Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #7127

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post

I am the sherriiiif
You can be the dep-u-tee

Everybody sing!
Well can I at least have more than one bullet ?

PTJeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2013, 10:05 AM   #7128

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski
Sue,Judy, Tina, where are all the ladies on this casting call?
Agreed - casting the ladies is tough. Been thinking on that and keep coming back to Charlies Angles...

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #7129

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven

I am the sherriiiif
You can be the dep-u-tee

Everybody sing!
I shot the sheriff....
Old 11-27-2013, 10:09 AM   #7130
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I shot the sheriff....
Okay. You be the bad guy.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #7131

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven

Just kicked the song off like you asked... And I did not shoot the dep uuuu tee
Old 11-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #7132
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Just kicked the song off like you asked... And I did not shoot the dep uuuu tee
Or trusty side kick?

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #7133

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok, on my IPad we are at page 510. I've got some shopping to do before two sons and two daughter in laws and a 3 and 2yo show up for weekend. Tomorrow will bring around 25 more sons, d-I- L, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends and sometimes people I think just drift in. So my time is stressed, please keep chit chat to a minimum while I'm gone. I don't have time to do a lot of catch up reading!
Old 11-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #7134

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
While there are still shopping days till Christmas - thought I'd follow Barbs lead with a RVM endorsement.

If ya have someone special on your list and want to spend a little cash - I highly recommend the Strongback Chair. Anyone who has ever sat it loves it. It really does provide excellent back support. Like all RVM endorsements - I am not affiliated with the company in any way. It is simply a great product in my opinion. Worth the extra $s over a traditional camp chair.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #7135

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Jeff - Fridge

I found this in my email from David Force re testing: Keep the thermistor unplugged from start to a final cold temp. With unit thermistor unplugged it will get as cold as possible provided fans running, foam pack sealed (confirmed air tight) and level.

Which reminds me - are the fans running in operating mode.

Also - from the rvcoolingunit site (.com not .net) under tech info. A blockage is caused when the fridge has been operated in an off level condition. The heat that is generated by the propane flame or the electric heating element is the force that initiates the boiling cycle of the ammonia solutions inside the cooling unit. This action is similar to the familiar coffee percolator where the water is lifted by the heat and flows by gravity down over the coffee grounds.
The refrigerator depends on gravity to move the solutions through the system once the heat source has lifted the solutions to the top of the cooling unit. The passages that the solution must travel through have only a slight slope to them and any off-level condition will hinder this gravity flow. Parking on a hill, with your refer running while you go off to lunch, starts the degradation of the system and every time you do this, it adds up. There is no way to reverse this problem.
What happens in this situation, is that the solution in the cooling unit gets overheated, and a component of this solution crystallizes and becomes solid particles that float around and lodge where they're not supposed to.
Tipping the refer upside down, may or may not, dislodge the particles, but they are still in there and will (sooner or later) plug things up again.
You have two choices ... replace the cooling unit (brand-new or remanufactured) or replace the entire refrigerator. We have both a brand-new or remanufactured cooling units in stock. The best saving is the cooling unit as this is a very easy Do it Yourself type of job.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #7136

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Maybe I can help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Steve !!!

Well currently it says 54 degrees F. I have picked out a repairman to come and take a look at it but.
Cheers !!!
Check the refer for stored codes. Instructions on how to do this are in the troubleshooting guide in the files section or directly from Norcold.

Maybe I can help with this. I have the same refer and have been able to make it maintain the interior temp right at 34F, as long as nobody leaves it open too long.

You're going to need a volt/ohm meter. Even a cheap one will do the trick.

If it's too warm on gas take a look at the flame. If it's too warm on A/C check the resistance of the two heating elements. If the flame/heaters look OK try moving the thermistor UP on the fin, or even to a fin further to the right.

Chech the resistance of the Thermistor. The proper resistance at 68F is in the troubleshooting manual. (meaning I don't remember what it is!)

Look up the 'Muddypaws Mod'. This will fool the thermistor into reading higher fin temps than actual and won't cause the refer to go into BOS mode or shut down completely when it goes into defrost.

I know it's counter to what everyone thinks but my 1201 works best on a setting of 3 or 4. If I put it any higher than that it actually raises the interior temp.

How is it installed? There should be no more than an inch clearance between the heat exchanger and the exterior walls of the refer box. Anything bigger misses up the air flow and makes it much less efficient. The installation manual states it very clearly but some builders 'do their own thing'.

Are both fans working? One dead fan will do exactly what you're experiencing. So will anything that obsructs the airflow. Like a critter nest, leaves in the vent etc.

Is the thermostatic fan switch working? On mine it's mounted high up on the right side of the upper most fin. For me it was easy to get to but your's may not be.

And of course, you may have bad door seals.

I was able to get a friends 1201 to cool down to 40 by simply putting a small desk fan at the bottom of the cooler to force air in and up. It was a Winnebago, it had 6 inches of airspace behind the heat exchanger. Installed improperly.

I'm sure Wayne will attest to how resistant I am to putting a residential in my rig. Lets just say I have my reasons and let it go at that.

Good luck with it. If I can help with specific questions shoot me a PM.

Muddypaws, Proud to be Mutant #56 (I think - the numbers keep mutating in my mutated head)
Old 11-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #7137

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Jamie Lee Curtis can play me, although she has a few years on me. But I'm not eating Activia...just saying.

OK, folks - the car hunt is on. So far have ruled out everything but the following:
Chevy Equiinox
GMC Terrain
Jeep Compass

Or, keep the CR-V. Of the three, I like the Terrain the best, but have yet to drive any of them. I did get an out the door quote of $25491 on a loaded Jeep Compass Limited 4x4, $22033 on a more basic Compass Latitude 4x4. Going to drive the Jeep today if it quits SNOWING! And people wonder if they should winterize their RVs in Virginia. It's going down to 17 tonight.
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #7138

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
If memory serves me correctly Dwayne had offered up technical advice before, hum now we find out he' a Jim Carrie type, oh brother.
yep my hart is big but I like to joke around

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #7139

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
RVM55

My DW is in love with the GMC Terrain. My B-I-L has one and when we visited him in Edmonton last February she got to be chauffeured around in it and then even drive it in the snow. She enjoyed the experience so much she wants to buy one for her next vehicle. My B-I-L has nothing but praise for it over the last two years.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #7140

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Jamie Lee Curtis can play me, although she has a few years on me. But I'm not eating Activia...just saying.

OK, folks - the car hunt is on. So far have ruled out everything but the following:
Chevy Equiinox
GMC Terrain
Jeep Compass

Or, keep the CR-V. Of the three, I like the Terrain the best, but have yet to drive any of them. I did get an out the door quote of $25491 on a loaded Jeep Compass Limited 4x4, $22033 on a more basic Compass Latitude 4x4. Going to drive the Jeep today if it quits SNOWING! And people wonder if they should winterize their RVs in Virginia. It's going down to 17 tonight.
Hey Elizabeth !!

Don't forget to look at 1 - 3 year old Wranglers or leased Wranglers the price comes down quite a bit and they are still in great shape. When I bought mine it was a 2008 and it was 2012 when I bought it and it is doing just fine.

Cheers !!!

PTJeep is online now   Reply With Quote

« Endless Tale Game | - »