Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #673

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The work I'm talking about is getting rid of stuff, garage sales, donations, craiglist, got a car and motorcycle to sell and some more stuff to get done on the rv.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #674

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviaCub
RVM9 Checking in. Been doing a lot of searching for reasonably priced switches that I can retro fit onto a couple of 12v light fixtures. So far nothing.

Anyone know where to get some twisty switches, or... small toggles that are not going to cost me a bunch?
Tweety's has a lot of rocker and other switches and the price isn't bad - but no twisty switches for lights. Radio Shack is a good bet for small toggles - thrift store and garage sales for old lamps etc to mutate and repurpose. Keep an eye out. You'll find em.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
The work I'm talking about is getting rid of stuff, garage sales, donations, craiglist, got a car and motorcycle to sell and some more stuff to get done on the rv.
Between Goodwill and a "picker" I got rid of it all in less than a week.
Ask your local auction and antique folks if they know a picker.
All of the stuff that we had forever was bid on and paid for and gone the same day.
They paid me for all the stuff that owed me nuthin. How cool is that?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #676

Waiting for the rain to stop so we can install 2 MaxAir vent covers and a Barker power jack. I wanted the jack so I can totally hook up and unhook by myself. Right now DH is usually needed to crank trailer up enough with the WD hitch to take the weight off to hook up the bars. I also have found the I-ball camera a big help for hitching. DH can't see well enough to help me with lining up the ball and hitch. Dramatically reduces the jumping out of the truck to have a look, lol. I have a new thing to add to my checklist. Went to put the slide out when we got home and heard a crunch. Stopped and found a drop down cabinet door had come open behind the slide, not visible. Fortunately the door still closes properly! Live and learn.

Tina RVM 29
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #677

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Tweety's has a lot of rocker and other switches and the price isn't bad - but no twisty switches for lights. Radio Shack is a good bet for small toggles - thrift store and garage sales for old lamps etc to mutate and repurpose. Keep an eye out. You'll find em.
Thanks for mentioning Tweety's They have twisty switches! ($8 each ) but they do have them.
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #678

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviaCub

Thanks for mentioning Tweety's They have twisty switches! ($8 each ) but they do have them.
Glad to help - somewhere I'm sure you can buy them in 100 lots for much less - but we of small demand must pay full retail. I wasn't sure if they had what you needed but when I think of little electrical projects I look there. They have a different kind of product selection from other sites. Good luck. Off to Tweety's now to see what you're looking at. - could spell trouble.
RVM2
Old 05-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #679

If you go to GW expecting to find a lamp or whatever to salvage a switch from, you can probably find the switch at RS for much less. When the GW moved to a new location, not only did they move further away from me, but they jacked their prices up about a dollar on items like that. Probably to pay for the automatic doors that don't work.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #680

Fleetwood Owners Club
Traded my BMW R1200RT in for a car. Getting ready to list the house (to much for two people and can't leave it or something needs attention) and retire. Scary changes for a very conservative person but looking forward to new simpler house and traveling. If the stars line up we will be at the IRV2 rally in Iowa. Rvm21
Alan24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #681

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well new membership is slowing - but that's ok. We're still 29 RVMs strong. Some of you haven't checked in lately. How's everyone doing? Any journeys past or up coming up to report? Sound off Mutants!
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --
Still here cleaned out the storage areas, removed a lot of unneeded weight (amazing what can sneak in when you aren't paying attention)
took the rig on a test drive out to Lake Mead (no internet) getting ready for a cross country run starting next month sometime...

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #682

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well cr*p, my laptop just died. I guess my journey will take me to Walmart to see what they have. Typing this on my iPad. Technology is one thing that came with us as we mutated. Going without it is a deal breaker.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #683

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Mutants don't need no stinking laptop! (Typing this from Google nexus 7 pad.) Save your money, battery lasts all day too!
Old 05-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #684

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Mutants don't need no stinking laptop! (Typing this from Google nexus 7 pad.) Save your money, battery lasts all day too!
Nah, I'm a heavy duty photographer. Need to be able to run Photoshop, Lightroom etc.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #685

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ooh-Oh. I may get my rvm status revoked. I thought I could do fine with just pads, but now I remember at Xmas I bought my wife a Nikon Camera because she wanted to take up photography as a hobby. She is not very good with computers, but seems to like the pads. If I have to buy a laptop, (something I don't want or need) I might get my RVM card revoked?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #686

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1
Ooh-Oh. I may get my rvm status revoked. I thought I could do fine with just pads, but now I remember at Xmas I bought my wife a Nikon Camera because she wanted to take up photography as a hobby. She is not very good with computers, but seems to like the pads. If I have to buy a laptop, (something I don't want or need) I might get my RVM card revoked?
Even in RVMdom - happy wife = happy life. Laws of nature and physics apply in the land of the rainbow.
RVM2