Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2017, 10:54 AM   #70855

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
This is what we're working with...
Wow, that looks like a nice site. Bonita looks happy there, clean and warm!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2017, 11:31 AM   #70856

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Sena and I went to one of our favorite stores yesterday - Harbor Freight! ......

BTW - with the coupons I saved over $20 off $83 worth of products.

Just mention Harbor Freight to Martin and you can see the Pavlovian response. Add "sale" to the mix and he's positively salivating, wondering what he needs or wants & whether he should go *right now* or later. [emoji857]
Old 10-18-2017, 12:02 PM   #70857

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Steve roll on over to the FEUGC and enjoy Fall! Last couple nights in 40's highs in 70's. Colors are really getting started, river is flowing, truly Gods country! Oh I'm sorry, that's right your Full Timers your stuck with HOT![emoji23][emoji23]
I have so far spared you the pics of the pool and hot tubs here Tim. And while the humidity has been high lately (17% currently), it's still good in the shade and evenings. Problem is, we have no shade after noon and until 5. So our little oasis will be completed by this time next week.

As for the FEUGC - you know we love your neck of the woods and I remind you my momma was born in Van Buren. In fact, we love it enough to have another GC@CL in April. But Annie's doctor appointments are here and we made those appts and this site reservations long before we left Az for Idanah. I do wish we could be there though. Larry and Di have been on a great journey and we would love to be there to celebrate their progress and see the rest of the mutants.

I predicted there would be a GC that neither Dave nor I would be able to attend - cause we just can't be in 2 places at once. The outer rainbow is a great place to live, unfortunately sometimes it makes taking a "vacation" a little difficult. Our price here for 3 months is $900 + electric - which means financially - we could easily leave for "vacation" for a week or two, but too many items on the punch list at the moment.

We will be there in spirit and look forward to the pics!!!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:33 PM   #70858

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Sena and I went to one of our favorite stores yesterday - Harbor Freight! And I learned an important fact about buying from them. In order to get the best prices and the freebies you MUST have the coupon and they don’t have the flyers with the coupons in the store. You have to come prepared with either the paper coupon or the online version.

https://t.harborfreight.com/?utm_ref...not%20provided

I bought 3 packages of solar powered 16’ rope lights for $9.87. I hope they shine bright enough to deter critters under the RV at night. When we were leaving DD's house I found the start of a critter nest on top of the radiator. I keep some mothballs in an empty uncapped 2 liter bottle sitting on top of the battery, but they had mostly evaporated.

BTW - with the coupons I saved over $20 off $83 worth of products.
We have always picked up flyers at the stores, but we have also gotten the coupons in an email. The best thing is they just opened a store in Lewiston last week. We no longer have to drive 2 and a half hrs one way to go to the store.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:34 PM   #70859

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
Wow, that looks like a nice site. Bonita looks happy there, clean and warm!
Since we arrived on the 6th, Bonita and CR-VMutant have been washed and The Auto Glass Boss has come and added some goop to a couple of window seals. They did a great job tearing down the dual panes, cleaning and resealing them - but a couple of gaps in the seal to the coach developed. They have a 2 year warranty on all the work and while it wasn't cheap, the windows look new. As for the goop... goop is always moving around on these things lol.

We've been shopping for either an umbrella or canopy and finally went with the umbrella. If it doesn't fit in the bay somehow - we will sell or donate it when we leave.

I have new resin beads for the water softener and new filters to install. I need to cut a.c. filter medium and install and the punch list continues. But it'll all come together sooner or later.

Omms continue for Marcie, you and pup.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:41 PM   #70860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Just mention Harbor Freight to Martin and you can see the Pavlovian response. Add "sale" to the mix and he's positively salivating, wondering what he needs or wants & whether he should go *right now* or later. [emoji857]

Haha..... me too.... Larry never could go without me....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:01 PM   #70861

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Haha..... me too.... Larry never could go without me....
Di you'll truly love the new HF in Benton. It's clean, well stocked, workers are nice and friendly and you don't have to worry about getting shot on the parking lot.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:05 PM   #70862

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I have so far spared you the pics of the pool and hot tubs here Tim. And while the humidity has been high lately (17% currently), it's still good in the shade and evenings. Problem is, we have no shade after noon and until 5. So our little oasis will be completed by this time next week.

As for the FEUGC - you know we love your neck of the woods and I remind you my momma was born in Van Buren. In fact, we love it enough to have another GC@CL in April. But Annie's doctor appointments are here and we made those appts and this site reservations long before we left Az for Idanah. I do wish we could be there though. Larry and Di have been on a great journey and we would love to be there to celebrate their progress and see the rest of the mutants.

I predicted there would be a GC that neither Dave nor I would be able to attend - cause we just can't be in 2 places at once. The outer rainbow is a great place to live, unfortunately sometimes it makes taking a "vacation" a little difficult. Our price here for 3 months is $900 + electric - which means financially - we could easily leave for "vacation" for a week or two, but too many items on the punch list at the moment.

We will be there in spirit and look forward to the pics!!!
Steve I know you had other commitments but since you were complaining about the heat I thought I'd at least pull your string. You have been quiet lately!
Old 10-18-2017, 01:52 PM   #70863

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Steve I know you had other commitments but since you were complaining about the heat I thought I'd at least pull your string. You have been quiet lately! [emoji23][emoji23]
Been busy and the complaint was really unstated believe it or not. The weather is closing in on great - its the Home Depot - Lowes etc - don't have these patio items because it's "Out of Season". Hahahaha... Further inquiry yields - "you're right, we could sell it year round but they won't send it to us." Then - when we land at a Lowes that the store website says they have 36 of the misters - row 26, bay 9. Nada. They look it up. "We don't have 36 of them - we have 4 but have no idea where they are." Never found them.

Then were locate a Home Depot with the umbrella - and on display in a red chile color. They tell us we have the tan color too. About 30 minutes later they finally find it. Then we learn - delivery 5 miles over to you is $79. What... not free shipping... no but you can rent a truck for $19 or you can go to Service Counter and they'll order it online for you and that would be free shipping.... ok. Off to Service. "Oh - they don't have the tan online - it's red or the cafe color..." Hmmm. It's right over there I'm thinking but let it go... then - can I get my Vet discount - "Yes, but not online, but here in the store. But that's less than the shipping so No." Ok... we'll take the cafe color and free shipping. Geesh.

So then I order two misters from Amazon which have been delayed - and Annie finds two at Ace. Buys one so we will eventually have 3.

And then there's the solar Butterflies and Dragon flies and Angels to be tweaked. And so on.

So my quiet is a largely due to the lack of excitement and the length of time it takes to relate such mundane nonsense as the above lol. Just living the dream and that in itself is beginning to limit my time to write but I always read. Never behind. It's good to be where ya want to be!
Old 10-18-2017, 01:54 PM   #70864

Quote:
Steve I know you had other commitments but since you were complaining about the heat I thought I'd at least pull your string. You have been quiet lately!

Da man be busy!

Tim, you're a great string-puller! It worked, didn't it?!
Old 10-18-2017, 02:28 PM   #70865

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Da man be busy!

Tim, you're a great string-puller! It worked, didn't it?!
Hi Sue.
We really miss youse two!
Old 10-18-2017, 02:30 PM   #70866

Steve, et al, BUSY is what seems to be common lately.
Replacing bathroom faucet nearly complete. But special tool is on order.
Got the Travler to rise and find all 3 sats! Now to remove TV and figure out the rest.
The list is much longer. Thank you Dear Nola! [emoji6]
Sisters arrive to camp here for the weekend.
And, yep, we missed 2 GCs, Steve! (3 for me).
But RVMs have managed to adapt, you know....Mutate!!!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:33 PM   #70867

My hubby and I are proud mutants.....hey you'll....a road well traveled...by any other name....would be as sweet....
Rockiemtnhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:34 PM   #70868

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Steve, et al, BUSY is what seems to be common lately.
Replacing bathroom faucet nearly complete. But special tool is on order.
Got the Travler to rise and find all 3 sats! Now to remove TV and figure out the rest.
The list is much longer. Thank you Dear Nola! [emoji6]
Sisters arrive to camp here for the weekend.
And, yep, we missed 2 GCs, Steve! (3 for me).
But RVMs have managed to adapt, you know....Mutate!!!
We're looking at replacing both bathroom sinks and faucets. We don't like the plastic stuff. And I'm not going into the other little things but they are numerous. Nothing of consequence but this is the time and place to do these things.

And yep... I mutate, you mutate, we mutate, they mutate, everybody mutate!