RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2018, 09:24 AM   #73067

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Hi all! West Memphis to Little Rock in one day today. What a long slog! I'm sure the remaining Arkie ants will be glad to be home.

We plan on 2 overnights, maybe 3, at Riverside, so are flexible as to meeting up. Lunches are cheaper & fine by us. Nobody need drive after dark that way, either.
Sue you and Martin travel swiftly through that section of AR. You'll be crossing the worlds best duck hunting and we don't want any stray hunter taking second looks at "Snowbirds".

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2018, 09:24 AM   #73068

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGrandma View Post
Hey guys! Just a quick stop in to say I'm doing a Facebook Live cooking demo tomorrow night at 7pm central. I'll be making these low carb sandwich buns that actually taste good. I'll also bee showing how to use that same dough for a low carb pizza crust that's substantial, tasty, and can be eaten by hand. No cauliflower involved, I promise!

Just go to http://www.facebook.com/lowcarbtestkitchens to join me!

I won't sell you anything. I do this page to test out and create recipes for Allen and I, that make a 50-100 carbs a day diabetic lifestyle not only possible, but sustainable. And believe me - cake, cookies, and candy are still on the menu.

Charlene
Attachment 189460Attachment 189461Attachment 189462Attachment 189463
Cool, Charlene! I'm interested, & others might be too. It will be almost like meeting you in person! Maybe the Arkie bunch can share a living room ....

Hey, we should all join in and call it a FEVC ... First Ever Video Curiosity. How's that for hijacking Charlene's program? Prolly not fair, eh?

Old 01-21-2018, 09:30 AM   #73069

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Sue you and Martin travel swiftly through that section of AR. You'll be crossing the worlds best duck hunting and we don't want any stray hunter taking second looks at "Snowbirds".
We'll be pedalling hard & keeping our heads down. Thanks for warning us!
Old 01-21-2018, 09:31 AM   #73070

Fleetwood Owners Club
We have a living room but I'm technically challenged at getting Facebook on a TV. We can gather around an IPad!
Old 01-21-2018, 09:37 AM   #73071

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
The best thing I saw at the Tampa RV show today...

Crank it really loud so you get the real feeling. They sure didn't need any amplification to drown out everything else around the area.
Speaking as someone who lived south of the border (Hadrian's Wall), I have to say that the one thing I loath with intensity is the sound of bagpipes, exceeded only by the sight of men in skirts playing them. 'Nuf said.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:41 AM   #73072
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
We have a living room but I'm technically challenged at getting Facebook on a TV. We can gather around an IPad!

If you can hook a computer to a tv, then you can do facebook, but it will be able to be vuewed later as well.....

Larry is ok with most places now, no teeth yet but pretty good at mushing.....

Right now I have to go take dogs to groomers....

We have no plans until wed am.... so anytime is good....

Back in a bit..
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:07 AM   #73073
RVM #169

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Cool, Charlene! I'm interested, & others might be too. It will be almost like meeting you in person! Maybe the Arkie bunch can share a living room ....

Hey, we should all join in and call it a FEVC ... First Ever Video Curiosity. How's that for hijacking Charlene's program? Prolly not fair, eh?
I love the idea!! The more, the merrier!
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine. Blog: Disc Golf Duffers
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:31 AM   #73074

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGrandma View Post
I love the idea!! The more, the merrier!
Dave & Nola?
Old 01-21-2018, 11:25 AM   #73075

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok Di, Richard and Sue and any other mutants that want to be a part of this First Ever Video Facebook Extravaganza. I have a BIL willing to come over and connect his Laptop to my TV for this event. So, my personal chef has said she will fix a large pot of vegetable soup and we can all gaither here if everyone is up for it. That means travaling in the dark but what say mutants?

We can still meet for lunch one day as well!
Old 01-21-2018, 11:30 AM   #73076

Tim, all I've seen so far are seagulls. Good hunting? Lousy dinner, maybe!
Old 01-21-2018, 11:51 AM   #73077
RVM #169

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Ok Di, Richard and Sue and any other mutants that want to be a part of this First Ever Video Facebook Extravaganza. I have a BIL willing to come over and connect his Laptop to my TV for this event. So, my personal chef has said she will fix a large pot of vegetable soup and we can all gaither here if everyone is up for it. That means travaling in the dark but what say mutants?

Im super excited you guys are gonna get together for this! I'll be sure to shout out to the RVMutants!

Road tested these sammich buns at McDonald's...

Allen and I were just discussing it. And he made a good point that flavor-wise, these buns are not the same as a traditional wheat hamburger bun. However the trade-off of four and a half carbs for the low carb bun, versus 40-ish carbs for the traditional McDonald's bun, the difference for using the low carb buns is worth it.

Charlene

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180121_121359_140.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	189512
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine. Blog: Disc Golf Duffers
Old 01-21-2018, 11:54 AM   #73078

Quote:

Oh man, y'all are heroes, including your BIL. I had considered our rig for a living room, but it's a bit cozy for a bunch of us, even as good friends as we are.

Whst can we bring? I have a pkg of ciabatta rolls available, and (most of) an angel food cake. May i bring them? Ask the boss!

Cheers!
Old 01-21-2018, 12:04 PM   #73079

Looking forward to it! I don't know how these things work, though. Your special audience can't shout back to you, can they? (We would!)
Old 01-21-2018, 12:16 PM   #73080
RVM #169

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Looking forward to it! I don't know how these things work, though. Your special audience can't shout back to you, can they? (We would!)
Well if I understand right, an unlimited number of people can watch it. All you have to do is click on the link for it in my low carb test kitchens Facebook page. So if you are central time that's going to be 7 p.m. tomorrow.

Yes, you can interact! During the event, you can leave comments on the video itself, and then I will answer you back as I'm doing the demo. So feel free to ask lots of questions, make comments, you can ask me to show you something a little closer, Etc.

Once the video demonstration is over, you can really watch the video later, or if people were busy and not able to watch it live, you can watch the replay and it will stay on my page. You can share that replay with other people, too.

Charlene