Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2017, 09:11 PM   #71471

Monaco Owners Club
Steve, you need a food processor. I'm not big on eggplant, but the rest sounds delish.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2017, 09:30 PM   #71472

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
Steve, you need a food processor. I'm not big on eggplant, but the rest sounds delish.
Have you tried baba ganoush....

3 medium Italian eggplants (about 2 pounds total)

3 medium cloves of garlic, minced

2 tablespoons juice from 1 lemon, plus more as desired

3 tablespoons tahini

1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving

1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves

Kosher salt

You really cook the heck out of the the eggplant and char it and it gets a Smokey flavor. On a warm pita or lettuce leaf.

Annie reminded she has 2 small choppers... I gave away my Kitchenaide Processor when we went fulltime. I opted to use the space for the Vitamix (cause it makes margaritas.) The processor was great. Had a ton of blades and discs and a large and small bowl.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:55 PM   #71473

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Have you tried baba ganoush....

3 medium Italian eggplants (about 2 pounds total)

3 medium cloves of garlic, minced

2 tablespoons juice from 1 lemon, plus more as desired

3 tablespoons tahini

1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving

1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves

Kosher salt

You really cook the heck out of the the eggplant and char it and it gets a Smokey flavor. On a warm pita or lettuce leaf.

Annie reminded she has 2 small choppers... I gave away my Kitchenaide Processor when we went fulltime. I opted to use the space for the Vitamix (cause it makes margaritas.) The processor was great. Had a ton of blades and discs and a large and small bowl.
It sounds good, we may give it a try. We never leave home without a food processor. I have a blender that is in there somewhere but then we don't fulltime so I guess there are priorities.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:54 PM   #71474

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
It sounds good, we may give it a try. We never leave home without a food processor. I have a blender that is in there somewhere but then we don't fulltime so I guess there are priorities.
If ya want to try it... this is the recipe I worked with.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...sh-recipe.html

Maybe try some at a Mediterian restaurant. It's a bit of a chore especially if you don't like it lol.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:39 AM   #71475

Quote:
If ya want to try it... this is the recipe I worked with.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...sh-recipe.html

Maybe try some at a Mediterian restaurant. It's a bit of a chore especially if you don't like it lol.

Wish you would think about a spin off page.....
R U an RV Mutant Foodie.......
i enjoy the food pictures, but too many make me not as interested....

I really enjoy seeing people and what they are doing, and conversations.......
jmho....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:41 AM   #71476

HAPPY VETERANS DAY to all who served... thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3620.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	182607
Old 11-11-2017, 09:20 AM   #71477

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
https://youtu.be/3st-Hai1y54
Old 11-11-2017, 01:18 PM   #71478

By all means Di, a tip of the hat to all of our American and Canadian veterans. Life, as we know it and love, would not be what it is today without the sacrifice of our men and women in uniform.

In my studies of conflict in the world, since time began, has educated me to understand the important role of ALL military service men and women. Home or abroad, combat or not, it takes a team to get the job done. All who have worn the uniform deserve our admiration.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 03:17 PM   #71479

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Change of subject?
Old 11-11-2017, 06:57 PM   #71480

I was chatting with Charlene on the phone today and he tells me that not all is rosy in whoseville. Too many who's who in whoseville or was it the udder way round. To much milk in whoseville? I may have to call back and replay the conversation because I am a Taleskers or three away from inebriation. Bwahahahaha
Wandersabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:38 PM   #71481

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Wish you would think about a spin off page.....
R U an RV Mutant Foodie.......
i enjoy the food pictures, but too many make me not as interested....

I really enjoy seeing people and what they are doing, and conversations.......
jmho....

Steve.....

I was serious, kinda like Sohapi,s Trading recipes thread.... i miss that and still have it bookmarked.....
Old 11-11-2017, 08:59 PM   #71482

Fleetwood Owners Club
Travel Day and Airplane Stories

One of those 'interesting' travel days:
Started out this morning in Las Vegas. Pulled into what was supposed to be an RV friendly Pilot station. Diesels maybe, not the gasoline pumps. No problem, just pull around through where these trucks are parked... uh oh, dead end. Backed up slowly & pulled back out of station. Head for the Interstate ramp, bypassed it, ended up by the BMV & police impound yard, turned around & went back to interstate, found out that it would have taken a u-turn to access the exit. Whose bright idea was that? Went to a different gas station we had seen before, few miles out of our way but easy access. Got in OK but pump wouldn't accept debit card. OK, use credit card instead. Finally on the road, arguing with the GPS, have no idea why it wants us to take more complicated route. Took route 93 south into Arizona, crossed the big bridge at Hoover Dam (Carol hid in the back) but couldn't really see the dam from the bridge. Part of 93 was smooth pavement, a bunch was pretty rough though. four lanes all the way.
We're settled in west of Kingman AZ, some traffic noise but not too bad.

Now, airplane stories:
The RV park in Las Vegas was a bit south of Ellis AFB. F-15s are overhead...and LOUD... and frequent... nice park otherwise.
At the Vegas gas stop, I heard something and looked up to see 5 WWII warbirds in formation, a twin engine, twin tailed something (B-25 maybe, too big for a P-38) and 4 fighters. I probably built models of all of them as a kid, but they were too far away to clearly identify. Must have been an air show, they kept circling an area east of where we were.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:38 PM   #71483

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
One of those 'interesting' travel days:
Started out this morning in Las Vegas. Pulled into what was supposed to be an RV friendly Pilot station. Diesels maybe, not the gasoline pumps. No problem, just pull around through where these trucks are parked... uh oh, dead end. Backed up slowly & pulled back out of station. Head for the Interstate ramp, bypassed it, ended up by the BMV & police impound yard, turned around & went back to interstate, found out that it would have taken a u-turn to access the exit. Whose bright idea was that? Went to a different gas station we had seen before, few miles out of our way but easy access. Got in OK but pump wouldn't accept debit card. OK, use credit card instead. Finally on the road, arguing with the GPS, have no idea why it wants us to take more complicated route. Took route 93 south into Arizona, crossed the big bridge at Hoover Dam (Carol hid in the back) but couldn't really see the dam from the bridge. Part of 93 was smooth pavement, a bunch was pretty rough though. four lanes all the way.
We're settled in west of Kingman AZ, some traffic noise but not too bad.

Now, airplane stories:
The RV park in Las Vegas was a bit south of Ellis AFB. F-15s are overhead...and LOUD... and frequent... nice park otherwise.
At the Vegas gas stop, I heard something and looked up to see 5 WWII warbirds in formation, a twin engine, twin tailed something (B-25 maybe, too big for a P-38) and 4 fighters. I probably built models of all of them as a kid, but they were too far away to clearly identify. Must have been an air show, they kept circling an area east of where we were.
Not laughing at you but with you. We had an experience one time in Vegas that found us in a place we just should not have been. Good old Garmelda got us there but she did get us back out. Lesson I learned was to have enough fuel not to have to stop there.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:39 AM   #71484

Just so's you know ....

The pictures are of Sena and a friend. Wayne we all thought you would like these pictures.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_7616.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	182674   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7618.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	198.6 KB
ID:	182675  

Name:	IMG_7607.jpg