Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #7225

Turcon coma....ZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzz. No football. Fire in fireplace. Who cares what the temp is outside!

Cheers!
Sue

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #7226
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well the world must have decided to treat us to a mutant Thanksgiving Day. Here in southern WA state where you would expect cold and rainy weather, we had glorious sunshine ALL DAY!!! and temps in the high 50’s.

And then there was North Texas Wish you were here?

And Sue, once you come out of the food coma, please describe the bacon basted bird in detail. Mutant minds need to know if this idea should be replicated at the GC@CL?

okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #7227

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I wonder if Sena and Lily would lead a parade of tiny dogs? That sounds like something worth filming to me.

I am not going to tell you how the turkey and pork shoulder came out. You will have to guess. But I can barely keep my eyes open...
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #7228

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Before I doze back off -

Hey Mike - you out there buddy. Happy Thanksgiving Dunner!
Old 11-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #7229
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome aboard Cindy! I knew you'd fit right in with this group.

I will confess to nudging Cindy to find her place here on the rainbow after reading her post on a Solos thread.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #7230
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I wonder if Sena and Lily would lead a parade of tiny dogs? That sounds like something worth filming to me.

I am not going to tell you how the turkey and pork shoulder came out. You will have to guess. But I can barely keep my eyes open...
Lily would delightfully lead a pack of mutant pups. At only 8 pounds, she isn't far from being tiny herself. Sena, however, is very slow to warm up to new canines and big black ones are VERY scary! She probably has some genetic memory of the capuchin's biggest predator, the black panther.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #7231
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Well the world must have decided to treat us to a mutant Thanksgiving Day. Here in southern WA state where you would expect cold and rainy weather, we had glorious sunshine ALL DAY!!! and temps in the high 50’s. And then there was North Texas Wish you were here? And Sue, once you come out of the food coma, please describe the bacon basted bird in detail. Mutant minds need to know if this idea should be replicated at the GC@CL?
I distinctly heard "bacon".

Bacon wrapped Smokies with brown sugar and butter.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3545226916.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	376.3 KB
ID:	50927

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #7232

I'm here and following along Flagship!! Had two different couples come to see the boat today, so been busy. But both seem interested, especially the last couple. Keep fingers crossed, if we sell you will see us at the great GC. Assuming I can wrap my brain around mutant RVing in time! Wish us luck. By the way very cool bacon turkey. Wish I could see/eat/lick/smell, oh never mind!
Old 11-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #7233

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Harriet
I'm here and following along Flagship!! Had two different couples come to see the boat today, so been busy. But both seem interested, especially the last couple. Keep fingers crossed, if we sell you will see us at the great GC. Assuming I can wrap my brain around mutant RVing in time! Wish us luck. By the way very cool bacon turkey. Wish I could see/eat/lick/smell, oh never mind!
Whoo Hoo - guaranteed - settling into and wrapping brain around mutant RVing is like falling overboard. Anyone can do it! Best of luck on the sale.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #7234

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Harriet View Post
Driving an RV is easy peasy. You need to find CL and that's easy peasy too. Just tape a picture of the CL site on the front of your RV unit and follow it to the GC. I'm still working on trying to get there and none of my numbers were any good last night so hopefully Friday.

Also I see I have to congratulate our newest Mutant, Cindy, AKA 63. Welcome to the fold young lady and my your journey always be the destination.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #7235

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Well the world must have decided to treat us to a mutant Thanksgiving Day. Here in southern WA state where you would expect cold and rainy weather, we had glorious sunshine ALL DAY!!! and temps in the high 50ís.

And then there was North Texas Wish you were here?

And Sue, once you come out of the food coma, please describe the bacon basted bird in detail. Mutant minds need to know if this idea should be replicated at the GC@CL?
Woo hoo! Sunshine where you are! A rare and wonderful delight!

As for that bacon-basted turkey, 4 of us finished off half the bird and bacon, so I reckon it was not bad. 'Course my recipe said to put the bird breast down, so my bacon quilt basted its back.... Having said that, gravity kept the juices in the breast meat and the skin was lovely. We basted it the last 15 min. or so with a glaze of maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and butter, so the gravy made in the roasting pan was delish.

We also had bacon-wrapped green bean bundles, at great risk of over-baconning ourselves. (Is there such a thing?). Look online for recipes. Pretty tasty!

We seem to have a right talented curiosity of cooks in this group. I don't count as one of them, and I can hardly wait for our first potluck. Or is that "potlick"?

Are we all recovering now?

Cheers!
Sue
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	342.5 KB
ID:	50931  
Old 11-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #7236

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to the newest mutants. I hope this has been a wonderful holiday for all, I am not sure about the bacon coated turkey,,,,, Did someone really cook one of those things? Sue? or was it a spoof?
I have 2 small dogs who would join the parade, but they aren't tiny dogs, so they may have to follow in a size progression, from tiny to small.
JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #7237

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Oh Sue you slipped that in front of my question. Perfect! I love how some of you can anticipate questions and answer them before they are asked.
It sure looks yummy, for a bacony bird treat. Not sure I will try this, but I am impressed!
JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #7238

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
Welcome to the newest mutants. I hope this has been a wonderful holiday for all, I am not sure about the bacon coated turkey,,,,, Did someone really cook one of those things? Sue? or was it a spoof?
I have 2 small dogs who would join the parade, but they aren't tiny dogs, so they may have to follow in a size progression, from tiny to small.
Hey JudyH. Good to hear from you again!

Guilty as charged. I really did put a bacon quilt over my turkey, but did not wrap the wings and legs as in the original photo. I just liked the idea of bacon instead of butter for a change. Nothing against butter, just something different. Besides, the weavin' was easy!

Cheers!
Sue