Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2017, 09:40 PM   #69833

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome Joe and Terry!! It was great meeting you two and hope to do it again.
Dennis and Marcie
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2017, 09:42 PM   #69834
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hi Joe and Terri. I'm the nice one of the group. you will find me friendly and sort of an introvert-- not like Tim. I'm also the one with the theme song so when you get indoctrinated to the other means of compunctions, just ask me for it and I'll be happy to send it to you.

....and also (see next post)...
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:46 PM   #69835
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
...we had a call from the repair shop where Citrus is parked and got flooded. They said they did an assessment and the underbelly was flooded and the electrical was flooded. When I was up there the other day I could see the water line about 4 inches above the bottom of the inverter/converter and transfer switch. In the front compartment all the 12vdc electronic breakers and fuse panels had been flooded. Water had seep up from underneath into ares of the carpeting.

They said that most likely it will be totaled. Earlene shed a tear.....but I told here "We'll be BaaaaK."

Anyhow, the house is still open for visitors and if you are 40' feet or less you can park in the driveway. Only 50A and water.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:18 PM   #69836

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
...we had a call from the repair shop where Citrus is parked and got flooded. They said they did an assessment and the underbelly was flooded and the electrical was flooded. When I was up there the other day I could see the water line about 4 inches above the bottom of the inverter/converter and transfer switch. In the front compartment all the 12vdc electronic breakers and fuse panels had been flooded. Water had seep up from underneath into ares of the carpeting.

They said that most likely it will be totaled. Earlene shed a tear.....but I told here "We'll be BaaaaK."

Anyhow, the house is still open for visitors and if you are 40' feet or less you can park in the driveway. Only 50A and water.
Wayne... so sorry to hear this about Citrus. So glad youse two stayed hi and dry.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:41 PM   #69837

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wayne and Earlene, so sorry about the demise of Citrus... she gave you many frustrations and joys. Maya will miss her too I think... Ah well... You'll get a different money pit to play in, I expect. Ya'll might just want to invest in a houseboat...
Old 09-05-2017, 11:04 PM   #69838
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
You knock off that houseboat talk. We don't need no stinkin' rain.

Wouldn't you know, the first year we decide to stay home and do some stuff around here and this 1 in 1000 year flood occurs.

Hey, The repair shop Citris is in had their insurance agent tell them 2 years ago that in the 50+ years they have been in business it has never flooded there so they cancelled their flood insurance. Sucks huh?

It to shall pass. It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it. We'll make something of it.

Unless things move along fast we may have to postpone going to Arkie land. Sorry Tim, I know how excited you were getting about seeing me again. Kiss kiss!
Old 09-05-2017, 11:36 PM   #69839

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

Wouldn't you know, the first year we decide to stay home and do some stuff around here and this 1 in 1000 year flood occurs.

Hey, The repair shop Citris is in had their insurance agent tell them 2 years ago that in the 50+ years they have been in business it has never flooded there so they cancelled their flood insurance. Sucks huh?

It to shall pass. It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it. We'll make something of it.

Unless things move along fast we may have to postpone going to Arkie land. Sorry Tim, I know how excited you were getting about seeing me again. Kiss kiss!
Don't they have a hideabed in that thing. You, Earlene and Miya just motorup to Tim and Marys and stay with them. Arkansas hospitality at it's finest!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:49 AM   #69840

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

You two listen up! If you had gone to Idanha you'd still have an RV. Your mistake was flaking out on the GC and the rain gods have punished you and how many millions of Texans? You flake out on Little Rock and more than just Texas will be plagued by disasters of untold proportions! We already are gonna call you Wayne Harvey -- yep, Harvey is your new middle name and if anyone asks what happened to the Houston/Galveston area we're gonna tell them it's all Wayne Harvey's fault!!!

So if you don't want to risk the health and safety of the southern half of the good old USA you'll do your duty to our country (and our hearts) and find a way to get your buns to Little Rock!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 04:46 AM   #69841

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well I don't really have any words here...

