Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #701

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post

To all our Veterans, thank you for your service. I did not serve (other than 4 years ROTC) but my father fought in the British Royal Artillery in WWII under Field Marshal Montgomery. He was evacuated at Dunkirk, went back in on D-Day, fought through France, North Africa and all the way up Italy. His unit was poised to enter Germany when the Reich surrendered. I have vivid childhood memories of the tales he told.
That is great, RVM24! Yes, the stories from them are good to hear, and gives us an opportunity to re-tell them.

My Great Grandfather served with the 4th Wisconsin Volunteer Cavalry in the Civil War. In that conflict, they were the longest serving, farthest traveled unit. Their unit was extended after the war ended until October 1865 to provide Mexico/Texas border security. As the oldest son of the oldest son, I have many of his accoutrements.

God bless them all.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #702

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
^^^ what RVM1 said. Well played sir. Well played.

Safe travels and good times to all RVMs. And let there be fond remembrances of those family and friends who have gone before in service to our country. As a veteran, I salute all who served - especially our RVM members - who may - if they choose - stand up and be counted. USAF Air Traffic Controller, medically retired 1977.
RVM2
Thank you sir!

USN, Petty Officer 2nd Class, Training Devices Maintenance, 70-74. 4yrs, 3 months, 9 hours, and 15 minutes that launched an entire civilian career.

RVM1
Old 05-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #703

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We don't have an ice maker, heat pump, water softener, or dishwasher in our 5er and we don't miss them. Does this make us mutants? We aren't going to camp this weekend, because we didn't make reservations this year for the busy Memorial Weekend. But when I retire later this summer we will lots of time to travel and visit.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #704

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH
We don't have an ice maker, heat pump, water softener, or dishwasher in our 5er and we don't miss them. Does this make us mutants? We aren't going to camp this weekend, because we didn't make reservations this year for the busy Memorial Weekend. But when I retire later this summer we will lots of time to travel and visit.
Indeed you have qualified as RVM30 with all rights and privileges. We are a humble group of mutants and glad to have you aboard. May the retirement come quickly, your travels be safe and many, and the journey be your destination.
RVM2
-- Steve and Annie --
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #705

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

Indeed you have qualified as RVM30 with all rights and privileges. We are a humble group of mutants and glad to have you aboard. May the retirement come quickly, your travels be safe and many, and the journey be your destination.
RVM2
-- Steve and Annie --
30 RVM's! This is going to make for one heck of a rally!
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #706

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
This is sooo cool. 30 RVMs!
Welcome JudyH.
Between all of us RVMs, we dont have different things that we dont need and dont miss at the same time in different places together!
If that makes sense, you are as mutant as me. If not, you are at least as mutant as RVM2.

Again, WELCOME!

Dave and Nola
RVM1
Old 05-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #707

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Hey Batb - some time ago we were trying to get a group established for people with disabilities - handicapped folks - etc who RV. The outcome was a "club" and related posts get flagged and placed somehow under the club. Since i almost always use the iPhone and can't get to it from the phone - I never use it. Not sure how well it's working. I replied to a thread months ago about a company that installed door lifts in Motorhomes but that's about it.

Hope your journey has resumed. I know you'll be glad to find milder weather ahead.
RVM2
Whoops, that was a big senior moment, DUH. Where is that forum? I seem to have lost it?

I've been playing plumber all day and it is kicking my @SS! If I have to slide that 70 pound dishwasher out of the cabinet again I might just get violent. My kitchen is 47 inches wide and I'm trying to make it more useable and monkey resistant, but everything is a tight fit.

I'm awaiting a prescription to come by mail. USPS tracking says it will be here tomorrow, but we all know how timely they tend to be. Once that arrives, we are heading north. But I MUST get the sink working.

Our bathroom sink is how a clothes hamper. It was outside the toilet/shower room and 3 steps from the kitchen sink. We mutants don't need 2 sinks in a 25' motorhome. But, until I can get the kitchen sink working, we are without water. But, we are parked in a friend's driveway and have plenty of bottled water and wet wipes.

