Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2017, 10:02 PM   #70267

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2017, 10:38 PM   #70268

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Thanks all for the Oohhmms, thoughts and prayers.
Jerry my BIL passed away last Saturday. My Sis asked to not post details on the internet as he was a St@te F@rm insurance agent with hundreds of customers. Her wish was to keep the services small.
So Jackie and I left California on Sunday and made it back to Northwest Indiana for the wake today.
We will hang out here for a couple of weeks and see what we can help out with.
Condolences from us to you. I hope you are able to help out... it's hard to know what to do, and sometimes there isn't much but just being there and holding space with her is what is most needed. Being alone sometimes is the hardest thing when you are missing someone terribly.

MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:45 PM   #70269
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Mary Ann posted the above information on Facebook for me. Surrendering to pressure but maybe reach more mutants by doing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Now now, Sir Cumference. Mary Ann put the fine words of Papaw (The Lucent One) on the Facebook RV Mutant page for very good purpose! Hey, we know EVERYONE on that page!!!!

Mary Ann and Papaw, can you feel the many hugs in thanks for taking the lead?
The size of RVMville at this GC may eclipse them all!!!
Still purposeless! Now who gave permission to post MY info on FB. BTW, I can read the things posted on FB. I do have an account there with one friend. Not saying who it is but it could be you so beware.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:46 PM   #70270
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Jerry my BIL passed away last Saturday. My Sis asked to not post details on the internet as he was a St@te F@rm insurance agent with hundreds of customers. Her wish was to keep the services small.
So Jackie and I left California on Sunday and made it back to Northwest Indiana for the wake today.
Ed and Jackie, sorry for your loss. I now understand the dash across the continent.

Glad you are both safe.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:57 PM   #70271

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wayne... how is the Citrus situation proceeding. Hope it goes well. And heaps of Omms on that there...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 05:20 AM   #70272
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Still purposeless! Now who gave permission to post MY info on FB. BTW, I can read the things posted on FB. I do have an account there with one friend. Not saying who it is but it could be you so beware.
I bet it's Mark Z...
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:48 AM   #70273

Quote:
We send our condolences to you guys. It's always tough to lose a loved one. I'm sure your presence means a lot to your sister. Peace and strength during this time.
Papawto5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:49 AM   #70274

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Dale and I send our prayers and ohmms your way. Take care of each other.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:05 AM   #70275

Ed and Jackie, Nola and I send our deepest condolences and some big hugs. ❤️

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:25 AM   #70276
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Wayne... how is the Citrus situation proceeding. Hope it goes well. And heaps of Omms on that there...
Hey thanks for asking. I was going to post something and then one of the little men running around in my head with the information slipped away.

As I'm sure everyone is aware of there is so much destruction from Harvey. The insurance companies are real busy. I called Progressive yesterday and I finally have a date of Sept 27th for inspection. They said if I needed to postpone it the next available date was Nov 2nd. Yep, you can guess right I did not postpone it.

We went to it the other day with the thought of removing the storage boxes, those plastic boxes with the drawers in them, from the basement area. The drawers were full of water...we just shook our heads and left. Need to take the rubber gloves with us to deal with the slime. Tools and other items that can corrode have already corroded. Tools can be cleaned up with a little fluid and elbow grease. Portable drill, not so much.

First day we went there (Aug 31) we were able to put the slide out enough to get to the back end and some storage areas. The other day no electrical is working and I had shut off using the disconnects. Inside MH smells of "wet."

We will be glad when it is all over and the insurance makes a decision. I think we both want it totaled, even if we like the floor plan...we keep looking on line for a replacement and I'm waiting for Tim to send me the down payment. (Let's see who reads this.)
Old 09-21-2017, 09:26 AM   #70277
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Papa Steve,
If the creek doesn't rise, again, and we find a chariot with the ability to go UP, we'll be there. Dates not important at this time.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:59 AM   #70278
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Ed and Jackie, sorry for your loss. I now understand the dash across the continent.

Glad you are both safe.
I can't improve on what has already been said. Just know that I'm glad you are there safely. My wish for y'all is peace in this turbulent time.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:26 AM   #70279

Quote:
Hey Papa Steve,
If the creek doesn't rise, again, and we find a chariot with the ability to go UP, we'll be there. Dates not important at this time.
Sounds great. BTW, the cg has rental cabins, but I hope a new MH comes into your life before that.

We're in Texas (west of Ft. Worth) in mid October. We'll call you and Earlene to see if we can arrange a mini-c with youse guys and whoever else you can corral to meet for lunch or dinner.
Papawto5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:36 AM   #70280

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Hey thanks for asking. I was going to post something and then one of the little men running around in my head with the information slipped away.

As I'm sure everyone is aware of there is so much destruction from Harvey. The insurance companies are real busy. I called Progressive yesterday and I finally have a date of Sept 27th for inspection. They said if I needed to postpone it the next available date was Nov 2nd. Yep, you can guess right I did not postpone it.

We went to it the other day with the thought of removing the storage boxes, those plastic boxes with the drawers in them, from the basement area. The drawers were full of water...we just shook our heads and left. Need to take the rubber gloves with us to deal with the slime. Tools and other items that can corrode have already corroded. Tools can be cleaned up with a little fluid and elbow grease. Portable drill, not so much.

First day we went there (Aug 31) we were able to put the slide out enough to get to the back end and some storage areas. The other day no electrical is working and I had shut off using the disconnects. Inside MH smells of "wet."

We will be glad when it is all over and the insurance makes a decision. I think we both want it totaled, even if we like the floor plan...we keep looking on line for a replacement and I'm waiting for Tim to send me the down payment. (Let's see who reads this.)
Wayne... as I recall, Citrus has basement ac... that has got to be trashed... I can't imagine how long it would take or how much money to resolve all the possible issues. Heart breaks for you two. Annie and I would be more than heart broken and like you, the floor plan is such a big factor. We love midship living and forward kitchen / dining, the 1/2 bath etc. Every thing seems to be front living. I know it's all personal preference, but when what you love isn't out there... well, it's just tough brother. Best of luck.

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote