millionaire
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 12:27 PM   #67926

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
One of the things I enjoy about spending time in family campgrounds, or any campground, RV Park or "Resort" is people watching. But there's something special about watching family campers come and go. The Anderson Camp here in Eden, Idaho is mixed use I suppose as it is right off the highway but the majority are famlies with kids. There was a birthday party for one of the kids here yesterday. The lucky kids came in a day or two early with their parents and RV. Others were dropped off by their parents before the party.

But as watched the RVing families arrive, 98% with tow behinds or 5th wheels, I was reminded of family trips with my daughter, and of my own childhood trips with my mom, dad and sister. But the folks here were 100% pros at the load out and back in. From the bed of trucks, racks here and there came fleets of bicycles, grills, area mats, fire rings, banners. I think they checked everything off the list and then some and never a harsh word or argument. In less than an hour they transformed an empty site into a magic land right outside of town and back to empty again.

Those times as kid for me were wonderful and at least partly responsible for the life I live today. I do believe there is a mutant gene that seals the deal. And I wouldn't be surprised if I just got a glimpse of some of the next generation of RV Mutants.

Btw - the dad's and older boys were deadly accurate at horse shoes. Actually fun to watch. No noise, no outbursts. Just good old fashioned serious horse shoes!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 12:39 PM   #67927

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Might I suggest you buy your bottles in a state that does not charge a deposit like Indiana.
You could be our mutant millionaire
The bottles are marked where you can return them. The ones in CT can be returned in OR (says so right on the label). If no designation of where it can be returned, no return accepted.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:44 PM   #67928

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
One of Sparkys friends stopped by to play.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170625_124057.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	166320   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170625_122240.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	166321  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170625_123634.jpg