Thanks for the beautiful photos guys. It helped bring some peace back into my life.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:15 PM   #708
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Hey, maybe Mort our rubber chicken can be back-up mascot!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:40 PM   #709

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Barb - noticed in your quote I flubbed your name last go around. Many apologies and blessings on your camels (and Sena).

Sorry to hear of the travails but they sort a go with the mutating. It will be behind ya before ya know it.

As for the group - I found a link in the original thread by searching for "handicapped group" but on the iPhone it throws me to the web view which is not at all iPhone friendly and has no url to copy. Also why I don't go there often. Can't seem to find a way to it on the iPhone.

Anyway - happy memorial day.
Steve and Annie
Old 05-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #710

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch
Hey, maybe Mort our rubber chicken can be back-up mascot!
Sena hasn't missed a day of work yet. Resume is on file.
RVM2
Old 05-25-2013, 12:54 AM   #711

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
Sorry but I can't possibly imagine what your Windows laptop has that would cost $1500 to replace. I just bought a loaded HP laptop with Windows 7 installed AND Windows 8 on CD for under $600.
It's a gamer laptop. When it was new 4 years ago it was top of the line, FAST.

Thanks everyone for the advice on Vista... but that's not the problem. I had taken it apart to clean it (3rd time) Got it put back together but but it was having issues with starting properly. I changed the hard drive and reinstalled factory image... still had problems with it starting. I believe the power inverter daughter board is hosed or the battery is dead. I've just not had the time to test yet. Somewhere around here I do have a windows 7 disk.. I just hate to lose the things I got used to with vista. Now that I have two good hard drives I might try dual boot see what happens.
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:46 AM   #712

Quote:

Sena hasn't missed a day of work yet. Resume is on file.
RVM2
Here in PA, my Grandpuppy is my mascot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2816051089.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	39415
Old 05-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #713
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Mort, our rubber chicken, has been everywhere with us. He is probably the most well travelled rubber chicken anywhere in North America! He's been to Maui, Mexico, Sunshine Coast, Florida (Disneyworld), Oregon and Washington Coast, Arizona and all over BC.

You should see the looks I get when I go through Customs and they go through my suitcase. All the Customs officer says is "Really" and then I go through this whole explanation process laughing the whole time. Everyone around gives me strange looks, I wonder why? What's so strange about taking photos with a rubber chicken?

DW thinks I'm nuts! Mort appreciates being taken on all my travels. He has a photo album dedicated to him and the places he's been. Here are a few.

Name:	image-4209711041.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	718.8 KB
ID:	39425

Name:	image-1087642734.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	406.4 KB
ID:	39427

Name:	image-567871146.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	347.8 KB
ID:	39428

Name:	image-1564876796.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	472.7 KB
ID:	39429

Name:	image-3255881120.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	446.1 KB
ID:	39430

Hey Mort could be an RV Mutant! He needs nothing and is happy with what he has!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:25 AM   #714

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Mort, our rubber chicken, has been everywhere with us. He is probably the most well travelled rubber chicken anywhere in North America! He's been to Maui, Mexico, Sunshine Coast, Florida (Disneyworld), Oregon and Washington Coast, Arizona and all over BC.

You should see the looks I get when I go through Customs and they go through my suitcase. All the Customs officer says is "Really" and then I go through this whole explanation process laughing the whole time. Everyone around gives me strange looks, I wonder why? What's so strange about taking photos with a rubber chicken?

DW thinks I'm nuts! Mort appreciates being taken on all my travels. He has a photo album dedicated to him and the places he's been. Here are a few.

Attachment 39425

Attachment 39427

Attachment 39428

Attachment 39429

Attachment 39430

Hey Mort could be an RV Mutant! He needs nothing and is happy with what he has!
I think me an Mort could be buddies. Looks like he enjoys a nice cab or merlot just like we do.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote

« Trivia | - »