But here goes, your alive and well, you have family, both related and non-related, you have friends, you have dry feet, roof overhead and enough fat stockpiled to last a few days, you have Citrus insurance and as a questionablely wise man has said often, It is what it is, and It is what you make it. My prayers were answered when you came out of this safe and the fact that you may come out of this with a new MH with working jacks is just added blessings! That's it, sorry just can't be funny now, but don't worry, I'll get over it!
Old 09-06-2017, 05:59 AM   #69842

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

But here goes, your alive and well, you have family, both related and non-related, you have friends, you have dry feet, roof overhead and enough fat stockpiled to last a few days, you have Citrus insurance and as a questionablely wise man has said often, It is what it is, and It is what you make it. My prayers were answered when you came out of this safe and the fact that you may come out of this with a new MH with working jacks is just added blessings! That's it, sorry just can't be funny now, but don't worry, I'll get over it!

Well said Tim!

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:05 AM   #69843

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVforfish View Post
Thanks to all the Mutants for the Hospitality in Idhana. We had a great time and our Pink Flamingo shows us the way now.

Before we left last Tuesday we visited Silver Falls, spent a night in Corvallis with Teri's cousin, also the Air and Space museum. Nice to get out of the heavy smoke. On the way back it was headlights on super smokey until after Bend. We spent two nights in Boise ID, and boon docked two nights in the Snake River Canyon Wyoming. Saw the Teton's and had Dinner in Jackson. Two more days in Laramie for the Son's Birthday, and Arrived home yesterday to a dead hot water heater in the house so still taking showers in the RV in the driveway.
The smoke followed us home the whole way, but its better in Colorado Today.

I figured out what I don't have in the RV that I don't miss - A bathroom scale.
Could a RVM number be in our future?

Thanks Again
Joe & Teri
Welcome Joe & Teri, hope you can join the Halloween GC in N. Little Rock for a scary time..

We are 1/3 of the Arkansas Mutant family, and you will enjoy a fun Bingo game if Di brings the cards... Just don't clear your cards too soon --- long story...

More later, gotta ketchup, got behind watching Irma news... We have family in Tampa..

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
Old 09-06-2017, 06:15 AM   #69844

Quote:

News of the demise of Citris should not prevent an appearance in Arkie land. Many depend on you to keep Tim in line.. Best wishes for a good settlement & a great new RV in your future.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:41 AM   #69845
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Don't they have a hideabed in that thing. You, Earlene and Miya just motorup to Tim and Marys and stay with them. Arkansas hospitality at it's finest!
I know the cows have to put up with Tim, but why punish them. He'd be spending his time with me and neglect the cows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
You two listen up! If you had gone to Idanha you'd still have an RV. Your mistake was flaking out on the GC and the rain gods have punished you and how many millions of Texans? You flake out on Little Rock and more than just Texas will be plagued by disasters of untold proportions! We already are gonna call you Wayne Harvey -- yep, Harvey is your new middle name and if anyone asks what happened to the Houston/Galveston area we're gonna tell them it's all Wayne Harvey's fault!!!

So if you don't want to risk the health and safety of the southern half of the good old USA you'll do your duty to our country (and our hearts) and find a way to get your buns to Little Rock!
Oh Barb! You don't know the half of the "ifs." Don't you for a minute think we don't give it a lot of conversations. Well a word or two from me. Hard to get a word in edgewise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

Yep! We got spared the big house. The little house can be replaced. Thanks for the prayers - they worked, we are safe.

Please, don't give up trying to be not funny. It becomes you...well almost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
News of the demise of Citris should not prevent an appearance in Arkie land. Many depend on you to keep Tim in line.. Best wishes for a good settlement & a great new RV in your future.
Problem would be Miya. Where we go she goes and finding nice places that let dogs in, besides me, is difficult. I knew I had to insert "besides me," before you did.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:02 AM   #69846

Quote:
I know the cows have to put up with Tim, but why punish them. He'd be spending his time with me and neglect the cows.

Oh Barb! You don't know the half of the "ifs." Don't you for a minute think we don't give it a lot of conversations. Well a word or two from me. Hard to get a word in edgewise.

Yep! We got spared the big house. The little house can be replaced. Thanks for the prayers - they worked, we are safe.

Please, don't give up trying to be not funny. It becomes you...well almost.

Problem would be Miya. Where we go she goes and finding nice places that let dogs in, besides me, is difficult. I knew I had to insert "besides me," before you did.

Options:
1.You know, my house is available too......
2.we dont have a hideabed in RV, just 2 recliners, but have 2 outside
gravity recliners.......
3.my son has a very basic A frame popup that we could get down
here.

I will also check hotels if you want, or rental rv units..

FEMUC is going to be simple and very low key..... while I love E's cooking, it can be sacrificed to get you here....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote