Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #6875

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I just did some numbers on the GC sites settled on and proposed for 14

Tina is 2704 return miles from Catherine's Landing and 2878 return miles from Spearfish
Les is 4604 return miles from Catherine's Landing and 2184 return miles from Spearfish
I am 4996 return miles from Catherine's Landing and 2652 return miles from Spearfish
I did not do anything further east than Tina and anything west of me requires a barge, and that's really expensive.

I travel about 300 to 350 miles per day so for me its 7 days each way to CL and 4.5 to Spearfish.

BTW I've stayed at Spearfish Municipal campground and found it very clean, very attractive and nicely laid out. Streams running through the property and fish in the streams. There's a trout hatchery nearby and its within a short day to Mount Rushmore, Wall, Hill City, Rapid City, Old Faithful, and numerous other great sites.

(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #6876

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum
I just did some numbers on the GC sites settled on and proposed for 14

Tina is 2704 return miles from Catherine's Landing and 2878 return miles from Spearfish
Les is 4604 return miles from Catherine's Landing and 2184 return miles from Spearfish
I am 4996 return miles from Catherine's Landing and 2652 return miles from Spearfish

I travel about 300 to 350 miles per day so for me its 7 days each way to CL and 4.5 to Spearfish.

BTW I've stayed at Spearfish Municipal campground and found it very clean, very attractive and nicely laid out. Streams running through the property and fish in the streams. There's a trout hatchery nearby and its within a short day to Mount Rushmore, Wall, Hill City, Rapid City, Old Faithful, and numerous other great sites.
Wow - it's like ya live in another country or something.

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #6877

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Wow - it's like ya live in another country or something.
Go figure eh?

The only one not affected too much by the distances is Tina and that's because she lives right close by the Center of The Universe.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:36 PM   #6878

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum
Go figure eh?

The only one not affected too much by the distances is Tina and that's because she lives right close by the Center of The Universe.
I am somewhat embarrassed to say I have the forms in my office to fill out for my passport. Guess I better get on that.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:45 PM   #6879

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I liked it better when we were able to cross the border on a whim and not have to worry about someone who couldn't get a job at McDonald's deciding on whether or not I'm worthy of crossing the border.

Back when I lived in the Soo and working in the steel mill there, I was staying at a campground in Cedarville Michigan and driving back and forth to work in Soo Ontario. On the way back to the campground I stopped to buy smokes (yes I once did) and realized I had left my wallet in the trailer. No hassle crossing the border to get back either so back then it was way so much better.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:49 PM   #6880
RVM1

Quote:
I am somewhat embarrassed to say I have the forms in my office to fill out for my passport. Guess I better get on that.
Git-er-dun Steve.
Once ya have a passport you are only a heartbeat away from retiring. Or going to Canada. Or both?

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:51 PM   #6881

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dennis - I agree. I figure if you and walk there ya outta be able to come and go as ya please. Even when headed south to sleep on beaches where panthers keep ya awake at night.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #6882
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I think I'd just open the back door and yell - Hey you ducks. Shut up. I'm not letting ya in until it gets below 10 degrees.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:04 AM   #6883

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok, so it looks like the second GC is planned, any suggestions on the Third GC. Man, this planning thing is a piece of cake! I've got a birthday party to plan coming up, maybe I could get some help on it. lol

Headed to church this morning, yes I know it's 5 AM but we are cooking 30 turkeys to serve following service today. You muteys have a grate day!
Old 11-24-2013, 06:37 AM   #6884

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ok, so it looks like the second GC is planned, any suggestions on the Third GC. Man, this planning thing is a piece of cake! I've got a birthday party to plan coming up, maybe I could get some help on it. lol Headed to church this morning, yes I know it's 5 AM but we are cooking 30 turkeys to serve following service today. You muteys have a grate day!
Oh that sounds like fun! Your church must be a lot bigger than ours. I think five would cover our congregation!
Old 11-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #6885

For us its 604 to CL and 582 miles to Spearfish. And we are only 109 miles from Lebanon Kansas, the geographical center of the United States. And only 750 miles from Rugby North Dakota, the geographical center of North America. Does that make us close to the center of the universe? I guess we can ponder that a bit.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #6886
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
QUOTE=PTJeep;1818875]Hey Wayne !!

Where is your pioneer spirit ? You don't let a little chill phase ya do you ?

Cheers !!![/QUOTE]

You can take all that cold and snow and shovel it right back up to the Eskimos. You can bet your sweet beanie I don't like the chill..
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #6887

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE
For us its 604 to CL and 582 miles to Spearfish. And we are only 109 miles from Lebanon Kansas, the geographical center of the United States. And only 750 miles from Rugby North Dakota, the geographical center of North America. Does that make us close to the center of the universe? I guess we can ponder that a bit.
Hey Don - given any thought to bringing the Jeep to the GC @ CL. The Jeepers have mentioned trying to get off road somewhere nearby?
Old 11-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #6888
RVM1

Quote:
Hey Don - given any thought to bringing the Jeep to the GC @ CL. The Jeepers have mentioned trying to get off road somewhere nearby?
Update on Jeeping at the GC:

The only places I have found online are pay-to-play spots that major in mud. Not my fav venue. :-(

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote