Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2018, 08:09 PM   #73221

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
So Marty, I’m thrilled to hear that Tylenol is handling your pain, but inquiring minds want to know — can you see much positive change from your surgery yet?
Not really...I'm in a splint currently. It's a marathon, not a Sprint....and results won't really be appreciated until the marathon is finished.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2018, 08:13 PM   #73222

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Shorthand for Pull Through

Ahhhh.
PT
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:42 PM   #73223

American Coach Owners Club
R U a Mutant

So we are watching Jimmy Fallon..

Did you hear about the guys from Minnesota traveling with 500 pounds of marijuana?
Their GPS said its not about the destination, its the journey man.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:54 PM   #73224

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Ahhhh.
PT
Mmm ... Physical Therapy, physical training, part time, paper towels ....

Context, context, context! 🤔 😉
Old 01-25-2018, 01:27 AM   #73225

psychotic tendencies
Wandersabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:47 AM   #73226

I will be in 2019. Leaving Early spring on a slow meander north from Arizona.
Beverlybrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 04:45 AM   #73227

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
So we are watching Jimmy Fallon..

Did you hear about the guys from Minnesota traveling with 500 pounds of marijuana?
Their GPS said its not about the destination, its the journey man.
I’m amazed they could find their way. But maybe they were headed from Mexico to Los Angelos and took a wrong turn in Albuquerque?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 04:49 AM   #73228

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarebear.nm View Post
Who in the group may be headed to Alaska this summer? We're leaving in mid May and returning late Sept or so. Be nice to cross paths with other mutants if any others going that way.
If you are headed near the Seattle area I’ll be there. Have you planned your US route yet?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-25-2018, 06:46 AM   #73229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandersabout View Post
psychotic tendencies
How would we know about that, eh?
Old 01-25-2018, 08:49 AM   #73230

Vintage RV Owners Club
Morning, Gang!

Hey thanks for all the suggestions re: generator. Allen and talked about it, (me reading him all your comments), and we're gonna try running his c-pap with the inverter (he says he's pretty sure we have one; if not, we'll get one). He's gonna make double sure about the power draw on his cpap machine first. We'll pull the Onan out (why keep it in there if it's busted) but hang onto it in case we decide later it's worth fixing. Good suggestions also to just spend some time in her and find out if a genny is really needed, considering we won't be spending extended time in her. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Di-- loved the pictures from lunch. You guys looked like you had great fun the other day!

And welcome to the new RVMs! Carol, don't tell Beverly what's on that broom handle. She may never take it from you then!

Prayers for Dwayne's dad, Marty, and all the rest of us needing healing!

Had a fun time last night figuring out what's wrong with our gas clothes dryer. Air flow is good, initial heat up was good, but heat sustained not good. It's a Kenmore-- we have personally had the best luck with that brand. This dryer is 18 years old, still a long life to go. It just needs a sensor replaced, apparently. Simple machine so Allen just ordered the part. Kenmore chest freezer is 35 years old. A little rusty on the outside but still working like a champ. Same expectations on the dryer.

Have a wonderful day, youse guys.

Charlene
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:19 AM   #73231

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
For those of you who have named your RV, that is beyond my RV's clever "Home", I'd love to hear how and why you chose that name. I know some of the stories, but what about the rest?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-25-2018, 10:05 AM   #73232

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
For those of you who have named your RV, that is beyond my RV's clever "Home", I'd love to hear how and why you chose that name. I know some of the stories, but what about the rest?
Ours was named after my paternal grandmother, Clora Mae Downing. She was an amazing woman. I wish now I'd recorded some of her stories!

She and Grandpa were married 66 years. After he passed away, she lived by herself for quite some time, and had lots of friends from the senior center and her church to keep her company. But 7 years ago she agreed to move in with my dad, her only child. He'd been single for many years, was living in Florida, and wanted to have a roommate. So Grandma moved across the country to be with him. They rented a very nice house in a senior only housing tract.

2 years ago, he had a heart attack while out on a date with a friend. Grandma and I had kept in touch all through the years, so she asked her neighbor to call me. I flew down to take care of Dad's things and move Grandma up to Illinois with me.

We flew Allen and our oldest son down, had them pack up everything in a Uhaul and drive it up ahead of us; then Grandma and I went on our "Grand Adventure", driving my dad's red Mustang convertible from Florida to Illinois, with a detour in South Carolina for her to meet my youngest son and his family.

We had the best time on that trip. Laughed, she told me stories, we stopped and ate in out-of-the-way places. I'd talk with her about all the things we'd do together, the trips we'd take together. She'd never been to the midwest, and I was excited to share that with her. She'd nod and smile; I had no idea at thetime that her spine was simply shattered. She never told me. We were using a wheelchair for convenience, because she wasn't too steady on her feet (who is, at 95???). I had to find out from an ER doctor when we got up here to Illinois, how bad it really was.

After the hospital, we brooked no objections and she moved in with us. We installed chair lifts and carried her where we could. She was a tiny thing and only weighed 87 pounds, so she wasn't hard for Allen to carry. But she was just too frail; and the loss of my dad was just too much for her broken heart, in spite of all the great grandchildren and great-great grandchildren who surrounded her when she moved in with us. She quickly slipped into dementia, and we had to restrain her in bed; she kept trying to get up in the middle of the night to go to work!

She was only with us for two months. Hospice was wonderful, and they did their best to help me through it. It was some of the hardest two months in my life. But I know where she is, and that she lives because our Redeemer lives; so the adventures are just on hold, not gone forever.

After Grandma passed on, we used some of my inheritance to buy the RV, and of course there was no other name to give her except Grandma's. Whenever we've gone somewhere in her, I can't help thinking, "Oh how Grandma would have loved this."

Charlene
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cloramaedowning.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	189967   Click image for larger version

Name:	familyportrait2016.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	189968  

RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:26 AM   #73233
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandersabout View Post
psychotic tendencies
You need to stop dumpin' on Tim like that!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:11 PM   #73234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
How would we know about that, eh?
Well if the truth be told .....
Wandersabout is offline   Reply With Quote