Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2017, 12:29 PM   #68251

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Just a few days until the Midi-C in central Indiana. Does anyone else want to attend? That's Sunday the 9th. We have 8. Do I hear 10 or 12? Not too late to make plans from 150-200 miles away. PM me if you're interested.

Rephrase - - - Is anyone else able to make plans to attend?
It would be our honor and privilege... however, we are heading the other way Saturday. Clearing the way for Mutants traveling to Idanha.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2017, 01:02 PM   #68252

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Dale went back to the other doc, the one that they cancelled his minor surgery in March due to Afib. Doc says, I have an opening tomorrow. Guess what we are doing tomorrow?

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:51 PM   #68253

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFloyd1122 View Post
Thanks. I am currently trying to memorize it. Didn't know being a Mutant would require learning. But I plan to master it. Lol

Just keep it handy to consult... we add to it whenever we want, and even modify or mutanize.......

But the history of them is the point.... like why I am the sliding finger mutant......... any guess? Hint: a lust is a list...

Btw, what name do we call you? My name is Diane, called Di by most.... that is even my grandmother name.... i am retired teacher...
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:02 PM   #68254

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilightzone View Post
>"Poor Lily! She is exhausted from quivering over all the fireworks."

Wife gave Benadryl to our dogs... which may have helped !
I meant to pick up some children's Benedryl and forgot. Lily is only 8 pounds so I couldn't give her even half of a 25 gram tablet. My bad!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:07 PM   #68255

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
Dale went back to the other doc, the one that they cancelled his minor surgery in March due to Afib. Doc says, I have an opening tomorrow. Guess what we are doing tomorrow?
Ohms for a quick recovery, Dale!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-05-2017, 03:04 PM   #68256
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ok Dfloyd, there has to be someone in the crowd to remind you there is a test to being a RV Mutant.

1) Name one thing your coach dosnt have and you don't miss.

2) Proclaim the statement "The Journey is the Destination " .

And hello, I'm Tim, the careing, sweet, honest, trustworthy, loyal and kind mutant. Ps don't believe anything others might tell you!
That last statement is such a mouthful of HOG WASH! You know it's me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Welcome DFloyd, glad you passed the test so easily! Hope to see you sometime on the rainbow. I'm one of the mutants with birds and don't believe Tim at all Oh yea, one other warning, if someone touts a theme song, please, please don't ask for it!
...and welcome DFloyd, but it is I that have the wonderful wonderful theme song. When you are indoctrinated to the other means of communications be sure to ask me for it. I am always happy to send it. (For everyone to hear - and love me.)

Quote:
Yea! Many Ohhhmmmsss to Dale. Hey Dale, remember to milk the "Honey, can you help me?"
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:04 PM   #68257

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Ohms for a quick recovery, Dale!
X10 on the Omms heading to you and Dale. Of course your dad is in there as well.

So when you get a chance, tell us more about the 3 caches on the island.

Annie and I will check out the boat situation when we get there - now arriving July 20th and out on August 27th. I showed her the boat rentals and she's up for it. She's always the worrier and afraid they'll all be rented.

I kept thinking there might be a cancellation open up in Bend that would give us a week there but no luck and it's just around the bend, so 4 nights it is. Then to Idanha. Sisters is booked as is the KOA in Redmond. In Bend they did say I might be able to hop from space to space those 3 days. Maybe. Figured we might as well move on.

It's close. Can ya feel it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170531_224737.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	167696  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:12 PM   #68258

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Steve, Annie may be right about boats all being rented. From what I understand, Oregon only has 2 RV seasons, which I figure works for boats, too -- busy and dead.

Watch out! Summers in the PNW can be addictive! Sunny days with highs in the 70s to low 80s. It was strange when I saw that the grass turned yellow in the summer and was green all winter which is the opposite of where I had always lived in TX, OK, and KS. It's considered wasting resources to water your lawn up here, even though there is plenty of water.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-05-2017, 08:20 PM   #68259

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Steve, Annie may be right about boats all being rented. From what I understand, Oregon only has 2 RV seasons, which I figure works for boats, too -- busy and dead.

Watch out! Summers in the PNW can be addictive! Sunny days with highs in the 70s to low 80s. It was strange when I saw that the grass turned yellow in the summer and was green all winter which is the opposite of where I had always lived in TX, OK, and KS. It's considered wasting resources to water your lawn up here, even though there is plenty of water.
If they're on a public water supply, I guess I can see that. But if they're on wells, what's the point? Whatever excess water you place on your yard will wind right back up into the water supply under your own ground. I'm really starting to wonder about that coast...
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:09 PM   #68260

Barb, Deb, Dale

If we're coming into Oregon from the south/southeast corner, is there any hope of finding overnight accommodations for a slow roll to Idanha?

Can we boondock in the small towns that we pass through once we're inside of the state of Oregon? I really don't want to drive for 12 -14 hours because there's no place to "hold up" for a night.

Deb - - Prayers for Dale and your Dad
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:19 PM   #68261

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
If they're on a public water supply, I guess I can see that. But if they're on wells, what's the point? Whatever excess water you place on your yard will wind right back up into the water supply under your own ground. I'm really starting to wonder about that coast...
Remember Barb stays on the wetside. It's not that way here. We have green grass in our yards.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:30 PM   #68262

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Remember Barb stays on the wetside. It's not that way here. We have green grass in our yards.
Just for the record I rode a tractor till dark today to get all my weeds to the same height!
Old 07-05-2017, 09:38 PM   #68263

Fleetwood Owners Club
Often times I see and hear those praising others for the weight they've lost. Well just so you know, we've returned home after 32 days at the lake, countless cookouts, fish fries and ice cream making and I Only gained 8 lbs. (looks like 15). Now that's a real accomplishment in my book! Now all I have to do is not eat till the GC and I'll be ready for the pot lucks!
Old 07-05-2017, 11:50 PM   #68264

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
X10 on the Omms heading to you and Dale. Of course your dad is in there as well.

So when you get a chance, tell us more about the 3 caches on the island.

Annie and I will check out the boat situation when we get there - now arriving July 20th and out on August 27th. I showed her the boat rentals and she's up for it. She's always the worrier and afraid they'll all be rented.

I kept thinking there might be a cancellation open up in Bend that would give us a week there but no luck and it's just around the bend, so 4 nights it is. Then to Idanha. Sisters is booked as is the KOA in Redmond. In Bend they did say I might be able to hop from space to space those 3 days. Maybe. Figured we might as well move on.

It's close. Can ya feel it.
Oh Yeah!
The 3 caches are called: Gilligan's Cache, Gilligans Island Stone, and Monkey Boy 1. They are difficulty 5 caches since you have to have a boat to get to them. Monkey Boy 1 has you climbing a tree that is leaning out towards the water. The other two haven't been found since 2015 or 2014 so they may be missing. We'll play that by ear. Don't want to waste everyones fishing and boating time too much.

Fishing: What do you want to fish for? We have 2 kokanee poles and a net plus lures for them. We could bring them if needed. If we are fishing for trout, we'll bring that equipment. Find out if they are fly fishing on the river by the campground or using lures.

I read a report about Detroit Lake: "DETROIT RESERVOIR: trout, kokanee

The reservoir is now completely full and all boat ramps are in the water. The reservoir will be stocked again this week with 6,000 hatchery rainbow trout. Mongold boat ramp, among others, is available for launching boats.

NOTICE: Anglers are encouraged to report their catch on forms available at signs and kiosks which are being installed at key locations around the lake. Simply fill out the form and return in the designated drop boxes. There is also an on-line form." This was dated July 3, 2017.

This lake is the most stocked lake in the state.