Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #6833
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Okay mountain man suck it up your tough! It 35 degrees here and raining so I will just crank up the heat a degree or two and pour another cup of coffee and drink it for you. Think warm thoughts ohmmmmohmmmm.
Complaints in RVMdom?

RVM central has a complaint department. It is run by a kindly lady named Helen Waite.

If you have a complaint, please go to Helen Waite.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #6834

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Complaints in RVMdom?

RVM central has a complaint department. It is run by a kindly lady named Helen Waite.

Hello Dave !!!

Complaints ?? who can have any complaints on the rainbow ? errrmmmmm well I have one, I woke up this morning and the Magic Carpet was listing to the left by quite a bit, so I releveled it and then checked the jacks low and behold with all this rain there is a small sink hole opening up under my left jack. The boards I put down under the jacks have sunk about 4" so far, mayhaps I'll be looking for some bricks to bolster that Arizona gravel some. It is a balmy 51 degrees this morning and wet .... but the Michigan - Northwestern game is on today so the weather is just right. I have to say I'm happy happy happy that I wont be sitting in the stadium to be watching that, but in my easy chair and relaxing with a beverage. It has to be 5 oclock somewhere.

Cheers !!!

PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #6835
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Ah! Thanks Herb. It's nice to see something from you that is not....... well, thanks.

So the rest of you be warned. Don't take your parakeet to a dog fight.

Gee thanks Wayne! Smoothies mellow me out every time!

Well gee Herb! If you want a laugh for the day, just think "Curb" side fish.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #6836
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Can someone contact Hank Hill, I've just run out of propane on my deer stand. Hope the coffee holds up, oh the suffering I endur!
Send me Hank's phone number and your GPS coordinates and your CC# with CVV and I'll fix you up.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #6837
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Complaints in RVMdom?

I've been there done that, and Helen Waite is familiar.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #6838

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Well gee Herb! If you want a laugh for the day, just think "Curb" side fish.
Now you brought that up not me. Don't remind Earlene so she doesn't think about that. I got your back bud!
Old 11-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #6839
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Now you brought that up not me. Don't remind Earlene so she doesn't think about that. I got your back bud!
Are you kidding me! I have 5-1/2 months left on her calendar regarding that incident.

Every time I turn a corner I hear her sucking in her breath as a reminder. Sheesh!
Old 11-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #6840
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
regarding the 2015 Grande Curiosity -- let's please remember that we will need a venue that has pleasant weather. I assume that we will once again choose April, since it is the month that RVMdom was founded. And, choosing Canada will exclude Sena and I from attending. There's a stupid law on the books that says if I take her out of the US, I cannot bring her back home. Sorry all you Canucks, I don't think we could survive one of your winters.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #6841

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky
regarding the 2015 Grande Curiosity -- let's please remember that we will need a venue that has pleasant weather. I assume that we will once again choose April, since it is the month that RVMdom was founded. And, choosing Canada will exclude Sena and I from attending. There's a stupid law on the books that says if I take her out of the US, I cannot bring her back home. Sorry all you Canucks, I don't think we could survive one of your winters.
All good points Barb - and we also need facilities. As for April - we may need to move that out a bit as we have limiting conditions by some with school aged kids - and I believe Tima said she couldn't get outta her neck of the woods I'm April. I really don't remember how we settled on April this time around, but it's not a requirement in my mind. Weather, check. Facilities, check. Sena friendly, check. Closer to our Canadian mutants, check.

Thanks Barb and all mutants for throwing aside or tendency to wing it. A little planning and prep and we'll avoid problems down the road.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #6842

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I would think late July or early August would be a good time in 2015 and since we haven't made it to the Black Hills I must defer to someone else on that particular location . However if Mountains and Forrest is more in liking, I can say that Loveland Colorado, Riverside RV park at the foothills of the Rockies on the Big Thompson River is very nice. The park is not comparable to CL but is still very nice. Turn left out the front gate and your 20 min. from Estes Park and the entrance to the Rocky Mountain National Park.
Just another option to consider but we are open to any location. Here are some pics of that park we took last year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-742590901.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	596.2 KB
ID:	50607

Name:	image-1294575655.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	694.4 KB
ID:	50608

Name:	image-699382683.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	724.8 KB
ID:	50609

Name:	image-179954659.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	501.1 KB
ID:	50610
Old 11-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #6843

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Hmmm what's up with that? Let's try again...

Name:	image-3690126272.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	596.2 KB
ID:	50611

Name:	image-984967743.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	710.6 KB
ID:	50612
Old 11-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #6844

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Mom Update:

She's doing fine at home. Grouchy as a bear which means she's driving my sister crazy.
Old gal had 85 staples removed from her chest and leg yesterday. She's on the mend.
Good on her and we're happy for your whole family. The grouchy part is good, honest!

Quote:
Okay mountain man suck it up your tough! It 35 degrees here and raining so I will just crank up the heat a degree or two and pour another cup of coffee and drink it for you. Think warm thoughts ohmmmmohmmmm.
In the winter around here it rains and rains and rains and at about 33 degrees its a cold rain. Darn, just looked and it snowed up the mountain again. All the higher peaks that I can see from my house have snow on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hello Dave !!!

Complaints ?? who can have any complaints on the rainbow ? errrmmmmm well I have one, I woke up this morning and the Magic Carpet was listing to the left by quite a bit, so I releveled it and then checked the jacks low and behold with all this rain there is a small sink hole opening up under my left jack. The boards I put down under the jacks have sunk about 4" so far, mayhaps I'll be looking for some bricks to bolster that Arizona gravel some. It is a balmy 51 degrees this morning and wet .... but the Michigan - Northwestern game is on today so the weather is just right. I have to say I'm happy happy happy that I wont be sitting in the stadium to be watching that, but in my easy chair and relaxing with a beverage. It has to be 5 oclock somewhere.
Cheers !!!
Still have my Ohio Reds and Michigan Blues but somehow they shrunk as they will never fit the shape I am now. (Yes Wayne round is a shape) If I get done all my dofers and honeydos I may sit down and watch. Who you going to cheer for? (RD&H time) Please remember I was the guy in Red in Ann Arbor and Blue in Columbus just to watch reactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
When did we usurp the Black Hills. I thought they still belonged to youse guyses. eh? I would not come close to expecting any mutant to do something that would jeopardize their family setup. I can keep crossing the border, if I have to, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
All good points Barb - and we also need facilities. As for April - we may need to move that out a bit as we have limiting conditions by some with school aged kids - and I believe Tima said she couldn't get outta her neck of the woods I'm April. I really don't remember how we settled on April this time around, but it's not a requirement in my mind. Weather, check. Facilities, check. Sena friendly, check. Closer to our Canadian mutants, check.

Thanks Barb and all mutants for throwing aside or tendency to wing it. A little planning and prep and we'll avoid problems down the road.
RVM2
We started planning, why wasn't I notified of this silly concept.
I can see iff'n we all get to meet in person, Slickest, Dogpatch and I will be having a heck of a time teaching youse guyes eh, the proper vernacular.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #6845

Fleetwood Owners Club
Great news Les, except for maybe your aunt!
I've used less staples to upholster a chair! lol

Spoke with Helen, she already had many of your names on book, but thanks!

Wow haven't even had our first GC and there is bickering over the next year! Steve, I have to say it " I told you so!".

As I recall April was selected because 1) school would still be in and sites plentiful, 2) weather would be nice, not too hot, wet or cold. 3) AR was selected to entice Steve to show up, within his driving range.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #6846
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
As I recall April was selected because 1) school would still be in and sites plentiful, 2) weather would be nice, not too hot, wet or cold. 3) AR was selected to entice Steve to show up, within his driving range.
And CL rates go up on 5/1. Remember I'm frugal, not cheap.

okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote